AMAZON PRIME VIDEO STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    I recently watched a short documentary called "The Fourth World" about people around the world that live in absolute squalor. It was very sad to watch. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Gonna take a week trial period to watch the Soundgarden concert. 

Any other things one should take the time to watch? The Boys?
    Not sure what you like, but these are some of my favourite series on amazon.

The Expanse:  seasons 1-3, (season four drops in Amazon in December).  Some of the smartest science fiction I have ever watched.  I’ve put the book series on my Christmas list.

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

Fleabag

Good Omens

American Gods

Just started Jack Ryan and enjoying it.  Started the Man in the High Castle, but life got busy.  Hoping to get back to it.

I hope you find something you like.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The Boys was sweet.  About 10 parts that were over the top/classic.

Also, caught up to current season of Luther.  Not paying for it so will look to watch once it is on Prime for free.
    Watched the first 2 episodes of The Boys last night and loved it.  Not a comic book guy so didn't know anything about it....some funny shit.

Luther is on my list too...have always heard good things about that one.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Wow, late to the show but Goliath is awesome. I think season 3 starts soon also. Just about done season 1
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    erebus said:
    Wow, late to the show but Goliath is awesome. I think season 3 starts soon also. Just about done season 1
    Just finished Season 2 as well. Looking forward to season 3. Thorton is awesome. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The scenes with the Asian hooker are among my favorites.  And that whole fucked up limbless fantasy shitshow.

God I love it.

Can't wait!
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    I may give A Very English Scandal a try.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Season four of The Expanse was released this week.  I streamed all ten episodes over two nights.  If you like smart sci-fi with complicated relationships and factional divisions, this is the show for you.  All four seasons available, And importantly, there is definitely a season five coming.
  • The Patriot Season 1!  You're welcome in advance. If you like Wes Anderson movies, give it a try. 
    Wes Anderson isn't involved with the show. A few of the characters are just kooky individuals and remind me of Wes Anderson characters. 
    Easily, by far, the best two seasons of anything I have seen this decade apart from maybe Breaking Bad.

My manner of speaking has completely changed since I watched that show. It's brilliantly written, and the music is double great.

@OffSheGoes35 and anyone else who is in love with this show, check out the Reddit page for some really fun conversation: https://www.reddit.com/r/patriottv

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Season four of The Expanse was released this week.  I streamed all ten episodes over two nights.  If you like smart sci-fi with complicated relationships and factional divisions, this is the show for you.  All four seasons available, And importantly, there is definitely a season five coming.
    The Expanse is incredible. Season 4 was amazing. It's similar to Game of Thrones, but in space. And the book writers are actually interested in finishing their story. Every season is great. Books 5 and 6 are wild and can't wait to see how they do it on the show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I’m holding off on reading the books until the series finishes.  I am so in love with A Song of Ice and Fire series that I could not watch GoT.  I tried the first season, which I was so excited for, and found that I preferred the books and my own imagination.  
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The Patriot Season 1!  You're welcome in advance. If you like Wes Anderson movies, give it a try. 
    Wes Anderson isn't involved with the show. A few of the characters are just kooky individuals and remind me of Wes Anderson characters. 
    Easily, by far, the best two seasons of anything I have seen this decade apart from maybe Breaking Bad.

My manner of speaking has completely changed since I watched that show. It's brilliantly written, and the music is double great.

@OffSheGoes35 and anyone else who is in love with this show, check out the Reddit page for some really fun conversation: https://www.reddit.com/r/patriottv

I absolutely love this show.  And The Expanse is next on my list!

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The Patriot Season 1!  You're welcome in advance. If you like Wes Anderson movies, give it a try. 

Feel free to leave a lot of recommendations in this thread, you know what you're talking about! And thank you for the Reddit link, it makes me happy to know there are so many fans of this show. That's the way it should be.  B)
  • Lol, cheers! Same for me with finding other fans. PJ and Patriot are the two things I try to get my friends into, so it's great to find someone readymade who likes both those things :lol:  

Not Amazon but I would also recommend Perpetual Grace Ltd by the same guy who created Patriot (Steve Conrad). It's got a lot of the same cast, and there are some neat Easter Egg callbacks to things that happened in Patriot, which are cool.

