Options

Worst Thing At A Concert

123457»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    petted101 said:
    What is a "boomer"?
    I think it’s when you are taking a shit and getting a blow job at the same time 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    tish said:
    People that sing. I couldn't shut up at a Vedder solo show once (and trust me - I'm no singer... the first act of autonomy my kid expressed was a request that I STOP singing lullabys). Fortunately, Ed caught on and sang a sing-a-long.
    I took a video with myself singing along during a song where the crowd was all singing.
    Hearing the playback put a stop to my singing along loudly unless it is to one of the parts where everyone sings.
    :lol: I did something similar w/ home videos. I love to sing however I don't do it well. My kids would say that's an understatement. On birthdays when they were smaller I'd always be the one filming them blowing out the candles surrounded by the group working their way thru the 'Happy Birthday' singalong. So my voice would always be closest to the speaker. Aiyiyi :fearful: These days I still film the shindigs but let others' voices get recorded for posterity.

So, worst things at a concert. A few that come to mind:
    - When the person in front of you who's recording a whole song they'll probably never watch back holds up their phone directly in your line of site.
    - When you get in the beer line, or concessions line, or merch line etc. and you choose the line with that person operating the counter. You know the one. The one move at the pace of a sloth, where time and space cease to exist. They're the same person who on their way home drive in the fast lane at ten mph under the speed limit.
    - When someone yells 'Roll Tide!' (I live in the south. It happens way more often than you'd think.)
    - Back to the merch line.  When you get behind Joe N. Decisive. You know the person. Could be him, could be her. The one who can't decide between long sleeve or short sleeve. Shirt with tour dates or just band logo? Two shirts or three?? Oh, and maybe I should get an extra for Sheila??? Now flummoxed, holds the shirt up to try and determine whether the L or XL will fit better :look_at_the_time:
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    petted101 said:
    What is a "boomer"?
    I have to admit that this^^^ made me laugh^^^
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    edited February 2020
    petted101 said:
    What is a "boomer"?
    No, that's a blumpken.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    petted101 said:
    What is a "boomer"?
    No, that's a blumpken.
    Ask the expert....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,429
    If I could eliminate one bad thing at concerts its people that talk during songs.  And even between songs.  Like...."Hey do you want a beer?" is fine.  Talking about your work day during songs?  GTFO
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    tusevun said:
    Malroth said:
    boomers
    shrooms are awesome. 
    Truer words have never been spoken!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Vedd Hedd said:
    If I could eliminate one bad thing at concerts its people that talk during songs.  And even between songs.  Like...."Hey do you want a beer?" is fine.  Talking about your work day during songs?  GTFO
    I used to go to shows with this real pissed off and pugnacious Masshole, and he had a way of preventing this behavior in our area. Dude moved to Hawaii, though, so he's probably all chill now.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    real pissed off and pugnacious Masshole, 
    That's redundant.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    dankind said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I used to go to shows with this real pissed off and pugnacious Masshole, and he had a way of preventing this behavior in our area. Dude moved to Hawaii, though, so he's probably all chill now.
    Eddie Shore?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    dankind said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Eddie Shore?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJXi1Emfbw4