Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• No
    He's married to a red-headed lawyer, I ain't saying shit! He did good. 
  • ... women ...
    you're going to have to give us a little more to go on than this...or you can always shout some lyrics at me. :wink:

Same shit I believe we talked about in PMs a while back. Nothing new. 

But don't wanna miss a chance to post some lyrics, so...

Getting off this carousel, you can do as you please
    You go to hell, you put my back against the wall
    Well, I'm not gonna fall on my knees, no, not at all
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • No
    ... women ...
    you're going to have to give us a little more to go on than this...or you can always shout some lyrics at me. :wink:

I said "shout lyrics".
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2019
    Yes

Well
    You know you make me wanna (Shout)
    Kick my heels up and (Shout)
    Throw my hands up and (Shout)
    Throw my head back and (Shout)
    Come on now (Shout)

Don't forget to say you will
    Don't forget to say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    (Say you will)
    Say it right now, baby
    (Say you will)
    Come on, come on
    (Say you will)
    Say that you
    (Say you will)
    Come on now

(Say) Say that you love me
    (Say) Say that you need me
    (Say) Say that you want me
    (Say) You wanna please me
    (Say) Come on now
    (Say) Come on now
    (Say) Come on now

(Say) I still remember
    (Shooby-doo-wop-do-wop-wop-wop-wop)
    When you used to be nine years old
    Yeah-yeah!
    I was a fool for you, from the bottom of my soul, yeah
    Now that you've grown, up
    Enough to know, yeah, yeah
    You wanna leave me, you wanna, let me go
    (Shooby-doo-wop-do-wop)

I want you to know
    I said I want you to know right now, yeah
    You been good to me baby
    Better than I been to myself, hey, hey
    An if you ever leave me
    I don't want nobody else, hey, hey
    I said I want you to know-ho-ho-hey
    I said I want you to know right now, hey, hey

You know you make me wanna
    (Shout-wooo) hey-yeah
    (Shout-wooo) yeah-yeah-yeah
    (Shout-wooo) all right
    (Shout-wooo) all right
    (Shout-wooo) come on now
    (Shout) come on now
    (Shout) yeah, yeah, yeah
    (Shout) yeah, yeah, yeah (good sound)
    (Shout) all-alright (good sound)
    (Shout) it's all-alright (good sound)
    (Shout) all-alright (good sound)
    (Shout) all-alright (aah)
    Now wait a minute!
    I feel allright!
    (Yeah-Yeah, Yeah-Yeah!)
    (OOOOOOOOW)
    Now that I got my woman
    I feel allright!
    (Yeah-Yeah, Yeah-Yeah, Yeah-Yeah)
    Every time I think about you
    You been so good to me
    You know you make me wanna
    (Shout-wooo) lift my heels up and
    (Shout-wooo) throw my head back and
    (Shout-wooo) kick my heels up and
    (Shout-wooo) come on now
    (Shout-wooo) take it easy
    (Shout-wooo) take it easy
    (Shout-wooo) take it easy (higher)

(Shout) a little bit softer now (wooo)
    (Shout) a little bit softer now
    (Shout) a little bit louder now
    (Shout) a little bit louder now (ooo)
    (Shout) a little bit louder now (wooo)
    (Shout)
    Hey-Hey-A-Hey
    (Hey-Hey-A-Hey)
    Hey-A-Hey-A
    (Hey-A-Hey-A)
    Hey-A-Hey-A)
    (Hey-A-Hey-A)
    Hey-A-A-Hey)
    (Hey-A-A-Hey)

