Donald Trump

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    “An overspending dem????” Have you seen the deficit? The republicans have officially no leg to stand on with that argument anymore. It’s actually the opposite of that now. They are spending like crazy. 

The recession is coming, folks. Might be just around the corner actually:

I know this.  It's in the right's playbook though.  You don't have to prove anything to me it's their base that needs reminding.
    Where are you getting this? It's not their playbook. They're just blindly following a guy who is going against everything they've stood for...at least in terms of being fiscally conservative. What's the playbook? What is the strategy? I don't see any. We're headed towards the cliff.
    Where?  Every person that watches FOX.  Seriously you doubt this?  Every conservative I know here in NY says the same thing.  "Dems will tax you to death" or "if you don't like your paycheck vote democrat"

My point is that has always been their strategy. Seems as if things have changed in the last few years though, right? There is nothing fiscally conservative about this president. I thought you were saying there is a new strategy or something. That one has been thrown out the window with Trump. 
    Dude, they still believe it...
    Intelligent ones do not because there is no truth to it anymore. Trump blew it all up and is still in the process of blowing up that entire party....
    There is a Minor Threat song and your quote made me think of it.  "Intelligence. Well that don't work in your brain.  Your an adult but you act like a child.  Why do I even try to explain?"

The people I refer to don't get it.  It is amazing and sad all at the same time.  These aren't people I frequent with but when I do see them and hear the things that come out of their mouths?

Yeah man.  Cray.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mrussel1 said:
    The market the past two weeks is exactly what a recession feels like.  Trump canceled the tariffs because he knows it's the key to his reelection,  the only key.  But the die is cast.   The recession is here. 

I've said this and a lot of people think this way too.

What the right has set up in place though is that even w a crashing economy it would still be better thanhaving an overspending Dem in office.

But I agree.  The market is down then Trump is gone.
    Not necessarily 
    He'll just blame....Obama, Hillary, Fake News, MS-13, illegals, aliens, and anyone and anything else he can think of and the base will eat it up and still vote for his lying, racist, xenophobic,  anti-constitutionalist ass.
    mrussel1 said:
    The market the past two weeks is exactly what a recession feels like.  Trump canceled the tariffs because he knows it's the key to his reelection,  the only key.  But the die is cast.   The recession is here. 

I've said this and a lot of people think this way too.

What the right has set up in place though is that even w a crashing economy it would still be better thanhaving an overspending Dem in office.

But I agree.  The market is down then Trump is gone.
    Not necessarily 
    He'll just blame....Obama, Hillary, Fake News, MS-13, illegals, aliens, and anyone and anything else he can think of and the base will eat it up and still vote for his lying, racist, xenophobic,  anti-constitutionalist ass.
    That's just base.  33-40%?

The other percentages that didn't vote last time or are now fed up need to show up.  

40% should NOT get you elected.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    “An overspending dem????” Have you seen the deficit? The republicans have officially no leg to stand on with that argument anymore. It’s actually the opposite of that now. They are spending like crazy. 

It's already here.  It just takes a few quarters tpu recognize it. 
    Here's a good article from Politico this morning:

Trump’s recession risk rises

“On the economics dashboard of doom, we have another flashing warning light,” economists at ING wrote in a note on Wednesday. “Overnight we have seen the inversion of the 2-10 year part of the Treasury yield curve, the first time this has happened since 2007 when the global financial crisis started to bite.”
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    jeffbr said:
    Wait until his handling of the economy goes underwater.  Currently that's the only major topic above 50. The Democrats wil tie the trade war to the recession in every single discussion.  He'll wear it like am albatross. 
  • “An overspending dem????” Have you seen the deficit? The republicans have officially no leg to stand on with that argument anymore. It’s actually the opposite of that now. They are spending like crazy. 

I know this.  It's in the right's playbook though.  You don't have to prove anything to me it's their base that needs reminding.
    Where are you getting this? It's not their playbook. They're just blindly following a guy who is going against everything they've stood for...at least in terms of being fiscally conservative. What's the playbook? What is the strategy? I don't see any. We're headed towards the cliff.
    Where?  Every person that watches FOX.  Seriously you doubt this?  Every conservative I know here in NY says the same thing.  "Dems will tax you to death" or "if you don't like your paycheck vote democrat"

My point is that has always been their strategy. Seems as if things have changed in the last few years though, right? There is nothing fiscally conservative about this president. I thought you were saying there is a new strategy or something. That one has been thrown out the window with Trump. 
    This is true. And it’s sad.

that said, my taxes are way lower under a trump admin then a sanders admin. So - while the big picture is true, it feels different to most people, if that makes sense.
    Another reason why the dems shouldn't nominate him...
    The tax scare keeping a grip of the US is so laughable.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

that said, my taxes are way lower under a trump admin then a sanders admin. So - while the big picture is true, it feels different to most people, if that makes sense.
    Says the guy that pays half the available tax rate.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:

Says the guy that pays half the available tax rate.
    "b-b-but my MRI"

(the society I live in isn't broken as fuck as the US' atleast. So we're doing it right)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's already here.  It just takes a few quarters tpu recognize it. 
    Here's a good article from Politico this morning:

Trump’s recession risk rises

“On the economics dashboard of doom, we have another flashing warning light,” economists at ING wrote in a note on Wednesday. “Overnight we have seen the inversion of the 2-10 year part of the Treasury yield curve, the first time this has happened since 2007 when the global financial crisis started to bite.”
    Down 798 points today...  I restarted the Stock Market thread if you would like to join in.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

or move to Taxachusetts.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited August 2019

Dude, they still believe it...
    Intelligent ones do not because there is no truth to it anymore. Trump blew it all up and is still in the process of blowing up that entire party....
    There is a Minor Threat song and your quote made me think of it.  "Intelligence. Well that don't work in your brain.  Your an adult but you act like a child.  Why do I even try to explain?"

