2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    rey said:

Not a rumor, just a thought...………..how awesome would it be if the entire band joined Ed at Ohana this year to test drive a few of the new songs??  Probably too soon for that, but just something that crossed my mind.

Carry on with the discussion about stadium shows vs. arena shows.

I think this trumps the stadium vs Arena discussion. Tbh it makes perfect sense! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • kaw753 said:
    JimmyV said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    I was at both Fenway shows last year, and while they were good shows, the curfew really made it tough. It didn't help that they didn't come on stage either night until almost 8pm, so songs had to be cut out of the setlist to make the 10:30pm curfew. The sound was great, but for the curfew alone, I'd prefer an arena over Fenway anyday.
    Fair, although the band could have and should have gone on earlier. 
    I was at a Springsteen show in the suburbs of Prague at a football stadium that had a hard 10pm curfew. We wandered out on stage at 6:30pm and played a 30 minute acoustic set as a warm up. 
    What? We wandered out in stage? Are you Bruce Springsteen?
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    The more and more i see people say if it's a stadium tour than they won't come to my city (philly) the more I hope it's a stadium tour. Stay out, make it easier for me to get tickets. I know you won't though. (Don't mean to sound like a dick, kinda joking, kinda not)

Seriously though, enjoy the tour and shows we get. Stop crying. Life is too short to cry about something you have no control over nor something that hasn't even been announced or confirmed!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    hihobibo said:
    No, the difference here, is that for the united center, I can leave my house (or work) at 630 pm and be in the Arena by 7pm.  

For me to GET to Wrigley, it takes multiple hours, with multiple forms of transport. 

Look at it this way....A day at the UC means I leave the house by 630 and I am home by 11:30-12. (Depending on when they end)
    A day at Wrigley means I leave my house by 3:30-4, and get home by 2am.  

Which...isnt a huge deal on a saturday, but sucks for a monday.   And either way...it sucks when trying to arrange a sitter. 

And in the end.....I have to deal with a much larger crowd at Wrigley vs the UC.  And I just like Arena shows better to boot. 
    The problem is you're complaining about having to transport yourself across the same city, when most of the fans posting on this board aren't even lucky enough to have PJ play the city they live in.  Many fans have to cross continents/states/provinces/countries to go see a show, and all you've got to do is spend a few hours getting across town.

sigh....   I'll never be lucky enough to have PJ play here.  If they played this Island, even the top of it, that's a 6 hour drive away. I'd be there.  Pearl Jam live in Port Hardy!  yah! :)
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    edited September 2019
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:
    No, the difference here, is that for the united center, I can leave my house (or work) at 630 pm and be in the Arena by 7pm.  

For me to GET to Wrigley, it takes multiple hours, with multiple forms of transport. 

Look at it this way....A day at the UC means I leave the house by 630 and I am home by 11:30-12. (Depending on when they end)

Which...isnt a huge deal on a saturday, but sucks for a monday.   And either way...it sucks when trying to arrange a sitter. 

And in the end.....I have to deal with a much larger crowd at Wrigley vs the UC.  And I just like Arena shows better to boot. 
    The problem is you're complaining about having to transport yourself across the same city, when most of the fans posting on this board aren't even lucky enough to have PJ play the city they live in.  Many fans have to cross continents/states/provinces/countries to go see a show, and all you've got to do is spend a few hours getting across town.

sigh....   I'll never be lucky enough to have PJ play here.  If they played this Island, even the top of it, that's a 6 hour drive away. I'd be there.  Pearl Jam live in Port Hardy!  yah! :)
    Port Hardy sounds good, caught a ferry out of there in June. Please hit the Langley Events Center on the same tour lol.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Please play a TenClub show at The Enmore in Sydney a night either side of a stadium show. 
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Tanglewood

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Dimi -- should we be spending all this time debating ballpark shows vs arena shows?
     have your fun guys..i dont post anything..not giving to  alternativenation something to use by quote me from here again 
    the only thing i have to say about the whole,be happy to what u get when u get it...be thankfull the band is still playing shows..
    australia wait 6 years now,asia 16years,south africa never saw them live ..etc..if they tour in your country,state or u can travel,go see the show..
    shows to whatever venue,is better than no shows at all.
    I hope I am not reading between the lines and you are saying that this is may be a farewell tour. This ties in with your previous hints that it will be an mind blower, and to save up your money now.
    Every tour could be a farewell tour.

