Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I wouldnt give 2 firsts for anyone who is not a quarterback.

Getting those spry young players on 4 and 5 year cheap ELCs is very important.  Especially when $has been committed to the QB
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    if you can get two 1sts for a defensive player you do it every time.  Mack, Ramsey.  It doesnt matter how good they are at their position. 

The rules favor the offense so heavily.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Well after QB, the 2 most important positions on a team these days are a pass rushing DE and a shut down corner, so Mack & Ramsey.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    What's funny is that the Rams traded away a pretty good CB in Marcus Peters, supposedly due to his locker room presence.  Ramsey is an upgrade from Peters, but they give up a lot of draft capital to do so.  Peters was more of a risk taker and a play maker, where Ramsey is truly a shutdown corner.  However, Ramsey comes with his own baggage just like Peters did. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    I read that Peters was struggling bigly this season playing man and as a result the Rams were playing a ton of zone (like 3rd most in the league) and that is completely counter to how Wade Phillips likes to play D.
    Ramsey on the other hand excels at man, Ramsey & Phillips will supposedly love working with one another, scheme wise at least.
  • Options
    The thing about Peters is that he gives up a lot of big plays.  He'll typically be in the league leaders in interceptions, but he'll also get toasted as much as anyone.  I have no love lost for the guy, being my team drafted him.  He shies away from contact and quit on the Chiefs in a game in 2017.  Good luck to the Ravens dealing with that headache.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    if you can get two 1sts for a defensive player you do it every time.  Mack, Ramsey.  It doesnt matter how good they are at their position. 

Agree on Ramsey but disagree on Mack.  Obviously I have a bias since he's on the Bears but to get an elite pass rusher like that is so rare and he has been worth everything they gave up for him.    Bears D went from being pretty good to best in the league last year because of his presence.  A guy like that makes the whole defense better while a guy like Ramsey will just shut down 1 guy.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Agree on Ramsey but disagree on Mack.  Obviously I have a bias since he's on the Bears but to get an elite pass rusher like that is so rare and he has been worth everything they gave up for him.    Bears D went from being pretty good to best in the league last year because of his presence.  A guy like that makes the whole defense better while a guy like Ramsey will just shut down 1 guy.
    I agree as well. Watching what happened to the Steelers defense after the Ryan Shazier got injured to where they are heading now after drafting Devin Bush.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Mack is an absolute game wrecker.  I wouldn't place the premium on any elite edge rusher, but a generational talent like Mack I might.  There are certainly other cases like Lawrence Taylor, who won an MVP as a defensive player in 1986.  I would consider paying a kings ransom for someone like that on the defensive side.
  • Options

Conversely you could argue that a guy like Ramsey can shut down the #1 guy (for example Julio Jones or Tyreek Hill), allowing extra coverage on the rest of the eligible receivers and forcing a QB to hold the ball longer allowing the Macks of the world a couple extra seconds to get to the QB.
    They are the 2 premium positions on defense in today's NFL. Each has tremendous value if they are in fact one of the top guys in the league at their position. 
    The Patriots don't have a Khalil Mack type pass rusher, but they have a shutdown corner in Stephon Gilmore and a very solid secondary, they are currently 2nd in the NFL with 25 sacks thru 6 games. Many of them are because the QB has had no place to throw the ball and the O-Line eventually just can't hold up.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Thee Broncos are trash
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Flacco & the O Line need some Tegrity Weed & a bottle of whiskey

man was that even football?

hope Mahomes not too serious
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Great Googley Moogley!
  • Options
    I will be on pins and needles tomorrow awaiting the MRI.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Big Rape.
    :look_at_the_time:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I will be on pins and needles tomorrow awaiting the MRI.
    Best case scenario with a patella dislocation is the ligaments were stretched but no tears.
    They are saying 3 weeks if that's the case...its realistically going to be more like 5-6. If there's any tears, he's done for the season unless they are very minor.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Will suck if PM is out for significant time.  He is a really fun part of NFL right now.
  • Options
    At this point he should basically be the face of the league, so if he's out for the season that really hurts.
    Been a tough year for QBs so far.
  • Options
    Big Rape?  That's classy.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,197
    Poncier said:
    At this point he should basically be the face of the league, so if he's out for the season that really hurts.
    if he is out for the year the AFC goes from bad to absolute shit outside of New England.  And when Brady get hurts it will be a full on shit show in the AFC
  • Options
    Patrick Mahomes is literally almost too good to be true for me.  I've waited through the Bono, Grbac, Green, Huard, Croyle, Cassel, Palko, Orton, Quinn, Smith eras for someone as special as him.  I really hope he comes back this year and the Chiefs still have a legitimate shot of winning the AFC West.
  • Options
    Patrick Mahomes is literally almost too good to be true for me.  I've waited through the Bono era.

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    if he is out for the year the AFC goes from bad to absolute shit outside of New England.  And when Brady get hurts it will be a full on shit show in the AFC
    Pats still roll, with or without TB12. Relentless D and #4. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Patrick Mahomes is literally almost too good to be true for me.  I've waited through the Bono, Grbac, Green, Huard, Croyle, Cassel, Palko, Orton, Quinn, Smith eras for someone as special as him.  I really hope he comes back this year and the Chiefs still have a legitimate shot of winning the AFC West.

He's going to need surgery either way.  I've done the same thing to my knee multiple times and it didn't feel right until I had the surgery to repair the MPFL ligament that gets torn when the kneecap dislocates.  And that was just me some regular guy in day to day life....not an NFL QB who is always running.  Obviously he's going to want to come back but the smart move would prob be to have the surgery and look to the long term.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    Pats still roll, with or without TB12. Relentless D and #4. 
    I love your relentless fandom, but this made me laugh out loud.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Hope my Raiders can run through Green Bay
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Patrick Mahomes is literally almost too good to be true for me.  I've waited through the Bono era.

Ha, or you could go in this direction.

• Options

• Options
    That's fast, was supposed to be having the MRI 15 minutes ago.
    Schefter must have been inside the tube with him