2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Supper funny that people look at baseball schedules to see what might fit a PJ show 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Supper funny that people look at baseball schedules to see what might fit a PJ show 
    Horribly sad actually that’s it come to this
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    ^^
    so ridiculous
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Since 2013 they have toured 5 of those years. 3 out of 5 of those years there have been ballpark shows. It is inevitable. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Wrigley in 2013
    Fenway 1 and 2 in 2016
    Seattle 2 and Fenway 1 and 2 in 2018

I have never regretted going to a ballpark show and I have never had anything less than a great time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I've been to 9 of them and had a blast at all of them, even the rain delayed Wrigley shows. 

If (when) they do continue, I hope they mix it up this time. Do something like Philly, St Louis, San Fran. Or Atlanta, Texas, LA. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I've been to 9 of them and had a blast at all of them, even the rain delayed Wrigley shows. 

If (when) they do continue, I hope they mix it up this time. Do something like Philly, St Louis, San Fran. Or Atlanta, Texas, LA. 
    Atlanta please!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    ballpark shows are fun for the novelty of it, but the lack of sound quality and the potential to be so far back in the stands that it creates a disconnect, is very undesirable. its all about the benjamins
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Ive said it before, but I am out for future ballpark shows

For people who went to both Safeco and Wrigley... did you find that the infrastructure at safeco was more comfortable for that many people?  It just feels like everything Wrigley is designed to handle like 60% of the number in attendance.  
    MayDay10 said:
    Ive said it before, but I am out for future ballpark shows

For people who went to both Safeco and Wrigley... did you find that the infrastructure at safeco was more comfortable for that many people?  It just feels like everything Wrigley is designed to handle like 60% of the number in attendance.  
    Yes. Wrigley felt tight at times. Safeco felt crowded, but not uncomfortably so. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Under the bleachers at Wrigley during the rain delay was bad.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:
    Agreed.  If I am traveling for a show it better be indoors.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I think they will spread out at least to some swing states leading up to Trump's re-election. :o
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Between needing to travel and costs associated with it (along with tickets now approaching $500 for 2 shows).  Merch at these things becoming a no-fly zone.  Then getting to the venue is kind of a slog.  Crowded streets, lines to get in, etc.  Then the venue itself being over-taxed.  All to be much further away with tons of open air and a diminished experience.  That, along with the whole thing hanging there at the complete mercy of weather.    It isn't really worth it (to me).
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Rev. Lovejoy: So Homer, please feel free to tell us anything. There's no judgment here.
    Homer: The other day I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into a football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers.
    Rev. Lovejoy: I cast thee out!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Noload said:
    I think they will spread out at least to some swing states leading up to Trump's re-election. :o
    It worked in '04. Someone get Tim Robbins on the horn.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Noload said:
    Sounds good for me. Hit up the same 4 cities from 2016!

Image result for florida voting map results
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    eboweddie said:
    Rev. Lovejoy: So Homer, please feel free to tell us anything. There's no judgment here.
    Homer: The other day I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into a football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers.
    Rev. Lovejoy: I cast thee out!
    This contest is over, give this man the 10,000 dollars 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    pjl44 said:
    Noload said:
    It worked in '04. Someone get Tim Robbins on the horn.
    I enjoyed the hell out of the Kissimmee show but honestly the Gob Roberts thing was rough.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

Count me in. 
    Still regret skipping Tampa in 2016. 

• Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

This map also describes the parts of Florida that contribute to the economy vs. the red ones that don't.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Mike D88 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Noload said:

This map also describes the parts of Florida that contribute to the economy vs. the red ones that don't.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    on2legs said:
    Yes! It was brutal! Would definitely do it again though. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    MayDay10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Between needing to travel and costs associated with it (along with tickets now approaching $500 for 2 shows).  Merch at these things becoming a no-fly zone.  Then getting to the venue is kind of a slog.  Crowded streets, lines to get in, etc.  Then the venue itself being over-taxed.  All to be much further away with tons of open air and a diminished experience.  That, along with the whole thing hanging there at the complete mercy of weather.    It isn't really worth it (to me).

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    MayDay10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    I agree with all those things.  I was getting so accustomed to stadium shows (PJ or otherwise), then it was night and day difference between safeco last august, and foo fighters at GM place in Vancouver.   The arena felt smaller and more intimate than I recall (and I've seen a lot of shows there).  Lineups seemed small and insigificant... it was amazing.

I completely agree that Arena's are Better than Stadiums if only because every is smaller and more reasonable.   On the flip side if PJ tours are going to continue to be small I think they have to play stadiums or it's going to be tough getting tickets to anything.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    JimmyV said:
    Wrigley in 2013
    Fenway 1 and 2 in 2016
    Seattle 2 and Fenway 1 and 2 in 2018

I have never regretted going to a ballpark show and I have never had anything less than a great time.
    True of any PJ show tbh 
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Noload said:
    While this would NEVER happen, imagine if bands played the opposite election strategy?

instead of playing before and trying to spread the word, say they’ll ONLY play such and such a state after the election, if said state wins. 

Strictly hypothetically, but the combo of voters being lazy/uninspired and music fans being desperate, and 3 states were decided by some 70k votes, I have to think the prospect of seeing great music would blackmail voters. If PJ proposed this they may get an extra 10k people to vote (their way) if not more. Now say REM promises reunion shows maybe they’ll get even more, Bruce gives the ultimatum to tour there’s another who knows how many more, and then imagine talking heads saying they’ll only reunite for shows if they get their result, it’s not crazy to imagine musicians blackmailing an election in 4 or 5 close states. 

Its ass backwards and not very “American” but it actually could work...(not trying to get political and it would be a very ugly and hostile environment I know, just looking at it hypothetically from a numbers point as a die hard music fan. More of a social experiment than a real way of life)
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    nycrats said:
    Noload said:
    While this would NEVER happen, imagine if bands played the opposite election strategy?

instead of playing before and trying to spread the word, say they’ll ONLY play such and such a state after the election, if said state wins. 

Strictly hypothetically, but the combo of voters being lazy/uninspired and music fans being desperate, and 3 states were decided by some 70k votes, I have to think the prospect of seeing great music would blackmail voters. If PJ proposed this they may get an extra 10k people to vote (their way) if not more. Now say REM promises reunion shows maybe they’ll get even more, Bruce gives the ultimatum to tour there’s another who knows how many more, and then imagine talking heads saying they’ll only reunite for shows if they get their result, it’s not crazy to imagine musicians blackmailing an election in 4 or 5 close states. 

Its ass backwards and not very “American” but it actually could work...(not trying to get political and it would be a very ugly and hostile environment I know, just looking at it hypothetically from a numbers point as a die hard music fan. More of a social experiment than a real way of life)
    That would be a first ballot hall of fame "cutting off your nose to spite your face" move
    If they do branch out to other ballpark and stadium venues, I hope they choose ones with history. Safeco is an exception because of the Seattle connection, but Fenway and Wrigley were special in part because of how historic those places are. Dodger Stadium would be cool. Maybe Lambeau Field.