I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited November 2019
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    1997 DDC Steve Hoffman remaster.  Plastic fantastic!!

The DCC is a GREAT cut of that record. it and the 45rpm MSFL cut are the two to get if you enjoy the record.
    I picked this up for $12 thinking it was a pretty good deal.  Then I checked it out on Discogs for comparison.  Wow!  I guess I did alright, lol!

So between some early Christmas presents, an LP to make my sweetie happy (Charlie Brown), a pre-order, and a great thrift store scores, these happened while the power was off (I will be doing a lot of listening before the next outage!):

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Charlie Brown Christmas is the best!  
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited November 2019
    Probably catch some shit for this one, but whatever....

Garth Brooks - Legacy Collection 

Came with No Fences, The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses, and a triple live set with CD copies of each album. It’s very nicely put together.

When I preordered it was billed as collection that contained the above records in an analog set, remastered set, and a limited edition 180g analog set for $115.00 shipped. I thought bullshit and ordered it. Sure enough, today I received three box sets in the mail today. 

I’m a bit shocked that they were able to sell a package like this for the price. Makes you wonder how much mark-up there actually is in vinyl, and vinyl box sets. Anyways I now have three GB box sets.

:joy: 
    mrussel1 said:
    Charlie Brown Christmas is the best!  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

^I love Sherman's zombie dance!  Thanks for the gif!!  I can't wait for Thanksgiving just so it's time to spin the record.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    1997 DDC Steve Hoffman remaster.  Plastic fantastic!!

The DCC is a GREAT cut of that record. it and the 45rpm MSFL cut are the two to get if you enjoy the record.
    I picked this up for $12 thinking it was a pretty good deal.  Then I checked it out on Discogs for comparison.  Wow!  I guess I did alright, lol!
    GREAT pick up!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Man i need that Replacements.  How is it Brian?
    edited November 2019
    Man i need that Replacements.  How is it Brian?
    Oh man- it's great!  I've always thought Don't Tell a Soul is a great album despite it's 80's glossy production.  In fact, a lot of die-hard 'Mats fans have really slammed that album because of the overly polished production quality.  I can't say that I disagree about some of the production issues, but I've always seen most of the songs as being really fine work and could hear the beauty of them beneath the sheen.

So that takes us to this re-issue with it's new title, Dead Man's Pop, and Matt Wallace's excellent remix.  Wallace was the original producer and this is the album he would have helped the band release had it not been for big label execs who wanted something more "contemporary".  When I sat down and listed to the vinyl version, it was like seeing a great painting that had been covered for years with opaque plastic, revealing the stark beauty beneath.  I was literally in tears while listening to some of the songs. 

There are a few songs here that still don't do much for me- "I Won't" and "Asking Me Lies" and a few that I like in both productions, but the best material here comes through marvelously.  I haven't had time to listen to any of the four CD's yet, but they will at the very least be interesting, no doubt, and the first CD is the same of the LP so I'll have a copy to drive to. 

I was hesitant because of the price- and it is pricey- but hearing this gem the way it was meant to be heard makes every penny worth it for me!

I hope you get a chance to at least here this on, cp3, and maybe even own it some day!
    Post edited by brianlux on

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Cant wait.  Already heard Talent Show and it sounds amazing.  I personally always liked that album but im excited. David Fricke was on SiriusXM today talking about how great the linear notes are
    Cant wait.  Already heard Talent Show and it sounds amazing.  I personally always liked that album but im excited. David Fricke was on SiriusXM today talking about how great the linear notes are
    :plus_one:

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Had a chance to listen to all of Colorado yet?  How do you like it so far?

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Yeah, I've been listening to the NYA stream since it came out, it just takes ages for anything to be delivered to Australia!

I really like Colorado, maybe a little more than I expected to, which is a strange thing for me to say about new Neil. I was a little apprehensive after hearing Rainbow of Colors, but that's really the only weak point on the album (much like 'Children of Destiny' was on The Visitor LP - the first song released was the weakest). There are definitely some great Crazy Horse songs on there, and some really strong lyrics.   
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Yeah, I've been listening to the NYA stream since it came out, it just takes ages for anything to be delivered to Australia!

I really like Colorado, maybe a little more than I expected to, which is a strange thing for me to say about new Neil. I was a little apprehensive after hearing Rainbow of Colors, but that's really the only weak point on the album (much like 'Children of Destiny' was on The Visitor LP - the first song released was the weakest). There are definitely some great Crazy Horse songs on there, and some really strong lyrics.   
    I listened to it again to night.  It seems like different songs stand out for me depending on my mood, the time of day, etc.  Tonight I really got into "Help Me Lose My Mind" (recording at high altitude and legal Colorado weed might have been a factor in that one, haha!), and I really lost myself in the closer, "I Do".

This pre-order from American Laundromat Records arrived today- can't wait to spin it later this evening!

Lots of love for American Laundromat Records and Juliana!

• jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    edited November 2019

A friend picked this up for me at the Austin Record show two weekends ago.
    Pristine condition, LPs look unplayed.
    Was half off on Sunday, 
    Paid $185
    Post edited by jazzbo26 on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^Nice pick up ^^^^

MedozK said:

No kidding.  Is this the collector in you? Or do the B sides have a bunch of stuff not on vinyl?
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

No kidding.  Is this the collector in you? Or do the B sides have a bunch of stuff not on vinyl?
    Its the collector in me. It is a nice set though. Mostly all analog cuts where the tape allowed.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    awaiting delivery but I won an ebay auction for Audioslave "Out of Exile" sealed.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2019
    todays purchase was an excellent copy of The Wall used, Riot Act, Battle of Los Angeles both new  and The Traveling Wilburys Vol 1 used.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    todays purchase was an excellent copy of The Wall used, Riot Act, Battle of Los Angeles both new  and The Traveling Wilburys Vol 1 used.

I bought that TW V1 on one of my quests to hear Harrison and Orbison's voice and I wasn't disappointed.  That guy from ELO has a platinum voice too.

What a fantastic album.
    edited November 2019
    mickeyrat said:

I bought that TW V1 on one of my quests to hear Harrison and Orbison's voice and I wasn't disappointed.  That guy from ELO has a platinum voice too.

What a fantastic album.
    available on Amazon. gonna get Vol 3 soon.... Always dug that collaboration.

and I need to begin the TP&tH collecting....

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

What a fantastic album.

If you haven't started on the TP, you're in for a treat.  He (and his family/band I presume) have done an outstanding job with vinyl.  It is all first rate, with no duds.  The sonics are amazing on everything they have put out in the past ten years.  

Regarding teh Willburys, also a wonderful album.  Did you get an original or a used copy of the remaster from a few years ago?  I have an original and it's great.  I have heard the remaster is spectacular as well.  
    edited November 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

What a fantastic album.

If you haven't started on the TP, you're in for a treat.  He (and his family/band I presume) have done an outstanding job with vinyl.  It is all first rate, with no duds.  The sonics are amazing on everything they have put out in the past ten years.  

Regarding teh Willburys, also a wonderful album.  Did you get an original or a used copy of the remaster from a few years ago?  I have an original and it's great.  I have heard the remaster is spectacular as well.  
    didnt look that close. one of my stores posted a record flip and I saw the title and asked for a hold...

actually sealed new. not a remaster , it doesnt say so. only copyright is from 2007...

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Black Joe Lewis - Backlash 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    PJ Unplugged
    Colonel Les Claypools Flying Frog Brigade (sounds incredibly clean)
    Ben Harper Welcome to the Cruel World 25th
    Blitzen Trapper Furrr 10th anniversay
    Flaming Lips Live at Red Rocks
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652