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    edited September 2019
    hihobibo said:
    Dimi -- should we be spending all this time debating ballpark shows vs arena shows?
     have your fun guys..i dont post anything..not giving to  alternativenation something to use by quote me from here again 
    the only thing i have to say about the whole,be happy to what u get when u get it...be thankfull the band is still playing shows..
    australia wait 6 years now,asia 16years,south africa never saw them live ..etc..if they tour in your country,state or u can travel,go see the show..
    shows to whatever venue,is better than no shows at all.
    I hope I am not reading between the lines and you are saying that this is may be a farewell tour. This ties in with your previous hints that it will be an mind blower, and to save up your money now.
    I saw the statement as...stop whining and enjoy the ride. Be greatful for shows full stop, who cares where they play. I don’t think anyone in Australia will care where they play. 2009 was the last ‘proper’ tour so I’ll sit on the stadium roof if I have too! 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JM144705 said:
    The more and more i see people say if it's a stadium tour than they won't come to my city (philly) the more I hope it's a stadium tour. Stay out, make it easier for me to get tickets. I know you won't though. (Don't mean to sound like a dick, kinda joking, kinda not)

Seriously though, enjoy the tour and shows we get. Stop crying. Life is too short to cry about something you have no control over nor something that hasn't even been announced or confirmed!

You know it will never be easy to get tickets as long as they charge half what the other major in demand artists charge and they nearly guarantee the best seats to the same people year after year for the same cost as nosebleeds ;)
  • JimmyV said:
    Tanglewood
    Club Baby Head.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Harborlights

• rey said:

Not a rumor, just a thought...………..how awesome would it be if the entire band joined Ed at Ohana this year to test drive a few of the new songs??  Probably too soon for that, but just something that crossed my mind.

Carry on with the discussion about stadium shows vs. arena shows.

I think this trumps the stadium vs Arena discussion. Tbh it makes perfect sense! 
    I don’t think this will happen.  It would find a way to leak, and the already sold out site would be overrun by people without tickets resulting in chaos.  There’s no way they’d risk the liability of that.

That being said, I could envision one other band member appearing for a song or two, a la Matt Cameron’s cameo at Pilgrimmage 2017, or perhaps a live version of the Ed/Boom version of Black that is getting some play.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    How on earth did you read that as a farewell tour lol
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Are we really talking about 20-30 minutes difference in travel to see a Pearl Jam show?
    Seriously.
    Shit got weird.
    99% of us can't get to any venue in 30 minutes.  No one feels sympathetic for you.

I dont remember asking for sympathy.  I'm just stating my preference on which venue they play.  

Can't believe this has become controversial.  One venue is pretty convenient for me, and provides a better format in my opinion. The other is more difficult to get to and provides a worse format for me.

Id rather they play the United Center than Wrigley, not only for how easy the United Center is to get in and out of, but because there would be no weather delays, and better sightlines for all.

I will still be at Wrigley if they only play there, but jeez, just stating my preference.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • You know whats hilarious? 

All of this bickering and bitching will be forgotten about when we are all in a club/area/stadium watching our favorite band play while we smile and sing along to every song, so in that sense pretty much all of this is pointless. 

"Makes much more sense......" 
    You know whats hilarious? 

All of this bickering and bitching will be forgotten about when we are all in a club/area/stadium watching our favorite band play while we smile and sing along to every song, so in that sense pretty much all of this is pointless. 

"Makes much more sense......" 
    The bitching will never be forgotten because the bitching will never leave. 

• Vedd Hedd said:
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Are we really talking about 20-30 minutes difference in travel to see a Pearl Jam show?
    Seriously.
    Shit got weird.
    99% of us can't get to any venue in 30 minutes.  No one feels sympathetic for you.

I dont remember asking for sympathy.  I'm just stating my preference on which venue they play.  

Can't believe this has become controversial.  One venue is pretty convenient for me, and provides a better format in my opinion. The other is more difficult to get to and provides a worse format for me.

Id rather they play the United Center than Wrigley, not only for how easy the United Center is to get in and out of, but because there would be no weather delays, and better sightlines for all.

I will still be at Wrigley if they only play there, but jeez, just stating my preference.
    I would prefer if they play in my living room.  It’s much closer than the local school gymnasium.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Vedd Hedd said:
    CopperTom said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Seriously.
    Shit got weird.

