Options

AMAZON PRIME VIDEO STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Options
    Patriot is quirky, irreverent, laugh out loud funny and heart-breakingly devastating.  Thanks for the recommendation.  It had been in my watchlist for a while.  Glad I was finally able to sit down and watch it.  Wish there were more seasons.
    Excellent review!!! Have you watched the show Catastrophe? It is also quirky and laugh out loud funny.
    I did.  I have mixed feelings about it.  It was very much in the same vein as Patriot, but I found the characters were often mean, petty and selfish.  They were often cruel with their words and actions.  It made it hard for me to care about them.  Characterisations like that are one if the reasons that I never liked the Seinfeld sitcom.

In Patriot the characters, even the seemingly asshole ones, cared about others and made honest attempts to connect.  
    I think that is why I didn't finish the third season of Catastrophe, now that you mention it. I was happy because they started having more episodes with Carrie Fisher, but you're right the characters became more petty and it was difficult to watch.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,295
    My niece and nephew wanted to watch Spaceballs on Christmas Eve.  We made it about 8 minutes and all five of us agreed this is terrible and must end.
    How dare you? That's a great movie
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I fucking LOVED Catastrophe.  And I'm Sorry.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    igotid88 said:
    My niece and nephew wanted to watch Spaceballs on Christmas Eve.  We made it about 8 minutes and all five of us agreed this is terrible and must end.
    How dare you? That's a great movie

Ha.  I'll agree it had its time and place. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I'm Sorry is great! Good call. We need to synchronize our Watchlists. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I thought she was apologizing. That's a TruTV show I believe
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    igotid88 said:
    hedonist said:
    I thought she was apologizing. That's a TruTV show I believe
    I'm Sorry is hilarious.  It is TruTV. 
  • Options
    Yes, TruTV and Netflix. To be fair, you can buy it and stream it on Amazon.
  • Options
    It's funny how people nowadays say things like. " Have you seen that Netflix show 'Friends'? Even for shows that are still on network tv
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    I'm glad I started watching The Expanse. That show has been awesome. I am halfway through season 3 already. I love the characters and the story has been great. It's also always fun to see actors show up that I remember from old shows. Anyone else enjoy playing the game where you try to remember where you have seen that actor before? As a huge fan of The Wire, seeing Fred Johnson played by "Cutty" was a treat. Then trying to recall where I had seen Chrisjen (24) and Jules-Pierre Mao (Lost video tapes guy) before was great too because it was their voices that I remembered the most from shows that I loved over a decade ago. It seems they have recruited a fair share of Lost and 24 actors that had minor or major (Elizabeth Mitchell) roles.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    tbergs said:
    I'm glad I started watching The Expanse. That show has been awesome. I am halfway through season 3 already. I love the characters and the story has been great. It's also always fun to see actors show up that I remember from old shows. Anyone else enjoy playing the game where you try to remember where you have seen that actor before? As a huge fan of The Wire, seeing Fred Johnson played by "Cutty" was a treat. Then trying to recall where I had seen Chrisjen (24) and Jules-Pierre Mao (Lost video tapes guy) before was great too because it was their voices that I remembered the most from shows that I loved over a decade ago. It seems they have recruited a fair share of Lost and 24 actors that had minor or major (Elizabeth Mitchell) roles.
    Yay!  So glad that you’re enjoying the show.  Was planning on doing a re-watch, but decided to do a re-watch of The Americans first.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    tbergs said:
    Yay!  So glad that you’re enjoying the show.  Was planning on doing a re-watch, but decided to do a re-watch of The Americans first.
    The Americans is excellent. Another show I got immersed in that I want to re-watch as well.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Jbarker said:
    What's the deal with the Jack Ryan series. Is it legit or is it over over-the-top cliché action/spy drama.
    I'm almost at the end of the first season. It's definitely over the top clich spy stuff but it is entertaining enough to keep me interested.

Always tough for me to take Jim Halpert seriously in any other role though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Always tough for me to take Jim Halpert seriously in any other role though

I had the same feeling
    series was o.k
    anyone watch Treadstone yet?
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I liked that series
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Fleabag is Amazon, right? I finally got around to watching it (two seasons now), and it is GREAT!!!!! Hilarious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    tbergs said:
    The Expanse is one of the best shows on rn imo. I've started reading the books after the 4th season because I can't get enough of the verse.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Second that on Fleabag - it’s great.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PJ_Soul said:
    Fleabag is Amazon, right? I finally got around to watching it (two seasons now), and it is GREAT!!!!! Hilarious.
    sadly she has no plans to continue the show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    We watched Rob Delaney: Jackie earlier.

If you liked Catastrophe (I loved it), you'll dig this.  I adore how twisted his mind is - add humor to it?  You have my heart.
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    JK_Livin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    sadly she has no plans to continue the show.Hope she reconsiders because its the best show I've watched in a LONG time. 

She's one very talented lady. Also wrote Killing Eve, which is great, and has written the new Bond movie
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    I'm knew to Amazon Prime, but am loving it so far.
    Got it purely to watch Fleabag and smashed both those seasons and LOVED it.

Have watched both Jack Ryan seasons and enjoyed that. I'm a big fan of John Krasinski, so that may have raised my rating, but was definitely a solid series.

Watched the first episode of Homecoming and not sure what to make of it. I normally really enjoy shows that are a bit different or even odd, but this definitely didn't grab me at the first episode. Is it worth continuing?

• Options
    No Coder said:

Have watched both Jack Ryan seasons and enjoyed that. I'm a big fan of John Krasinski, so that may have raised my rating, but was definitely a solid series.

Watched the first episode of Homecoming and not sure what to make of it. I normally really enjoy shows that are a bit different or even odd, but this definitely didn't grab me at the first episode. Is it worth continuing?
    It was an interesting plot and the acting was on point. I enjoyed watching it, but wouldn’t consider it stellar. 

I hope you discover Goliath :)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I'm a prime pre-viewer and homecoming is the only show I gave awful test scores.  I thought it was crap.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    No Coder said:

It was an interesting plot and the acting was on point. I enjoyed watching it, but wouldn’t consider it stellar. 

Thanks for the tip..I'll add Goliath to my list

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    No Coder said:
    hedonist said:
    No Coder said:

Goliath is pretty good.  Really liked the first 2 seasons...season 3 was pretty weird but I still liked it.  Check out Sneaky Pete too...that's my favorite show on Prime Video.  
  • Options
    Tin Star -- especially season one -- was badass.  Lots to see on prime...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,687
    edited February 2020
    where do they go for season 3, if there is one.
    there was 2 years between 1 and 2 I think.

edit, just checked imdb and season 3 this year. but imdb only shows 6 episodes right now? not 10 like the previous 2 seasons. not showing dates either. just 2020......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited February 2020
    No Coder said:
    hedonist said:
    No Coder said:

The Expanse as well if you like great Science Fiction. Also enjoyed Bosch as well. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    where do they go for season 3, if there is one.
    there was 2 years between 1 and 2 I think.

edit, just checked imdb and season 3 this year. but imdb only shows 6 episodes right now? not 10 like the previous 2 seasons. not showing dates either. just 2020......

Have not thought about it much.  Last season was wild -- well, so was the first.
    His character is straight up bonkers.  I like it.