Jump Now!
    Jump up and shout now (wooo)
    Everybody shout now
    Everybody shout now
    Everybody, shout, shout
    Shout, shout, shout
    Shout, shout, shout
    Shout, shout, shout
    Shout, shout, shout, shout (oh-whoa-yeah)
    Shout, shout, shout, shout (oh yeah)
    Shout, shout, shout, shout
    Everybody shout now (ooo)
    Shout, shout, shout...
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • No
    :lol: Thank you!
  • Definitely on my dance card! Thank you two three four five for the dialogues...in the wee hours of the mourn before the end days into early nights...time change channel...you are...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    There are certainly a whole lot of things to love about the single life.
    What about the loneliness? Not having anyone to share your day with? That part hurts me.
    While I am social, I don't feel loneliness. My own company is very satisfying to me when I'm alone. Frankly, while I never get the opportunity and don't expect to any time soon, I would be pretty pleased to just be completely alone with myself for an extended and uninterrupted period of time, like a kind of true break from other people, lol. But that's just me. Some people get lonely easily, some never feel lonely no matter what, some do, but it takes a whole lot of alone time to feel that way. I think it has a lot to do with disposition.
    That said, I do have people to share my day with. My mom, my sister, my friends, and several of my co-workers, as well as myself via my inner voice. I wear my feelings on my sleeve - I don't "save" my personal life only for someone I'm romantically involved with. So I don't need a romantic partner to feel like I'm sharing what I want to. My experience has been that a lot of unpleasantness can also come with a romantic relationship - they are far from bliss man, and certainly not some kind of pinnacle of human connection in the majority of cases, once you get passed the sexual factor. Being in love can be so great... but being in love romantically isn't generally the end all and be all of existence like the movies would have us believe. And loneliness can most definitely be felt when you're in a romantic relationship, depending on the relationship. Sometimes that can be the deepest loneliness of all. I think sometimes people, you included, might put too much weight on the romantic side of this concept of human connection. I feel like you need someone or some people to be close to, who you feel really safe with to share your true self with and trust to accept you as you are, including your flaws ... That person or those people doesn't necessarily have to be a girlfriend or wife. Perhaps if you're able to open up on that level in friendship, you'd be much better prepared to open up to woman you want a relationship with? Just a thought. You will need to learn how to stop being in your own head so much with other people, and stop projecting so much to find that, maybe.
    I think that you are also at a disadvantage in this context because your family sounds like the shits. Feeling like you're not alone in the world is a feeling that is usually grown from some kind of family support, where the love is unconditional (FYI, there is no such thing as romantic unconditional love). I'm really sorry you can't find that acceptance/love from them like many are lucky to. I'm sure that would remove a big chunk of your sense of loneliness.... But I bet it would help to get the fuck away from them, as so many others have said. I hope you are able to soon!
    Thank you!
    I don't have many friends but my best friend I can always open up to. We chat nearly every day. So it's like a non romantic relationship lol. I believe I have what it takes to be in a relationship. There's just some missing part of the puzzle that I cannot work out. Confidence? Too eager?

Where you said "stop projecting so much to find that"...do you mean projecting loneliness or desperation? To find love?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Yes
    I think when you have the kind of relationship  you do with your  mum . Your soul probably needs mothering. Just  my view. I have  a best friend in a very similar situation. 
    It can make you lonely and search for the close bond you  don't  have .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Yes
    Very true
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    Its all nurture my friend. I have been guilty of searching for this. And also it causes the anxiety
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ... women ...

I said "shout lyrics".
    Correction, "shout some lyrics"

BEST SONG OFF COTN?!

https://youtu.be/rPd-a_NtzS4
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • No
    THAT'S WHAT I'M FUCKING TALKING ABOUT! :rock_on:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What about the loneliness? Not having anyone to share your day with? That part hurts me.
    While I am social, I don't feel loneliness. My own company is very satisfying to me when I'm alone. Frankly, while I never get the opportunity and don't expect to any time soon, I would be pretty pleased to just be completely alone with myself for an extended and uninterrupted period of time, like a kind of true break from other people, lol. But that's just me. Some people get lonely easily, some never feel lonely no matter what, some do, but it takes a whole lot of alone time to feel that way. I think it has a lot to do with disposition.
    That said, I do have people to share my day with. My mom, my sister, my friends, and several of my co-workers, as well as myself via my inner voice. I wear my feelings on my sleeve - I don't "save" my personal life only for someone I'm romantically involved with. So I don't need a romantic partner to feel like I'm sharing what I want to. My experience has been that a lot of unpleasantness can also come with a romantic relationship - they are far from bliss man, and certainly not some kind of pinnacle of human connection in the majority of cases, once you get passed the sexual factor. Being in love can be so great... but being in love romantically isn't generally the end all and be all of existence like the movies would have us believe. And loneliness can most definitely be felt when you're in a romantic relationship, depending on the relationship. Sometimes that can be the deepest loneliness of all. I think sometimes people, you included, might put too much weight on the romantic side of this concept of human connection. I feel like you need someone or some people to be close to, who you feel really safe with to share your true self with and trust to accept you as you are, including your flaws ... That person or those people doesn't necessarily have to be a girlfriend or wife. Perhaps if you're able to open up on that level in friendship, you'd be much better prepared to open up to woman you want a relationship with? Just a thought. You will need to learn how to stop being in your own head so much with other people, and stop projecting so much to find that, maybe.
    I think that you are also at a disadvantage in this context because your family sounds like the shits. Feeling like you're not alone in the world is a feeling that is usually grown from some kind of family support, where the love is unconditional (FYI, there is no such thing as romantic unconditional love). I'm really sorry you can't find that acceptance/love from them like many are lucky to. I'm sure that would remove a big chunk of your sense of loneliness.... But I bet it would help to get the fuck away from them, as so many others have said. I hope you are able to soon!
    Thank you!
    I don't have many friends but my best friend I can always open up to. We chat nearly every day. So it's like a non romantic relationship lol. I believe I have what it takes to be in a relationship. There's just some missing part of the puzzle that I cannot work out. Confidence? Too eager?

Where you said "stop projecting so much to find that"...do you mean projecting loneliness or desperation? To find love?
    I'm glad you do have that person! 

