Options

Quebec City Roll Call 2020

Comments

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 692
    A 35 minute walk in Quebec City may be walkable (not sure where your hotel is) but keep in mind the temperature in March may / may not make for a very pleasant walk.  The city is one of the most beautiful in North America, especially old Quebec, but the winters do get quite cold and snowy if you’re not used to that sort of weather.  Enjoy the city and the show!
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    ST66483 said:
    A 35 minute walk in Quebec City may be walkable (not sure where your hotel is) but keep in mind the temperature in March may / may not make for a very pleasant walk.  The city is one of the most beautiful in North America, especially old Quebec, but the winters do get quite cold and snowy if you’re not used to that sort of weather.  Enjoy the city and the show!
    Thanks. I’m at the Best Western Plus City Centre. I’m from shitty NW Pennsylvania so I’m no stranger to freezing temperatures and snow. At the same time, probably won’t walk in a blizzard. We’ll see what happens. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    what is public transportation like between old town and the venue?  do you guys uber in the great white north?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NateDNateD Posts: 14
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is public transportation like between old town and the venue?  do you guys uber in the great white north?
    mcgruff10 said:
    2016 was rough getting back. Taxi lines were hours long. Not really that walk friendly as you have to cross through a major highway and a dimly lit section of town. I’d strongly recommend reserving a ride if it’s in the budget.
  • Options
    NateD said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    2016 was rough getting back. Taxi lines were hours long. Not really that walk friendly as you have to cross through a major highway and a dimly lit section of town. I’d strongly recommend reserving a ride if it’s in the budget.
    Damn, alright. Thanks for the heads up. 
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    What if I just leave my car in the ole Walmart parking lot and walk over?
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I'm going to regret not going to this show I think.  My wife pulled out last minute and told me to go to NY instead, which is very sweet and I appreciate it. But she doesn't pay attention to the whole odds thing, not knowing this was a guarantee while NY is not.  We had planned a family trip but she decided she wanted to go somewhere else :bawling:    I'll be following this setlist with dread lol
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    I'm going to regret not going to this show I think.  My wife pulled out last minute and told me to go to NY instead, which is very sweet and I appreciate it. But she doesn't pay attention to the whole odds thing, not knowing this was a guarantee while NY is not.  We had planned a family trip but she decided she wanted to go somewhere else :bawling:    I'll be following this setlist with dread lol
    It’s not too late...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    Love Videotron Centre, building is well done, but have to agree the transportation is or was terrible, in '16 uber wasnt legal in quebec city, not sure if it is yet, taxi line was a few hours of waiting in the cold after the show. Still worth the experience, but hopefully they get the public transportation improved for the venue. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Also going to all 4. Only been to Quebec City once before, and never for a show. Understand the arena is in the middle of nowhere and hard to get in/out of. Would definitely be interested in chipping in towards a car share, shuttle, etc if others are.
    I believe @PJNB will be running an Uber service.  
    Score!
    Yeah I already signed up.  Good stuff.   Only $100 Canadian round trip from old town which is like $3 usd.  
    Damn, first trip on me!
    This is what we are taking to the show boys!

• Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Also going to all 4. Only been to Quebec City once before, and never for a show. Understand the arena is in the middle of nowhere and hard to get in/out of. Would definitely be interested in chipping in towards a car share, shuttle, etc if others are.
    I believe @PJNB will be running an Uber service.  
    Score!
    Yeah I already signed up.  Good stuff.   Only $100 Canadian round trip from old town which is like $3 usd.  
    Damn, first trip on me!
    This is what we are taking to the show boys!

I call back seat!
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    Is there parking at or around the arena? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    jpequjpequ Posts: 142
    I am in!

In 2016 my buddy and I just walked over to a pub and drank with some locals until the taxi situation cleared up.
  • Options
    Hopefully I'll be coming in for Ottawa and Quebec! Never been to either city, looking forward to it!  
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    Anyone know around what time we should know what we got for the 10c tickets??
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    Is there parking at or around the arena? 
    Yes the parking there is really good. A couple of different lots and easy in and out. We did it for Elton John and I think it was $15. Only waited 1 minute to get on the road from the lower parking lot. 
  • Options
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

In 2016 my buddy and I just walked over to a pub and drank with some locals until the taxi situation cleared up.
    This is the thing to do, clearly. Just not enough taxi and Uber drivers in Qc City to handle 16k all leaving at the same time. In 2016 most ended up walking back towards old city, but at least it was in May (was actually quite a "warm" day, spent drinking on terrasses). Won't be anywhere near warm in March. Bring some warm jacket to the show cause there will be walking involved afterwards. Warmth of GA pit for three hours followed by 45 minutes walking in cold = guaranteed pneumonia.  

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

This is the thing to do, clearly. Just not enough taxi and Uber drivers in Qc City to handle 16k all leaving at the same time. In 2016 most ended up walking back towards old city, but at least it was in May (was actually quite a "warm" day, spent drinking on terrasses). Won't be anywhere near warm in March. Bring some warm jacket to the show cause there will be walking involved afterwards. Warmth of GA pit for three hours followed by 45 minutes walking in cold = guaranteed pneumonia.  
    What do the GA folks do with their coats. These buildings don't have coat check I assume. haha. Something I never thought about before now. I don't think I've ever had a pit show in March before. (assuming GA comes though).
  • Options
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

What do the GA folks do with their coats. These buildings don't have coat check I assume. haha. Something I never thought about before now. I don't think I've ever had a pit show in March before. (assuming GA comes though).
    $5 a jacket I will store it in the bus. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

CAD or USD?

• Options
    PJNB said:
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

CAD or USD?

We do not even use CAD up here. USD of course!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

CAD or USD?

I am pumped for the bus!  
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jpequ said:
    I am in!

CAD or USD?

We do not even use CAD up here. USD of course!
    Damn, I was hoping for a discount. Oh well.

• Options
    So I have $15 CAD from my last trip, will that buy me a beer and a burger?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    At Mcdondalds maybe. Gotta go to the corner store though to pick up the Colt 45
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    At Mcdondalds maybe. Gotta go to the corner store though to pick up the Colt 45
    I only drink Molson XXX.
  • Options
    Hopefully see you all there!
  • Options
    My absolute dream 5 song combo start for Quebec City, since all we can do is wait right now lol: Oceans - Faithfull - Hail Hail - Last Exit - Go

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Dream 5 song combo to start:
    Release
    long road 
    hti
    go 
    in hiding 
  • Options
    also excellent choices...HTI is my bucket list song, along with oceans

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City