I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    FR181798 said:
    Was planning on buying the Nirvana Unplugged 2LP reissue today but just too expensive. Colored version is $35 plus shipping to UK. Nothing wrong with my 1st white vinyl press but would have liked to add it to the collectiom.
    The pressing I have is one of my best-sounding records. No reason to get another version for me.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Peeps, it's happening!!! Vinyl Me, Please November record of the month! 

You have to commit to a 3 month subscription, but can swap out monthly records as you want. October's is a beautiful looking reissue of The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin". Pretty much a no brainer when these are two of the three I'm committing to!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,604
    DC29940 said:

You have to commit to a 3 month subscription, but can swap out monthly records as you want. October's is a beautiful looking reissue of The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin". Pretty much a no brainer when these are two of the three I'm committing to!
    Jesus.. a Chris Bellman cut of that record.  It will be glorious.  I'm not sure I will sign up though.  
    Did you get the email for the preorder of the Desert Sessions?  I thought Grohl was supposed to be part, but he was nowhere in the credits.
    Now I see they have a colored Desert Sessions coming.   I guess I have to join now.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    SFTD!!! Nice!!! Really cool record club if they’d sprinkle in a w more we’ll known cut here and there. It’s cool to branch out but I don’t want something I’ve never heard every month. The Big Bill Broonzy package was a fun one. 

Always excited to see the art print and cocktail recipe. Should be especially fun with the QOTSA.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! said:
    Type your comme
    Does this exist on vinyl?
    Lol, oops. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! said:
    Type your comme
    Does this exist on vinyl?
    I wish
    +1

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

50th anniversary that came out today.  My last version,  I think 2013, has left channel distortion on side B. I hope this is clean. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    My latest obsession expanded... remastered Dream Syndicate package: The Days of Wine and Roses plus the 4 song EP plus Steve Wynn pre- DS single.  Sweet! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    DC29940 said:

Holy shit! Awesome! I have a legit OG of this that i found at A1 in NYC for 40$ but it's fairly beat copy and will definitely sign up for this.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

Jesus.. a Chris Bellman cut of that record.  It will be glorious.  I'm not sure I will sign up though.  
    Did you get the email for the preorder of the Desert Sessions?  I thought Grohl was supposed to be part, but he was nowhere in the credits.
    Can someone explain this to me like I’m an idiot? I definitely want this SFTD. What can I do to not get stuck with these other 2 records?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

Can someone explain this to me like I’m an idiot? I definitely want this SFTD. What can I do to not get stuck with these other 2 records?
    You’re stuck with 2 other records, regardless. You can swap out the 2 other records for what is available in the VMP shop, but unless you find something available you’re interested, you’ll just have to accept the 2 other records (or sell them on eBay).
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

You’re stuck with 2 other records, regardless. You can swap out the 2 other records for what is available in the VMP shop, but unless you find something available you’re interested, you’ll just have to accept the 2 other records (or sell them on eBay).
    It seems like there are three categories of music. One is jazz/ blues.  Can you cross over and select from there?  There's plenty of jazz I'd like to add to my collection. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

It seems like there are three categories of music. One is jazz/ blues.  Can you cross over and select from there?  There's plenty of jazz I'd like to add to my collection. 
    To get songs for the deaf you would have to pick the essentials (3 month subscription) you can pick categories like jazz but if you want QOTSA you would have to add on to that.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Regarding SFTD:

From the email I received from QOTSA:

Additional vinyl options will be made available and announced shortly. 

Hobbes said:
    Regarding SFTD:

Regarding desert session or songs?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    mrussel1 said:
    Hobbes said:
    Regarding SFTD:

Regarding desert session or songs?
    Songs For the Deaf
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Black Keys Brothers cut by CB 45

Tweedy Sukierae cut by CB 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2019
    mrussel1 said:

50th anniversary that came out today.  My last version,  I think 2013, has left channel distortion on side B. I hope this is clean. 
    The remix is nice, but the best cut of this album is the original UK -2 / -1 cut. If you don’t have it, and are a fan of the album... it’s a must find.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

The remix is nice, but the best cut of this album is the original UK -2 / -1 cut. If you don’t have it, and are a fan of the album... it’s a must find.
    Do yo have a discogs number for it by chance?
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Do yo have a discogs number for it by chance?
    There are different pressings of it, some are more expensive because they have the first print cover with the drain showing in the street. Others have labels that include Her Majesty while earlier ones don’t.... but the key is to have the etchings below in the runout.

Side A: YEX 749-2
    Side B: YEX 750-1

You could probably search for those on Discogs and find a few links. I’d pay up for a clean copy VG+ or better if you can find one that’s NM / Excellent... get it.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    DC29940 said:

Nice variety, great stuff there, DC!

If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to check out the documentary, "Big Star; Nothing Can Hurt Me".  Really well done!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• DC29940 said:

I don't wanna support abusing 15 year olds -- but that Eagles live is great. Guessing much of it is rerecorded in studio like KISS alive?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited October 2019
    Swung by the record store and browsed the used bins. I was in a nostalgic pop kinda mood!

I got this one for $0.50 out of the <$1 bin for some reason (sans signature obviously) - feels like they mispriced it. No big scratches or anything like that. Just a little crackly and I haven't even run it through the spin clean yet. I'm so glad I didn't buy the new reissue like I had planned to.

Can't wait to play this when my same-age girlfriends come over; super nostalgia sing-a-long record, lol.

I now have all of MJ's great albums (the first 3), which means my MJ collection is complete.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Great score on the Stranger!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
     Few things from this past weekend.
    Big Star, #1 Record.  Way over due to have this one:

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,875
    I won a test pressing of the Goo Goo Dolls new album at one of my local record stores last week. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    PJ_Soul said:
    Swung by the record store and browsed the used bins. I was in a nostalgic pop kinda mood!

I got this one for $0.50 out of the <$1 bin for some reason (sans signature obviously) - feels like they mispriced it. No big scratches or anything like that. Just a little crackly and I haven't even run it through the spin clean yet. I'm so glad I didn't buy the new reissue like I had planned to.

I still need to open up Billy Joel: Live at Carnegie Hall ‘77.  Picked it up on RSD.