By projecting I meant that you seem to project your own fears and thoughts and feelings and self-consciousness onto women you could be interested in, which leads to you always feeling like they are basing their actions and feelings on how they feel about you much more than is really the case, which in turn makes you worry about it and overthink it even more, and it's a cycle that ultimately sabotages any possibility of developing a friendship or more with these women.... (sorry - just trying to be honest and clear, not trying to criticize!). It just goes back to what so many have said and what you already know - you're too much in your own head when it comes to the women you meet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    once you embrace who you are, you will be happy whether you are single or not. making the right choice for yourself is all that matters. I was in a shit relationship for 5 years in my early 20's. My confidence was in the toilet, even though I didn't know it at the time. my parents of all people opened my eyes to it. it still took me some time to end the relationship, but it happened. slowly over 2 years I became a confident, emotionally healthy person. 

it was only then that I started RELISHING being alone. prior to that, I always needed to be around people, never missing out, all that shit. 

During those 2 years I couldn't give two shits if I had a g/f or not (and I've never been the one night stand type-so there was one negative to it-LOL). a couple fell in my lap, but for the first time in my life, I was confident enough in what I wanted, to end it, even though nothing else was on the horizon. life is too short to waste time being with people you don't like, and also for not liking yourself. 

YOU WILL NEVER FIND A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP IF YOU AREN'T EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY YOURSELF. So first thing's first: stop trying to find a woman. work on yourself. then surprising things can happen. by that point, you just may not give a shit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    ^^^ That last paragraph is excellent advice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thank you!

I'm glad you do have that person! 

By projecting I meant that you seem to project your own fears and thoughts and feelings and self-consciousness onto women you could be interested in, which leads to you always feeling like they are basing their actions and feelings on how they feel about you much more than is really the case, which in turn makes you worry about it and overthink it even more, and it's a cycle that ultimately sabotages any possibility of developing a friendship or more with these women.... (sorry - just trying to be honest and clear, not trying to criticize!). It just goes back to what so many have said and what you already know - you're too much in your own head when it comes to the women you meet.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I agree with that and do not feel offended so no need to say sorry.
    And yes, I am very glad and grateful to have him. Little things like him sending me a message yesterday to ask how my back is (I have lower back pain and it caused me to have to sit down during his band's gig on Friday night) means a lot. And him calling me 'uncle M' to his 8 month old daughter means the world. We go way back and the thought of me losing him in whatever way frightens me.
    Yes
    once you embrace who you are, you will be happy whether you are single or not. making the right choice for yourself is all that matters. I was in a shit relationship for 5 years in my early 20's. My confidence was in the toilet, even though I didn't know it at the time. my parents of all people opened my eyes to it. it still took me some time to end the relationship, but it happened. slowly over 2 years I became a confident, emotionally healthy person. 

it was only then that I started RELISHING being alone. prior to that, I always needed to be around people, never missing out, all that shit. 

During those 2 years I couldn't give two shits if I had a g/f or not (and I've never been the one night stand type-so there was one negative to it-LOL). a couple fell in my lap, but for the first time in my life, I was confident enough in what I wanted, to end it, even though nothing else was on the horizon. life is too short to waste time being with people you don't like, and also for not liking yourself. 

YOU WILL NEVER FIND A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP IF YOU AREN'T EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY YOURSELF. So first thing's first: stop trying to find a woman. work on yourself. then surprising things can happen. by that point, you just may not give a shit. 
    Thank you Hugh. 
  • SHE’S GOT DIRTY DISHES ON HER BRAIN
  • Going to the same ad campaign awards show as Agnes later in November. Will be fun.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    @Spiritual_Chaos@JPPJ84

You have been nominated to be a real life couple... 
    https://youtu.be/ySmqm2Iik48

Don't disappoint us dammit.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos@JPPJ84

You have been nominated to be a real life couple... 
    https://youtu.be/ySmqm2Iik48

Don't disappoint us dammit.
    :lol: Good to see you back! does S_C look particularly happy here though? ;)

No
    For S_C,he looks fu$%ing ecstatic! I finally got it right this time. :triumph:

:smiley:
    For S_C,he looks fu$%ing ecstatic! I finally got it right this time. :triumph:

:smiley:
    It would never work. I’m a PJ girl. He doesn’t share PJ ;)
    No
    He looks so casual and relaxed in that photo. Seriously J, I'm impressed...but I will pretend like I'm not patting myself on the back right now. :wink: 
    He looks so casual and relaxed in that photo. Seriously J, I'm impressed...but I will pretend like I'm not patting myself on the back right now. :wink: 
    That’s all down to Eddie and Glen serenading us for two hours ;)
    hope you’re doing good in all this mess!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited March 2020
    In a heartbeat.

But all signs point to Pearl Jam scrapping their upcoming European tour just to keep us a part.

Opening my mouth about their pisspoor communication regarding the fanclub singles is biting me in the ass. I knew it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    :heart::lol: 
    one day we’ll meet again! 
    No

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024