2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    New York and philly as well. Three years plus is a long time.  
    Thoughts and prayers for New York and Philly.  ;)
    Longest gap in the history of the band.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Aside from my destination shows wishlist those two are at the top of my list that I want to make. I would love to follow them around and do a whole east coast tour but you and I know that isn't happening lol. 
    Damn kids!
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    on2legs said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    kdiddy said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    I was made aware of a "Marketing meeting" regarding Pearl Jam at a location in MN last week by a friend of mine.  Unfortunately he wasn't attending it, but it points to something in the works I'm guessing.
    Iiiinteresting. They had an exclusive with Target for Backspacer.. are they at it again? Does your friend work at Target HQ? I do but I don't have anyone on the music team.. hmmmmmm
    Works for a completely unrelated company to anything entertainment.  The room they were in had the meeting listed next.
    He should have done a George Costanza and left a briefcase behind with a recorder going in it.  And then came back later to retrieve the “forgotten” briefcase.  

If it were me I would have found a way to attend that meeting  =)  He wasn't sure which company was holding the meeting, so that's all i've got.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    I want an Asian tour, but will settle for Australia/NZ ;)

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    mcgruff10 said:
    Amen.  And anywhere within a 3 hour drive of aforementioned cities as well.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    I‘d need cities with airports! I’m pretty sure I‘d be too scared to drive in the States, at least in the cities
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    JPPJ84 said:
    I‘d need cities with airports! I’m pretty sure I‘d be too scared to drive in the States, at least in the cities
    Oddly enough, I'm afraid to drive on the super highways in Germany! :-)
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited August 2019
    rummy said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Oddly enough, I'm afraid to drive on the super highways in Germany! :-)
    I guess it depends on what we’re all used to 😉 the main thing is that I hardly ever drive here either. You don’t really need a car when you live in a German/European city
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    edited August 2019
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Quick, somebody make up a rumor and save us from the politics. 
    Red Rocks and The Gorge need to happen. 
    This. 
    and ps, haven't posted in a while, but has anyone hypothesized that the extended break and delayed album have anything to do with Eddie's voice? I seem to remember them having to reschedule a few shows during the last tour due to him having "vocal difficulties."  Hope this isn't the case, but the thought had occurred to me. 
    Post edited by wsimon74 on
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    wsimon74 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This. 
    and ps, haven't posted in a while, but has anyone hypothesized that the extended break and delayed album have anything to do with Eddie's voice? I seem to remember them having to reschedule a few shows during the last tour due to him having "vocal difficulties."  Hope this isn't the case, but the thought had occurred to me. 
    1 show was rescheduled.  I doubt that it has anything to do with the slow album progress or no touring.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    CopperTom said:
    wsimon74 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This. 
    1 show was rescheduled.  I doubt that it has anything to do with the slow album progress or no touring.
    Also, he just toured Europe.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    CopperTom said:
    wsimon74 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    This. 
    Also, he just toured Europe.
    good point
  • skram79skram79 Posts: 19
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a tour next year, these withdrawals are killing me!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Thank you!! (I thought i was in the wrong thread)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jwhjr17 said:
    I was made aware of a "Marketing meeting" regarding Pearl Jam at a location in MN last week by a friend of mine.  Unfortunately he wasn't attending it, but it points to something in the works I'm guessing.
    interesting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Red rocks is a bucket list venue for me. Would make the trip if PJ played there. Plus legal weed. Just like California. No withdrawal for me. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Red rocks is a bucket list venue for me. Would make the trip if PJ played there. Plus legal weed. Just like California. No withdrawal for me. Lol
    As it should be.  Been fortunate to see QOTSA, NIN and Soundgarden there.  At only 10k capacity though, PJ would have to play a week of shows there to even come close to meeting demand.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited August 2019
    Red rocks would be a shit show to get tickets, no thanks.  They need to play bigger venues.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mcgruff10 said:
    Red rocks would be a shit show to get tickets, no thanks.  They need to play bigger venues.  
    Perfect for a webcast.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ullevi?

https://youtu.be/r8qpTL1wxGQ
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Beautiful venue but if I'm ever back no way am I dealing with GA again
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I need a new bucket list venue.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    pjl44 said:
    That whole place is essentially GA.  No seats, no security.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    I've had friends buy in the reserved section and not report any weirdness. Have you experienced something else?
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I've had friends buy in the reserved section and not report any weirdness. Have you experienced something else?
    It's very chill, but almost to a fault. There are no seats, it's just stone steps with seat numbers written on them, so by the end, everybody has funneled down. If someone pays a premium for a ticket in the front 10 rows and expects to have their own reserved space without infringement, it could get rough.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    JimmyV said:
    The O2 in Berlin in 2012 was like a recording studio. The sound quality was unbelievable and there were dudes wandering the floor section with backpacks of beer that was something like 9 euros per litre. And then they played the next night. I am assuming that is what heaven is like.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    It's very chill, but almost to a fault. There are no seats, it's just stone steps with seat numbers written on them, so by the end, everybody has funneled down. If someone pays a premium for a ticket in the front 10 rows and expects to have their own reserved space without infringement, it could get rough.
    I'm sure someone will bring a marker.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    kaw753 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The O2 in Berlin in 2012 was like a recording studio. The sound quality was unbelievable and there were dudes wandering the floor section with backpacks of beer that was something like 9 euros per litre. And then they played the next night. I am assuming that is what heaven is like.
    Those two shows were amazing.  
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    kaw753 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Those two shows were amazing.  
    Definitely my two favourites from the 2012 Euro tour.
    Edit: Those Amsterdam shows are pretty solid, too.
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Please....give us some Texas shows