And for something different, Counterpart on Starz is very well done too.
  • Lol, cheers! Same for me with finding other fans. PJ and Patriot are the two things I try to get my friends into, so it's great to find someone readymade who likes both those things :lol:  

Not Amazon but I would also recommend Perpetual Grace Ltd by the same guy who created Patriot (Steve Conrad). It's got a lot of the same cast, and there are some neat Easter Egg callbacks to things that happened in Patriot, which are cool.

PJ & Patriot.  👍  That is how beautiful friendships are built.

I just started watching the pilot of Perpetual Grace LTD and I've already laughed several times. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I didn't know that this show had the same creator or I would've watched it already!

If you have Hulu, Fargo seasons 1-3 are available for streaming. I love that show. Can't wait for season 4 in 2020! 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Lol, cheers! Same for me with finding other fans. PJ and Patriot are the two things I try to get my friends into, so it's great to find someone readymade who likes both those things :lol:  

PJ & Patriot.  👍  That is how beautiful friendships are built.

I just started watching the pilot of Perpetual Grace LTD and I've already laughed several times. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I didn't know that this show had the same creator or I would've watched it already!

If you have Hulu, Fargo seasons 1-3 are available for streaming. I love that show. Can't wait for season 4 in 2020! 
    Fargo is fantastic! :plus_one:
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The Expanse is incredible. Season 4 was amazing. It's similar to Game of Thrones, but in space. And the book writers are actually interested in finishing their story. Every season is great. Books 5 and 6 are wild and can't wait to see how they do it on the show.
    On to Season 2 of the Expanse now. Great show. Enjoy it a lot. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited December 2019
    Glad to see Season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel out. Through 3 episodes so far. The first two were some of the least funniest, still had great moments, but episode 3 was back in top form. I love the addition of Sterling K. Brown as Shy's manager. He is great.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I'm very late to discovering Mrs Maisel, but
    I've been bingeing on it, I'm loving it! 
    Patriot is quirky, irreverent, laugh out loud funny and heart-breakingly devastating.  Thanks for the recommendation.  It had been in my watchlist for a while.  Glad I was finally able to sit down and watch it.  Wish there were more seasons.
  • Rewatched this yesterday with my mother and brother. NO ONE is as boring as Steven Seagal.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Rewatched this yesterday with my mother and brother. NO ONE is as boring as Steven Seagal.

So what you're saying is you like boring people? Move to the U.S., we can live happily ever after. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Rewatched this yesterday with my mother and brother. NO ONE is as boring as Steven Seagal.

So what you're saying is you like boring people? Move to the U.S., we can live happily ever after. 
    Eric Bogosian is in that one, so I must have watched it at some point.
    I SAW PEARL JAM

My brother wanted to see it because of the nostalgia. We had it on VHS growing up. 

My pick was, BUT WAS VOTED DOWN BY BOTH MY BROTHER AND MY MOTHER:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    The Sheik, documentary about the Iron Sheik wrestler from the WWF heyday of the 80’s
    very interesting if you were into the WWF back in the day
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited December 2019
    My niece and nephew wanted to watch Spaceballs on Christmas Eve.  We made it about 8 minutes and all five of us agreed this is terrible and must end.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    My niece and nephew wanted to watch Spaceballs on Christmas Eve.  We made it about 8 minutes and all five of us agreed this is terrible and must end.

• Patriot is quirky, irreverent, laugh out loud funny and heart-breakingly devastating.  Thanks for the recommendation.  It had been in my watchlist for a while.  Glad I was finally able to sit down and watch it.  Wish there were more seasons.
    Excellent review!!! Have you watched the show Catastrophe? It is also quirky and laugh out loud funny.
    Patriot is quirky, irreverent, laugh out loud funny and heart-breakingly devastating.  Thanks for the recommendation.  It had been in my watchlist for a while.  Glad I was finally able to sit down and watch it.  Wish there were more seasons.
    Excellent review!!! Have you watched the show Catastrophe? It is also quirky and laugh out loud funny.
    I did.  I have mixed feelings about it.  It was very much in the same vein as Patriot, but I found the characters were often mean, petty and selfish.  They were often cruel with their words and actions.  It made it hard for me to care about them.  Characterisations like that are one if the reasons that I never liked the Seinfeld sitcom.

In Patriot the characters, even the seemingly asshole ones, cared about others and made honest attempts to connect.