Andrew Yang's Humanity Forward Movement

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on anything they want to have an opinion on, Mr. Thought Police.
    That doesn't mean everyone is entitled to a VOTE on every issue, but we all have opinions, including Mr. Thought Police.

I like Yang, he's a smart fellow and I would be glad to have him as POTUS.
    Why? 
    Having freedom of thought is an intrinsic part of being human.  Most opinions probably aren't worth a damn, but that doesn't mean we should control what people think.  Not that we could, anyways.
    I'm shocked a University professor would be so eager to censor the very thoughts of those with whom he disagrees.
    Who is censoring? I'm in no position to censor anyone but myself. And I do.

This is why I earlier said that I find cincy (and perhaps you) more arrogant than me: you grant yourself the right to have an opinion on literally everything. I would never claim that for myself. 
    you literally have said several times over many threads "you aren't entitled to an opinion on this". not sure how it can be a more clear example of censoring. 

gambs is a self-professed arrogant. and i think i can speak for many that we still love him to bits. 
    Good thing I'm somewhat partial to Ohioans.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on anything they want to have an opinion on, Mr. Thought Police.
    That doesn't mean everyone is entitled to a VOTE on every issue, but we all have opinions, including Mr. Thought Police.

Why? 
    Having freedom of thought is an intrinsic part of being human.  Most opinions probably aren't worth a damn, but that doesn't mean we should control what people think.  Not that we could, anyways.
    I'm shocked a University professor would be so eager to censor the very thoughts of those with whom he disagrees.

This is why I earlier said that I find cincy (and perhaps you) more arrogant than me: you grant yourself the right to have an opinion on literally everything. I would never claim that for myself. 
    you literally have said several times over many threads "you aren't entitled to an opinion on this". not sure how it can be a more clear example of censoring. 

gambs is a self-professed arrogant. and i think i can speak for many that we still love him to bits. 
    Good thing I'm somewhat partial to Ohioans.
    :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ohio sucks, but some of us Ohioans aren't ALL bad lol 
    It's good to be back around these parts, missed y'all!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sorry, Brian.  I know this was your dude.
    Going to have to settle for one of the crusty old coots, unfortunately.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited February 2020
    we absolutely are entitled to our opinion.  this seems to still be a free country. most especially if you are an involved party. however, thats not a decision I can or should make for another even where I might be an involved party.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Sorry, Brian.  I know this was your dude.
    Going to have to settle for one of the crusty old coots, unfortunately.

Thank you.  I appreciate that thought very much!

Some of the Yang people out west here are saying they will still vote for Yang.  That seems like a wasted vote to me.  I'm thinking very likely I'll go with either Klobuchar or Pete in the Calif primary.  But for fucks sake, whoever gets the Dem nod- even if it is some crusty old fart- I sure as hell hope they can pull off a win against Donald The Terrible.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Shit, man, I didn't realize when I said that that I deleted your comments. I'll wield my power more responsibly from here on out. 

Alternate response: you don't know what the word "censor" means. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Shit, man, I didn't realize when I said that that I deleted your comments. I'll wield my power more responsibly from here on out. 

It might just be the latter.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    telling people they aren't allowed an opinion/voice on any given subject is an attempt to censor that person. 

understand now?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

i know perfectly well what it means, but thanks for yet another unoriginal thought. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    Finally after Andrew Yang drops out, I open this thread to see what people thought of him.  Turns out this thread's not about him.

I'll miss him.  His non-combative approach was a breath of fresh air (though the "MATH" hat would have been treated as combative).  Even if he's never going to be president, I hope to see him around...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    telling people they aren't allowed an opinion/voice on any given subject is an attempt to censor that person. 

understand now?
    *Bleep*
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    ecdanc said:

understand now?
    *Bleep*
    It's not ok to alter someone's post in any way.  Just a heads up.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Given a) the level of anti-Trump sentiment around here; and b) the simultaneous impulse toward civic engagement (i.e., the general sense that people should vote), I must confess I'm a little surprised by y'all's nearly-universal "everyone gets an opinion" take. Isn't the combination of entitlement to an opinion and civi engagement what got us into this problem?

ecdanc said:
    Given a) the level of anti-Trump sentiment around here; and b) the simultaneous impulse toward civic engagement (i.e., the general sense that people should vote), I must confess I'm a little surprised by y'all's nearly-universal "everyone gets an opinion" take. Isn't the combination of entitlement to an opinion and civi engagement what got us into this problem?

No, it's the failure of many not exercising that right.  
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:

For someone with such consistently bad takes, you're shockingly confident the majority agrees with you. 
    ecdanc said:

understand now?
    *Bleep*
    Stop censoring me. 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

understand now?
    *Bleep*
    Stop censoring me. 
    Not me.  In the past people would do it (me included) as jokes, etc.  Kat didn't like and told us all to stop.  She won't let that continue.  So please tell her to stop censoring.  Or don't.  I don't care anymore.
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

For someone with such consistently bad takes, you're shockingly confident the majority agrees with you. 
    Ignoring your trolling, my comment is my own opinion.  I'm unsure how you would get "shockingly confident the majority agrees with you" out of that. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Ignoring your trolling, my comment is my own opinion.  I'm unsure how you would get "shockingly confident the majority agrees with you" out of that. 
    Reasoning. 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Reasoning. 
    Ah, no wonder you got it 100% wrong.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

i know perfectly well what it means, but thanks for yet another unoriginal thought. 
    Zing, you really got me there.

Here's another unoriginal thought, you don't know what true censorship means, it's either by ignorance or stubbornness. I really don't care but it is amusing.

Nobody was censored.

On topic, I liked Yang. But am glad to see him throw in the towel now, it was the right time. A candidate with ideas ahead of his time.
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Reasoning. 
    You're more of a gut instinct kinda guy. 
    edited February 2020
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Reasoning. 
    You're more of a projection sort of guy.  Like trump.  Project what you know about yourself on to others. 
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Reasoning. 
    Your more of a projection sort of guy.  Like trump.  Project what you know about yourself on to others. 
    I have never once said you're prematurely gray, increasingly overweight, or poor-postured!!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Here's another unoriginal thought, you don't know what true censorship means, it's either by ignorance or stubbornness. I really don't care but it is amusing.

Nobody was censored.

On topic, I liked Yang. But am glad to see him throw in the towel now, it was the right time. A candidate with ideas ahead of his time.
    Only because thoughts CAN'T be censored yet...the desire to do so has certainly been expressed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    OnWis97 said:
    Finally after Andrew Yang drops out, I open this thread to see what people thought of him.  Turns out this thread's not about him.

I'll miss him.  His non-combative approach was a breath of fresh air (though the "MATH" hat would have been treated as combative).  Even if he's never going to be president, I hope to see him around...

It's a shame it got side-tracked.  But it's AMT, I guess I should have expected it.  

Yeah. I'm sorry to see Yang go.  I hope he will continue to be an influence.  I sure like his energy and ideas!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

And I'm still wear my MATH. pin!

rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

Only because thoughts CAN'T be censored yet...the desire to do so has certainly been expressed.
    exactly.

jesus the pathetic interest in "gotchas" around here sure seems to be more important than listening to another's point of view. 

I KNOW NO ONE WAS LITERALLY CENSORED.

SMFH
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

I'm not interested in "zings". pointing out an annoying pattern of yours. I'm not interested in your constant "I'm going to agree with THIS guy and pile on the guy he disagrees with instead of adding to the discussion in any meaningful way". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD