Options

Quebec City Roll Call 2020

Comments

• Options
    Never been. The Gf and I are excited. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 542
    I’m in!  Doing this one solo as it’s stands right now.  After Ottawa show I’ll stay in Trois-Rivières on the Saturday and Quebec City on The Sunday for the show.
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What the heck are timmies?!
    At this point I’m not sure if your honesty asking or goofing around.  Since I have the same personality I have to admire that.  You better be this much fun in person...lol 

For the record it’s a chain of coffee and donut shops.  Very similar to Dunkin Donuts.  
    I honestly had no clue.  so it is like the dunkin doughnuts of the great white north, shitty coffee and ok doughnuts appealing to the masses.  got it.  (will stay away from lol)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Love Quebec City. Will be my 3rd visit there. 

It's a great city and the one thing about the people here- they loooovvveee their live music and it doesn't even matter who is performing.  But I agree that the venue is a bit of a PITA to get to.  Remember that bus ride back to the hotels in 2016, when there were like 600 of us on there? lol  I believe it was also the same night we found out that the Raptors effed up our night 2 in TO.  Good times :)
    Steph
  • Options
    IN with the GF. Should be Coming in via Train from Ottawa on Satuday the 21st (10am train) 

Booked at Hotel Manior Morgan In Old Quebec City. Anyone else staying there? 
    I’m on the same train.  Booked business class.  Wasn’t that much more than regular.  6 hour ride.  Meal included and I think it’s open bar.  Nicer seats, less crowded.  Just saying.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Fixer13 said:
    Two Maineiacs confirmed for QC.  B) Psyched to be crossing the Canadian border for another PJ show with my Pearl Jam buddy Dave.  2016 was a blast.  I'll never forget the guy who was working at the remote border crossing near Jackman, Maine.  He asked, "You going to see THE Pearl Jam?!" when he checked our passports.  And we said, yeah we're going to see THE Pearl Jam!  He said lots of people were doing the same that day.  We're staying at the Pur Hotel again.  Cool pubs nearby and that breakfast at the hotel was fucking amazing.

I picked Best Available tix but really hoping for GA.  Received the ticketmaster notice but still a mystery on location. 

I found this pic on the inter-webs after their last concert at the Videotron Centre, which shows how seating and GA looks.

Can't wait!

Holy Shit, that's a small venue!  Can't wait...
  • Options
    Capacity is over 20,000 for concerts.   Not exactly small 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    At this point I’m not sure if your honesty asking or goofing around.  Since I have the same personality I have to admire that.  You better be this much fun in person...lol 

For the record it’s a chain of coffee and donut shops.  Very similar to Dunkin Donuts.  
    I honestly had no clue.  so it is like the dunkin doughnuts of the great white north, shitty coffee and ok doughnuts appealing to the masses.  got it.  (will stay away from lol)
    Can confirm TH is better than DD
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You telling me there are no Tim Hortons in New Jersey?
  • Options
    I have never heard of them before.  I just looked up their locations and they have two Tim Horton s in all of nj, both are over an hour away from
    my house.  
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    They closed a bunch of them here in Maine in the past few years.  I can't recall ever visiting one.  I don't care much for D&D so I don't imagine I was missing much.  I'd rather have a cup of circle K (gas station) coffee than some overpriced Starbucks/D&D slop.  
  • Options
    SS188351 said:
    demetrios said:

It's a great city and the one thing about the people here- they loooovvveee their live music and it doesn't even matter who is performing.  But I agree that the venue is a bit of a PITA to get to.  Remember that bus ride back to the hotels in 2016, when there were like 600 of us on there? lol  I believe it was also the same night we found out that the Raptors effed up our night 2 in TO.  Good times :)

Getting back from the show is something I'm a bit concerned about. 

What's the scoop on the busses? 
    Are Uber/Lyft drivers available? 
    What about taxis outside the venue? 

We are staying in Old Quebec City 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    kst said:
    IN with the GF. Should be Coming in via Train from Ottawa on Satuday the 21st (10am train) 

Booked at Hotel Manior Morgan In Old Quebec City. Anyone else staying there? 
    I’m on the same train.  Booked business class.  Wasn’t that much more than regular.  6 hour ride.  Meal included and I think it’s open bar.  Nicer seats, less crowded.  Just saying.
    Oh ABSOLUTELY booked business class. Agreed 100%

MUCH nicer / more spacious seat
    Solid 3-Course meal included
    All Alcoholic Beverages included "free"

Biggest no brainer ever on a 6+ hour ride... especially if we get a significant delay. 

We are car 1 row 14 seats A & B, though I'm going to call and try to get is the single seats facing each other. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    Just picked up an Airbnb 2 minutes from the venue. Going to hold onto the Hotel Du Nord just incase I get cancelled but this solves my parking or walking issue. 

If anyone here put in for BA first pick twice send me a PM if you only need 1 please and thanks!
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 540
    edited January 2020
    Just wondering if anyone put in for GA only Quebec as second priority and got It?  Trying to judge chances of getting GA with Quebec second priority Best Available.  Happy to be in the house no matter what though.

Not sure GA made it to the second round for any Canadian shows but Quebec had the best odds so I put Ottawa first priority Best Available.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,807
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Actually their coffee is very good, but Tim Horton’s is more like Dunkin than Starbucks 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    SS188351 said:
    demetrios said:

Sorry for the delay here...
    I will admit I don't use the bus very often, but I've heard it's pretty good. A buddy of mine turned me on to an app called Maps (it has a little route map with a little blue highway sign in the bottom right corner with 280 on it). Everyone has probably been using it for ages, but I'm behind the times lol

If you put it your start and end, it will give you routes and options, including local transit. According to this app, the #3 will take you at least downtown.  Depending on where the hotel is, you may have a 10-15 min walk after.  This makes sense when I look at the map because when we took the bus in 2016 (and I had no clue about the buses at the time), it was a 5-10 min walk from Videotron to the bus stop, but when I got off on Dorchester I walked 1 min and my hotel was right there- I stayed at the Bestwestern Plus on the corner of Rue du Roi and Rue de la Couronne.  There might be a bus that runs closer to Videotron, but you would probably have to get a transfer.  I personally prefer to walk a few min to the stop if it means just getting one bus.

The transit site is here:

If you look at route 3, I think stop 2986 is closest to Videotron (zoom in- Videotron is that pink'ish oval to the left of the blue bus line in between Soumande and Wilfred Hamel). If you look at the timings for this stop on Sundays, it's every 30 min with last bus at 12:26 am.

According to the Videotron website, there is a shuttle/navette service for hockey games and other events- the link brings you the schedule on the RTC Quebec website.  The PJ show is not listed here, but maybe it will be added.  Could be something to investigate.

Uber is available, I don't think Lyft is.  There is a taxi stand on the east side of the building by parking P4 and the Colisée  The taxi service here is pretty good but if several hundred people are hailing cabs at the same time, they can only do so much (and maybe same for Uber).  I took a cab to the venue at suppertime in 2016 and had zero issue.  There were taxis there when it was over, but the line of people waiting was huge.  We heard people talking about a bus so we followed them, and lo and behold :)

I found this site today too, which helps with route planning.  But they have you taking transfers and all that stuff.  I like the Maps app better.  You can play around with it though:

To summarize my long-windedness, I would suggest at least taking a solid look at the bus thing and be ready with a plan B just in case the taxis are over-whelmed.  It looks like a good hour walk to back to the hotel, and I don't think it would be very pleasant/easy.
    Steph
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Just wondering if anyone put in for GA only Quebec as second priority and got It?  Trying to judge chances of getting GA with Quebec second priority Best Available.  Happy to be in the house no matter what though.

Not sure GA made it to the second round for any Canadian shows but Quebec had the best odds so I put Ottawa first priority Best Available.
    My wife put GA QC as her 1st and only pick and didn't get it, so I don't think GA went to 2nd round.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    SS188351 said:
    SS188351 said:
    demetrios said:

I will admit I don't use the bus very often, but I've heard it's pretty good. A buddy of mine turned me on to an app called Maps (it has a little route map with a little blue highway sign in the bottom right corner with 280 on it). Everyone has probably been using it for ages, but I'm behind the times lol

If you put it your start and end, it will give you routes and options, including local transit. According to this app, the #3 will take you at least downtown.  Depending on where the hotel is, you may have a 10-15 min walk after.  This makes sense when I look at the map because when we took the bus in 2016 (and I had no clue about the buses at the time), it was a 5-10 min walk from Videotron to the bus stop, but when I got off on Dorchester I walked 1 min and my hotel was right there- I stayed at the Bestwestern Plus on the corner of Rue du Roi and Rue de la Couronne.  There might be a bus that runs closer to Videotron, but you would probably have to get a transfer.  I personally prefer to walk a few min to the stop if it means just getting one bus.

If you look at route 3, I think stop 2986 is closest to Videotron (zoom in- Videotron is that pink'ish oval to the left of the blue bus line in between Soumande and Wilfred Hamel). If you look at the timings for this stop on Sundays, it's every 30 min with last bus at 12:26 am.

According to the Videotron website, there is a shuttle/navette service for hockey games and other events- the link brings you the schedule on the RTC Quebec website.  The PJ show is not listed here, but maybe it will be added.  Could be something to investigate.

Uber is available, I don't think Lyft is.  There is a taxi stand on the east side of the building by parking P4 and the Colisée  The taxi service here is pretty good but if several hundred people are hailing cabs at the same time, they can only do so much (and maybe same for Uber).  I took a cab to the venue at suppertime in 2016 and had zero issue.  There were taxis there when it was over, but the line of people waiting was huge.  We heard people talking about a bus so we followed them, and lo and behold :)

I found this site today too, which helps with route planning.  But they have you taking transfers and all that stuff.  I like the Maps app better.  You can play around with it though:

To summarize my long-windedness, I would suggest at least taking a solid look at the bus thing and be ready with a plan B just in case the taxis are over-whelmed.  It looks like a good hour walk to back to the hotel, and I don't think it would be very pleasant/easy.
    You said "suppertime".  You are the best!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    sarnocm said:

My wife put GA QC as her 1st and only pick and didn't get it, so I don't think GA went to 2nd round.
    Another confirmation that 77% odds were not accurate. Tons of people had BA QBC as a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pick with BA as a selection. All of those people should be lowering that 77% odds down. No way a first round should lose imo when in 2016 44% had plenty of second round wins. 
  • Options
    SS188351SS188351 Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    CJ260717 said:
    SS188351 said:
    SS188351 said:
    demetrios said:

You said "suppertime".  You are the best!

It's the "quaint" Cape Bretoner in me? lol
    I'll take advantage of this reply to say that the bus routes are linked on the Google Maps app as well- if that helps :)
    Steph
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021
    Fixer13 said:
    Two Maineiacs confirmed for QC.  B) Psyched to be crossing the Canadian border for another PJ show with my Pearl Jam buddy Dave.  2016 was a blast.  I'll never forget the guy who was working at the remote border crossing near Jackman, Maine.  He asked, "You going to see THE Pearl Jam?!" when he checked our passports.  And we said, yeah we're going to see THE Pearl Jam!  He said lots of people were doing the same that day.  We're staying at the Pur Hotel again.  Cool pubs nearby and that breakfast at the hotel was fucking amazing.

I picked Best Available tix but really hoping for GA.  Received the ticketmaster notice but still a mystery on location. 

I found this pic on the inter-webs after their last concert at the Videotron Centre, which shows how seating and GA looks.

Can't wait!

Holy Shit, that's a small venue!  Can't wait...
    The acoustics in this place is beautiful! 
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 860
    Looks like a nice venue for concerts. 
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    NateDNateD Posts: 14
    Even though I’d rather get Hitchhiker, I sure hope this SarnoCM fellow gets Dissident.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I am so excited to visit this amazing city.  
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    NateD said:
    Even though I’d rather get Hitchhiker, I sure hope this SarnoCM fellow gets Dissident.
    I need my Dissident.  Haven't heard it since 1993.  Hey NateD, I'll buy you a beer at some dive bar after the show if they play it.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    Any recommendations on gluten-free restaurants by the arena? 

https://facebook.com/events/s/pearl-jam-quebec-city-wishlist/743333956194966
  • Options
    SgoifoSgoifo Posts: 20
    Fingers crossed for Hold On and Cropduster!!!
  • Options
    Bump! 

• Options
    2 months till Quebec City! =)