Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Thanks, @pearljammr78! We were doing an Alaskan cruise which just happened to get back a few days before the Gorge, so I thought, why not? Never again, logistically speaking, but had to see what all the fuss was about.
    I live on the east coast, and it seems like so much work to get to the Gorge.  I don't know if I will ever make it because of the long flight, and then drive that is just as long.  Throw in the barren desert, lacking amenities, and it just seems daunting.  I'm sure once you're in, it's awesome.  
  • Had we not been in Seattle already, I never would've considered it. But the car rental price wasn't too bad, and the drive was beautiful. Got to stop at the Double R Diner for cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee, not to mention stopping for hikes along the way. The view from Rattlesnake Ledge was worth the 2 miles up. But yeah, this was a once in a lifetime thing for me. There are some that trek it every year but I like to switch my vacations up. That's why I'm done with PJ at Wrigley, done it enough times. Maybe Boston if they keep with they stadium tours? Might drive to DC next summer as a family trip. I want to check out the spy museum and then we're close to Philly so I can run the Rocky steps. And I just got way off topic...
  • Back on topic, what's a good site for AUD recordings? I've been spoiled by too many "official" bootlegs, that I am out of touch with these sites. I checked DIME and not much there for DMB. Was looking for the Gorge shows since they might only officially release one if any as a Live Trax someday.
    Back on topic, what's a good site for AUD recordings? I've been spoiled by too many "official" bootlegs, that I am out of touch with these sites. I checked DIME and not much there for DMB. Was looking for the Gorge shows since they might only officially release one if any as a Live Trax someday.
    antsmarching.org.  The tapers up things there first and foremost.  No seed ratio required.  If you need something and can't get a membership, I can grab for you.  

I drove through Gorge last summer on the way from Seattle to Missoula as part of the road trip.  It was at that moment that I realized I would probably never make a DMB weekend there.  Now if they do another weekend at Red Rocks, I'm all over that.  

DC family trip is great.  That's my neck of the woods.  If you can do it in spring or fall before the heat and summer vacations, you will have much less stress.  The Mall and museums are very crowded in the summer.  
    Just checked, all three Gorge are posted. 
  • Thanks for that link, I'll check it out later. My wife goes to DC for work every June (this year they made them go in July and she said it was miserable so they'll stick with June) so free hotel! And if we drive, they'll reimburse her the cost of a plane ticket, so pretty much free gas. Just need to avoid tolls. And from what I've heard, pretty much every museum is free there.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2019
    This just posted on YouTube.  Dave & Stefan on the side stage of H.O.R.D.E festival in 1995 before Crash. Supposed to be the debut of Crash Into Me.

If this had already been posted, sorry for redundancy. 

It's about a 20 minute set,  choppy at times. 

https://youtu.be/WETHpl2ffWI

Post edited by njnancy on
    Vote  for DMB and Soundgarden for Rock HOF!!  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rock+Hall+Fan+Vote
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mrussel1 said:
    Vote  for DMB and Soundgarden for Rock HOF!!  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rock+Hall+Fan+Vote
    Really deep class this year but DMB is an easy call. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Might not be a popular opinion, but I don't think it's cool for DMB (or any band) to send a mass email to fans, telling them to vote daily for RNRHOF. I don't know why, just doesn't seem very rock & roll to me.
    edited October 2019
    Might not be a popular opinion, but I don't think it's cool for DMB (or any band) to send a mass email to fans, telling them to vote daily for RNRHOF. I don't know why, just doesn't seem very rock & roll to me.
    I can see that. But, the fan vote ends up meaning so little. Emails and/or social media posts urging fans to vote is basically just stewardship and advertising. It's an easy way to keep your fans engaged and involved.  

EDIT: And to your point...none of that seems very rock & roll. 

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    What’s worse. An email for fans to vote for a much deserving band like DMB or an email that peddles merch once a month. 

How about just sending emails for important things like shows or album releases. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    What’s worse. An email for fans to vote for a much deserving band like DMB or an email that peddles merch once a month. 

How about just sending emails for important things like shows or album releases. 
    I have no problems with any of the emails.  They run pretty good specials a few times a year.  Please everything is generally cheaper than PJ.  I picked up a handful of five dollar shirts and glasses. 

They do have good sales, I'll give them that. I got a few shirts and coffee mugs for $5 apiece Cinco de Mayo I think it was? Before that was probably BF, and all deals stack with the WH discount.
    Ok now I keep getting the "vote" email.  Maybe it's getting over the top. 
    I only need the last 2 Live Trax from this weekend's sale, but that's not enough for free shipping. Maybe I wait until next year when I need more of them? It's not like there's not enough live Dave to go around.
    I think I might put in for the intimate Vegas show. Chances are slim, but if I win, that's a sign to get out of town for the weekend.
    Wow, that is a small venue.  Looks beautiful too, sort of like Brooklyn Bowl without the lanes.  I might put in too.  WTF.  
    If I see you there, I'll buy you a drink.
    If I see you there, I'll buy you a drink.
    You're on.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    They get fragged here as much as Creed, could never figure out the hate for them.  Hell cant figure out all the hate for Creed either, so what if they we corprate genetic wannabees.  If you dont like them dont listen, there is no need to tear them (either band) down out of spite, just immature and petty
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I’ve always suspected, but it’s nice to confirm that the fan vote for RnR HOF is worthless.
    DMB not going in is a ridiculous omission. Many artists are deserving, I get that, but these guys have been together, making music, and touring every year for decades. Not a lot of other bands can say that. 

They sold the most tickets from 2000-2010.  They have nine straight #1 albums.. NINE!  No one else has that.  It is utterly stupid.  And they continue to sell out arenas and ampitheaters every single summer, not when they do some reunion tour 20 years later.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited January 2020
    All the artists are worthy. And I’m not bent outta shape that DMB didn’t get it, happens to a few artists I enjoy every year. It just shows how silly the fan vote is. They are the first band to win the fan vote and not get in. It proves it’s a pointless thing. 
    It really is worthless. The "experts" who decide the artists that get in shouldn't be deciding anything. I like Howard Stern's stance on it. He says he throws away his ballot every year because who the fuck is he to say who should or shouldn't get in.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    It's rare for a band to get in on their first year of eligibility.  They'll get in eventually.  Probably.  I'm a fan, but I didn't think they'd get in, and was pretty annoyed at how much their social media pushed the voting.
    Yeah, maybe the social media push did work against them. But it shouldn't because it was all free publicity for RRHOF.

I was very vocal early on about their constant begging for us to vote daily, and was chastised for it. I had to snooze my DMB fb groups because that's all it was there, too. Not that I care what other people think, but everyone going crazy about the fan vote which counts for one-tenth of a percent was quite annoying.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Think about this. Soundgarden, DMB were overlooked for T Rex and Notorious BIG. I love BIG but he put out three albums if you count the double album as two. And that double album is a lot of filler. Plus any inclusion of P Diddy on the album is a huge strike against. One of the best singers and bands in Soundgarden and the powerhouse and consistent band that DMB is. No Maiden? Pathetic as always. Shame on the Rock Hall. 🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.