Your favorite Horror films

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited August 2019
    Have you seen it @PJ_Soul ?
    I have not. I was thinking about it for next weekend, but I have seen some criticism about it. Many seem to think it would have been more successful as an anthology film.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I have not. I was thinking about it for next weekend, but I have seen some criticism about it. Many seem to think it would have been more successful as an anthology film.
    Yep, thought it would be an anthology film in the vein of TRICK 'R TREAT - separate storied loosely connected. Instead it's kind of a boring cliched narrative with the "stories" springled throughout more like nightmares from A Nightmare on Elm Street.

It's pretty shit written honestly. 

Have you read the books? Curious and looking at buying them. But can an adult find enjoyment out of them, or are they really children stories?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yep, thought it would be an anthology film in the vein of TRICK 'R TREAT - separate storied loosely connected. Instead it's kind of a boring cliched narrative with the "stories" springled throughout more like nightmares from A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Have you read the books? Curious and looking at buying them. But can an adult find enjoyment out of them, or are they really children stories?
    I read them when I was a kid, and I read them now to my kids. 

We have no interest whatsoever in seeing the film. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Do you get anything out of the stories as an adult? Or are they really for small kids?

They are not a thing here in Sweden... so have never seen the books... but will I as a 35 year old get something out of reading them? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Slumberparty Massacre 1 and 2 wasn't as good as my friend had said.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Do you get anything out of the stories as an adult? Or are they really for small kids?

They are not a thing here in Sweden... so have never seen the books... but will I as a 35 year old get something out of reading them? 
    I still have a childish (and macabre) sense of humor—plus, they hold some nostalgia for me as well—so I still enjoy them. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    Went to this last night. Fun/good times with friends.

Image may contain text
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankind said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I still have a childish (and macabre) sense of humor—plus, they hold some nostalgia for me as well—so I still enjoy them. 
    Okey. Will pick it up then!
  • Went to this last night. Fun/good times with friends.

Image may contain text
    The Slumper Party Massacre. Just saw that one, and the first sequel. 

• Watched this yesterday on Prime Video:

Love going through some older movies. Getting my waning movie interest back.
    Went to this last night. Fun/good times with friends.

Image may contain text
    The Slumper Party Massacre. Just saw that one, and the first sequel. 

nice

did a review in the last movie i watched thread. This was their eighth time doing it (my third time going).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,794
    edited September 2019

It: Chapter 2. 
    Overly long indulgent CGI fest lacking in horror and wasting a great cast. Stephen King wears a Neil Young t-shirt.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Looks like they remade Black Christmas (again)

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Hmm... haven't seen the original Black Christmas yet. Which is a bit embarrassing. Watched the remake that came out in 2006-2007... but never the original.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Whatever that trailer was for Blumhouses Black Christmas is in no shape or form, Black Christmas. I feel like I just watched that whole movie in 90 seconds. Awful.
    Go watch the original from the late 70s. It's fantastic. 
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Whatever that trailer was for Blumhouses Black Christmas is in no shape or form, Black Christmas. I feel like I just watched that whole movie in 90 seconds. Awful.
    *early/mid 70s
  • Not available to rent or stream here... will have to ask my horror-friend if he has it on DVD/BD.

I started watching JIGSAW yesterday on Netflix. But stopped halfway through and put on Airplane instead.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Whatever that trailer was for Blumhouses Black Christmas is in no shape or form, Black Christmas. I feel like I just watched that whole movie in 90 seconds. Awful.
    *early/mid 70s
    Dont be that guy.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    RIP Sid Haig
    Image result for sid haig captain spaulding

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    The correct answer is John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN.....especially in the theater as an 11 yr old..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    I saw this in my town's film festival and it was awesome!!

https://youtu.be/Hyag7lR8CPA
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo said:
    I saw this in my town's film festival and it was awesome!!

https://youtu.be/Hyag7lR8CPA
    Looking forward to this.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    i went and saw Friday the 13th part II on the big screen a few weeks ago. it was pretty ace. Sackhead Jason is the best Jason.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • i went and saw Friday the 13th part II on the big screen a few weeks ago. it was pretty ace. Sackhead Jason is the best Jason.
    35mm?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    i went and saw Friday the 13th part II on the big screen a few weeks ago. it was pretty ace. Sackhead Jason is the best Jason.
    35mm?
    i believe so. It was old, so I guess it was 35 mm.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • i went and saw Friday the 13th part II on the big screen a few weeks ago. it was pretty ace. Sackhead Jason is the best Jason.
    35mm?
    i believe so. It was old, so I guess it was 35 mm.
    Amazing! They are showing the first one here. But it's a DCP. The same with The Matrix. 

True Romance will be shown on 35 atleast

• Movies of 2019, number 18: Doctor Sleep. Boring as a Stephen King miniseries from the 90s. Referencing the past as heavyhanded as a popculture t-shirt. All looking like an ugly instagram filter.

Movies of 2019, number 18: Doctor Sleep. Boring as a Stephen King miniseries from the 90s. Referencing the past as heavyhanded as a popculture t-shirt. All looking like an ugly instagram filter.
    Actually saw this last night. Overall I enjoyed it. Pretty long and could have cut out some parts.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,794
    edited November 2019

Movies of 2019, number 18: Doctor Sleep. Boring as a Stephen King miniseries from the 90s. Referencing the past as heavyhanded as a popculture t-shirt. All looking like an ugly instagram filter.
    Actually saw this last night. Overall I enjoyed it. Pretty long and could have cut out some parts.
    Are you just saying that because Rebecca Ferguson is cute wearing a hat?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD