I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1629630631632633635»

Comments

• Loujoe said:
    pretty darn good. 49 cent find
    Oh hell yeah!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    mrussel1 said:
    I've been hoping this got a vinyl treatment for 20 years.  I had no hope.  But then it just hits,  and mastered by Bernie Grundman no less.  Couldn't be happier!

That's a great set, for sure.  I always loved it that this band came from a small town in western New York State (Jamestown) that I lived near for a couple of years in the mid to late 70s (two separate years, and I moved back to my home state of California both times).  I've often wished they had formed earlier or I had lives there later and caught them in their early days.  I've also always wished either Natalie Merchant had stayed with them or they had changes the band's name when she left.  It's just not the same group now.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460
    edited September 14
    Loujoe said:
    pretty darn good. 49 cent find
    I love this recording! Been meaning to grab the  Analogue Productions pressing of this for a while now.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I've been hoping this got a vinyl treatment for 20 years.  I had no hope.  But then it just hits,  and mastered by Bernie Grundman no less.  Couldn't be happier!

That's a great set, for sure.  I always loved it that this band came from a small town in western New York State (Jamestown) that I lived near for a couple of years in the mid to late 70s (two separate years, and I moved back to my home state of California both times).  I've often wished they had formed earlier or I had lives there later and caught them in their early days.  I've also always wished either Natalie Merchant had stayed with them or they had changes the band's name when she left.  It's just not the same group now.
    It's not the same and the lead guitarist died of alcoholism in 2000, so it's been a long time since it was these 10k.  I'm not the most sensitive guy in teh world, but any that I have I owe to my love of her in my formative years.  She was the first musician that sang to social causes that I really absorbed.   I love her to this day.  
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's not the same and the lead guitarist died of alcoholism in 2000, so it's been a long time since it was these 10k.  I'm not the most sensitive guy in teh world, but any that I have I owe to my love of her in my formative years.  She was the first musician that sang to social causes that I really absorbed.   I love her to this day.  

Very cool, M.  Such a fine human being she is!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Steve Wynn's new solo LP (with help from a lot of great musicians!) is amazing!  I just love it!

Steve Wynn – Make It Right

Primary
    Label:Fire Records – FIRELP763
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Clear
    Released:2024
    Genre:Rock, Blues, Pop, Folk, World, & Country

• DC29940DC29940 Posts: 661
    brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:

Nice looking copy of Murmur!  OG, reissue?  Such a great album!
    Thanks! Reissue. Sounds great. Been on my wishlist for a long time as it was the last R.E.M. studio album I needed to complete their discography but had been out of stock everywhere. Now to carve out some time to do a full discography listen.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:
    brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:

Nice looking copy of Murmur!  OG, reissue?  Such a great album!
    Thanks! Reissue. Sounds great. Been on my wishlist for a long time as it was the last R.E.M. studio album I needed to complete their discography but had been out of stock everywhere. Now to carve out some time to do a full discography listen.

Great plan!  :plus_one: