WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    I've never listened to a podcast. I don't even know how or where to access one.

I don't really have time anyway. Wish I did. I like Marc Maron, and I've heard of other podcasts as being good as well -- Serial comes to mind.

When the kids move out and I ditch the wife 12 years down the line (that is, if she doesn't die on me, or vice versa, in the interim), I'll try to catch up on all the cool stuff that I missed while faking my way through the artificial microcosm of my life. 
    listen here.... on your commute, yard work etc....

Check out "Episode 1066 - Edward Norton" via web: http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/episode-1066-edward-norton

do find it odd you would reply to a thread about a podcast never having listened to  one(which is great in general imo)......

I like to get an idea of what I’m missing. As I said, I like Marc Maron. I read recaps of popular TV series that I can’t seem to find the time to watch, too.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Oh man thanks... I dont feel quite as sheltered or living under a rock knowing that others are skimming the surface of so much media just to get an idea of what is out there ...I am not sure how people manage all the watching and listening let alone finding all the media and I do come here to find stuff that is worthy so thanks for the link...may make time to listen..loved maron's wee series that i found through 10club perusing..
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

I don't really have time anyway. Wish I did. I like Marc Maron, and I've heard of other podcasts as being good as well -- Serial comes to mind.

When the kids move out and I ditch the wife 12 years down the line (that is, if she doesn't die on me, or vice versa, in the interim), I'll try to catch up on all the cool stuff that I missed while faking my way through the artificial microcosm of my life. 

Check out "Episode 1066 - Edward Norton" via web: http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/episode-1066-edward-norton

do find it odd you would reply to a thread about a podcast never having listened to  one(which is great in general imo)......

I like to get an idea of what I’m missing. As I said, I like Marc Marin. I read recaps of popular TV series that I can’t seem to find the time to watch, too.
    fair enough. do try to make time or multitask where possible.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I'm only halfway through the Norton episode, but I'm enjoying it so far. I love the story about him and Brad Pitt before the Fight Club premier. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

I like to get an idea of what I’m missing. As I said, I like Marc Marin. I read recaps of popular TV series that I can’t seem to find the time to watch, too.
    Couldn't even get to the guest.  Just wanted him to go away.  
    Love some podcasts, need to jump right into laughs or interesting stuff and not blahblahblah.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

Love some podcasts, need to jump right into laughs or interesting stuff and not blahblahblah.
    He can take some getting used to and is not for everyone.

I was a little bored with norton and I really like him. That said, one of the only guests who can dominate a convo with Maron lol. Was tough for him to get a word 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Love him in Glow
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Love him in Glow
    Glow is awesome 
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

ffw to around 10 min or so. he can get alittle tedious for me sometimes and I listen every time.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

ffw to around 10 min or so. he can get alittle tedious for me sometimes and I listen every time.
    I enjoy his little intros and outros, hearing about what he is doing in his every day life. It's the same thing that he says in his weekly email blasts, but I still listen. Sometimes he gives some incite to the upcoming talk which is cool. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

I enjoy his little intros and outros, hearing about what he is doing in his every day life. It's the same thing that he says in his weekly email blasts, but I still listen. Sometimes he gives some incite to the upcoming talk which is cool. 
    well, sometimes it reads better than it listens to me.

maybe a 3rd of the time hes annoying in presentation. purposefully being overly neurotic.   caricature of himself. from someone who seems to pride himself on being real.

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

maybe a 3rd of the time hes annoying in presentation. purposefully being overly neurotic.   caricature of himself. from someone who seems to pride himself on being real.
    All very true, but that's Maron. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

All very true, but that's Maron. 
    thankfully his app developers saw fit to add ffw button.....

it gets used on my phone.....

yesterdays episode was good. had never heard of her and after listening and finishing with a song, I'm gonna check her out.

Joan Shelley. worth an exploration.....

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    John Goodman today is a pleasant surprise.
    John Goodman today is a pleasant surprise.
    yes indeed. look forward to listening at work tonight.

Goodman was great....

mickeyrat said:
    Goodman was great....
    I've been wanting this interview for awhile. Looking forward to it! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

hmmm. monologue for the kate nash talk.

pure speculation on my part but it feels like a get.....

Nathan Lane on today.....

mickeyrat said:
    This should be a funny one. 

I enjoyed the Tony Hale episode from last week. I was hoping he would talk more about Arrested Development though but apparently he doesn't remember much from it. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

edited November 2019
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    This should be a funny one. 

I enjoyed the Tony Hale episode from last week. I was hoping he would talk more about Arrested Development though but apparently he doesn't remember much from it. 
    really enjoyed it. they got on well together. lane is a quick wit.
    hale was good too. I can relate to his living in his head so much and missing or not registering good or notable day to day stuff.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Really kinda loved the Tony Hale one. Didn't know he was such a Christian, and I'm not trying to say that in derision. I think he did a great job of steering that conversation from a much more realistic, pragmatic, spiritual point of view.
    edited November 2019
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    you dont say......

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    you dont say......
    For some reason, it doubled my post.

I'm a little behind. Just started Nathan Lane today. I'm about halfway through it. Really enjoying it so far.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

The Brittany Howard talk from last week was great. I was hoping she would play a song afterward though. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Holy Shit!!! PITT AND DICAPRIO on monday......

mickeyrat said:
    Big talk!

Are they in a movie together? It's strange that he's interviewing both at the same time. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Big talk!

Are they in a movie together? It's strange that he's interviewing both at the same time. 
    oh yeah, Tarantino. Once upon a time in Hollywood. late 60s era.....