Quebec City Roll Call 2020

Comments

• Can’t wait!!
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    The boss says I can have the time off. Looking at flights this evening :rock_on:

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Flights don’t really fit our schedule so we will be driving from New Jersey. Any cool towns to stay in either right before the border or after in order to break up the first night drive?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    in
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • nautical_disasternautical_disaster Posts: 260
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Flights don’t really fit our schedule so we will be driving from New Jersey. Any cool towns to stay in either right before the border or after in order to break up the first night drive?
    If you're good logistically to stop in Montreal, I would have all your craft beer info needs lol

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Je suis très excité!

Third time in this city, and first Pearl Jam show outside of the US for me. Quebec, to me, is the most picturesque city I've visited in NA.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    Can you guys recommend a good hotel right near the airport?  If I do fly my flight gets in late Friday night.  
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    I'm in!! 
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Convinced the wife it would be a good anniversary weekend - so in!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    My first visit to QC. Best economical route from Ottawa? rent car, train, bus, fly?

Via Rail seems like a decent option.
  • Red Lukin said:
    My first visit to QC. Best economical route from Ottawa? rent car, train, bus, fly?

Via Rail seems like a decent option.
    Yea agree, just checked it, going to book that. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Can you guys recommend a good hotel right near the airport?  If I do fly my flight gets in late Friday night.  
    Airport in the middle of nowhere. Like really nowhere. Cab to downtown hotel in 30 minutes max. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    Everyone here put in for GA?  Still 99%?
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    The X factor show.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    100 Pacer said:
    The X factor show.
    totally agree....looking forward to it 
    A
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • 100 Pacer said:
    The X factor show.
    What do you mean?
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

UGGGHHHHH , work came up and I cannot go to this show now , sucks because the odds are so high for GA and I feel it will be a special show.

I put in for 1 GA ticket for NYC its a long shot but if I get it I will just drive down from Boston that morning go to the show drive back and then sleep it off the next day.

I hope you all have a blast , keep your fingers crossed for me ( although us Boston peps are spoiled with shows so if NYC is a no go , I am sure they will be back in the fall )

• I decided to request Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa and Quebec in that order.  I hope to see everyone at each stop! :-)
    I went Best Available for all, normally do Reserved but I think the pit could be great in Quebec and heard the Videotron Center has great sound!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I decided to request Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa and Quebec in that order.  I hope to see everyone at each stop! :-)
    I went Best Available for all, normally do Reserved but I think the pit could be great in Quebec and heard the Videotron Center has great sound!
    Just my opinion but if it was me I would put Quebec in 3rd over Ottawa. There is a small chance but Ottawa is probably not making the 3rd round. QBC has a good chance at doing so. That way you have a chance at 3/4 GA instead of your likely 2/4. Up to you of course but that is what I would do. 
  • PJNB said:
    I decided to request Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa and Quebec in that order.  I hope to see everyone at each stop! :-)
    Just my opinion but if it was me I would put Quebec in 3rd over Ottawa. There is a small chance but Ottawa is probably not making the 3rd round. QBC has a good chance at doing so. That way you have a chance at 3/4 GA instead of your likely 2/4. Up to you of course but that is what I would do. 
    That's a great idea, and I appreciate it.  Going to do that!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    Make sure reserved does not move for any of them though from the 99% or you could be shut out of Ottawa in 4th. 
  • PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Make sure reserved does not move for any of them though from the 99% or you could be shut out of Ottawa in 4th. 
    Also great insight.  I am going to change my order around 11pm tonight to ensure this.  Thanks again my friend.
  • ryangingerryanginger Toronto Posts: 77
    Also going to all 4. Only been to Quebec City once before, and never for a show. Understand the arena is in the middle of nowhere and hard to get in/out of. Would definitely be interested in chipping in towards a car share, shuttle, etc if others are.
    Vancouver 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013
    Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
  • jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Also going to all 4. Only been to Quebec City once before, and never for a show. Understand the arena is in the middle of nowhere and hard to get in/out of. Would definitely be interested in chipping in towards a car share, shuttle, etc if others are.
    This will be my first trip to Quebec. Not sure what the area around the arena is like. Says my hotel is a 35 minute walk from the arena. Wonder if it’s actually walkable 🤔
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
    I believe @PJNB will be running an Uber service.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Score!
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
    mcgruff10 said:
    Score!
    Yeah I already signed up.  Good stuff.   Only $100 Canadian round trip from old town which is like $3 usd.  
  • IN for me and the wife for a weekend in Quebec (sans kids...).  First time and driving from North Shore in MA.  Can't wait!!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Score!
    Yeah I already signed up.  Good stuff.   Only $100 Canadian round trip from old town which is like $3 usd.  
    Damn, first trip on me!
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Question for the folks at the last show.  The area behind our seats had it's own bar and food service.  They even had guys in chef's hats serving food.  It was really awesome but we got to our seats late and didn't get to enjoy it.  Is this a regular thing at The Videotron?  I think we had to show our tickets before we could enter.  So if I win GA I miss that piece?