The people I refer to don't get it.  It is amazing and sad all at the same time.  These aren't people I frequent with but when I do see them and hear the things that come out of their mouths?

Yeah man.  Cray.
    I hear you. The 30% base isn't going to be swayed by much of anything....unless they start losing their jobs, which can happen in a recession, obviously.

It's the other 10-13% who held their nose and voted for him and are only still with him because of the economy. These are the people he will lose when the economy goes into the shitter. They are smart enough to know what is happening. I know I've said something like this a million times over the last few years but it's the truth, dammit! These people are more like Scaramucci than Stephen Miller, if that makes any sense. 

Like Cincy said though.....if the dems go too far left with Bernie, that could still complicate things because these people are scared to death of his policies. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    56% disapproval. From a Fox News poll...

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457480-trump-disapproval-rises-to-near-record-fox-news-poll

At this point, the ball's really in the Dems' court to not fuck this up. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
     https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/rename-fifth-avenue-in?source=petitionshomepage

To be delivered to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, New York City Council

We request the stretch of Fifth Avenue between 56th and 57th Streets be renamed "President Barack H. Obama Avenue." Any addresses on that stretch of Fifth Avenue should be changed accordingly.

249,820 signatures. NEW goal - We need 250,000!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    Will Moscow Mitchy Baby be far behind? Nah, he’s all in.

https://apple.news/AbW-XAGYbRoGOYTayj0ABFw
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Will Moscow Mitchy Baby be far behind? Nah, he’s all in.

https://apple.news/AbW-XAGYbRoGOYTayj0ABFw
    Bought & paid by Russia 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    "I think my rhetoric brings people together," he said last week, four days after a 21-year-old allegedly posted an anti-immigrant screed online and then allegedly opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, killing 22 and injuring dozens of others.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    This is what I don't understand, it IS tax payer money.  No way that can happen right?  This would never fly through any of the courts.

If he executive ordered this it would be shot down quick, yes?

The fact that this was proposed in the first place has me scratching my head.

I'll defend any side against bullshit but this ain't that.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457480-trump-disapproval-rises-to-near-record-fox-news-poll

From the same Fox poll:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    edited August 2019
    ikiT said:
    "I think my rhetoric brings people together," he said last week, four days after a 21-year-old allegedly posted an anti-immigrant screed online and then allegedly opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, killing 22 and injuring dozens of others.
    yes, its brings a shooter together with innocent people, then it brings first responders, including emts and hospital staffs, together with the shooter and the innocent people. Then it brings the coroners together with the dead. then it brings family and friends together with funeral directors and clergy. then it brings cemetary workers together with friends and family.

hes right. he really brings people together......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

From the same Fox poll:

Yeah I saw them show this poll on CNN and wanted to post it....but couldn't find a graphic or a link. The sad thing is that when I saw this, I felt there should be a follow-up question. 59% think he's tearing the country apart. But of those 59%, how many think it's a bad thing? One would think they all do. But do they? I think there's a portion of his base that may feel it's a good thing....in a segregationist sort of way. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

From the same Fox poll:

So I'm gonna call out this meme/stat whatever you want to call it.

FOX has nothing posted anywhere on this.  I can't find it anywhere.  It's reported everywhere BUT on one of their sites.

Only poll I found was his approval ratings.

So I wrote the above then I did some digging!!!

Fox has this one poll hidden in their article.  You have to click on "Show Poll Results"
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-most-back-gun-restrictions-after-shootings-trump-ratings-down

Click on it then scroll down to question 23.  I have the link already below.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-august-14

Sneaky bastards.

From the same Fox poll:

FOX has nothing posted anywhere on this.  I can't find it anywhere.  It's reported everywhere BUT on one of their sites.

Fox has this one poll hidden in their article.  You have to click on "Show Poll Results"
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-most-back-gun-restrictions-after-shootings-trump-ratings-down

Sneaky bastards.

Yeah its in their brand new poll out today. Whenever you see approval numbers there are always other questions asked to get the mood of the country.

It is interesting that Fox barely mentioned it this morning, while CNN and MSNBC were giving it coverage...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

From the same Fox poll:

Sneaky bastards.

I read that fox poll much differently.  Trumps 43% approval (after that horrific mass murder) is damn close to the 46% he won with in 2016

That tells me the dems make one small mistake (ahem MFA) Trump gets reelected. 

From the same Fox poll:

Sneaky bastards.

I read that fox poll much differently.  Trumps 43% approval (after that horrific mass murder) is damn close to the 46% he won with in 2016

Yes, it's a spin on the numbers.  His approval rating has always been around 43%
    edited August 2019

From the same Fox poll:

Sneaky bastards.

Yes, it's a spin on the numbers.  His approval rating has always been around 43%
    It was actually 46% in the last Fox poll.....
    Overall he's down to 41.7. This includes a 5% drop in his favorite Rasmussen poll:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

I'd expect these numbers to continue to drop as more polls come out since the shootings and as more bad news comes out regarding the economy...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.