Nothing wrong with your post or stating your preference.  If they come to So Cal, I also have my preference between LA and San Diego for various reasons. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    So much debate over the venue. Personally, I honestly dont care if they play in someone's back yard or a hotel conference center. I will try to go if the public or 10C can get tickets
  • I actually will only go to a show if I’m impressed with the album, otherwise I’ll stay home and def not doing any ballparks heck they could play here at Yankee or Citifield and I’d pass ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:

I get that, but im not complaining about it. Just posting what my preference is.  Wrigley sucks to get to for me. 

And, i posted this in another thread, but it always seems to be on the first day of school.
    On my "oh shit o-meter" this is way down on my list of priorities, but as long as I can say which venue I like better, I will.

If someone lives in bumfuck Iowa and is upset PJ never play there...i get it. That doesnt mean I cant voice my opinion on which of the 8-10 chicago area venues they should play.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    Can confirm both Fenway shows last year were two of the best PJ shows I’ve ever seen
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:

I get that, but im not complaining about it. Just posting what my preference is.  Wrigley sucks to get to for me. 

And, i posted this in another thread, but it always seems to be on the first day of school.
    On my "oh shit o-meter" this is way down on my list of priorities, but as long as I can say which venue I like better, I will.

If someone lives in bumfuck Iowa and is upset PJ never play there...i get it. That doesnt mean I cant voice my opinion on which of the 8-10 chicago area venues they should play.
    Fair enough.  I kind of read it like you wouldn't go if you had to go all the way to Wrigley.   I definitely prefer Arena shows, but I'm not going to boycott because the local show is in a Stadium.   Stadium show is still better than no show :)

btw... I'm at least lucky enough to be close to Vancouver which is a smaller market.   For those of you that live in places that have 10 million+ in the area, isn't it superhard to get tickets to arena shows.   If they played United Center in Chicago or MSG in New York aren't your odds of scoring tickets pretty slim?

Another thought I had too is that I've seen shows at both Safeco Field and Century Link Field in Seattle.  I kind of like the football field better because it wraps around like an arena.   Thus you can get pretty good side stage tickets.   Maybe Football stadiums are a better option if they need to do bigger shows?
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Zod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:

Fair enough.  I kind of read it like you wouldn't go if you had to go all the way to Wrigley.   I definitely prefer Arena shows, but I'm not going to boycott because the local show is in a Stadium.   Stadium show is still better than no show :)

btw... I'm at least lucky enough to be close to Vancouver which is a smaller market.   For those of you that live in places that have 10 million+ in the area, isn't it superhard to get tickets to arena shows.   If they played United Center in Chicago or MSG in New York aren't your odds of scoring tickets pretty slim?

Another thought I had too is that I've seen shows at both Safeco Field and Century Link Field in Seattle.  I kind of like the football field better because it wraps around like an arena.   Thus you can get pretty good side stage tickets.   Maybe Football stadiums are a better option if they need to do bigger shows?
    I've never had trouble at the United Center, including 2009 when they played a couple shows there in August with basically no other US shows announced at the time
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    Zod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:

Yeah, dont get me wrong. If its Wrigley, Im not missing it haha. Im not boycotting baseball parks. I would just prefer an amphitheater or arena.  The last 5 shows in chicago have been Wrigley, so heck, even Soldier Field would be a good change of pace.  But I would rather try the United Center, Allstate Arena, or the new Wintrust arena (which is too small, but that would be cool)

All of which would be easier for me to get in and out of haha.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited September 2019
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:

Yeah, dont get me wrong. If its Wrigley, Im not missing it haha. Im not boycotting baseball parks. I would just prefer an amphitheater or arena.  The last 5 shows in chicago have been Wrigley, so heck, even Soldier Field would be a good change of pace.  But I would rather try the United Center, Allstate Arena, or the new Wintrust arena (which is too small, but that would be cool)

Wow, first world problems here.  I’d love for PJ to play in my state / country at this point.  Having lived in Chicago for 7 years and attended many shows at Wrigley, it’s actually not that difficult to manage the logistics.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    vedpunk said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Zod said:
    hihobibo said:

Wow, first world problems here.  I’d love for PJ to play in my state / country at this point.  Having lived in Chicago for 7 years and attended many shows at Wrigley, it’s actually easy to attend shows and manage the logistics.  
    Don't worry Vedd Hedd, I understand what you are saying 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • 2020 USA Rock the Vote = college stadiums 

That's my vision . . .