2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    25-28 songs is fine.  Just make sure to cut 2 or so hits so we aren’t left with greatest hits sets.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    25-28 songs is fine.  Just make sure to cut 2 or so hits so we aren’t left with greatest hits sets.

Exactly it all depends on the cuts. Berlin was a great show last year and it was only 27 songs. 

As far as Eddies voice hurting the number of songs unless he had signs before or during the Amsterdam shows I do not think this was a factor. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    In general I'm 100% on board with them taking out openers again and playing 2:15-2:30 on most nights
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    PJ should always open for PJ with an acoustic/unplugged 8 song set. Then they can scale back to 2.5 hours of normal set plus 2 encores.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    PJ should always open for PJ with an acoustic/unplugged 8 song set. Then they can scale back to 2.5 hours of normal set plus 2 encores.
    They will do what the stones did IMO. Come out hard, do a few, jump into acoustic set on different part of stage, end strong. This will be the stadium recipe I think.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    It used to be closer to 3:15.

:smile:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

I think I prefer this.  It usually means less covers.
    You guys telling me you would prefer a show that is 25-28 songs long over a Denver 2014, Quebec 2016, Fenway 2 2016, Wrigley 2 2016, Rome 2018, Seattle 2 2018? Just naming a couple of long ones of the top of my head and I realize ballpark shows are not for everyone but we are talking setlist length here. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Long is not a synonym for good.
    PJNB said:
    You guys telling me you would prefer a show that is 25-28 songs long over a Denver 2014, Quebec 2016, Fenway 2 2016, Wrigley 2 2016, Rome 2018, Seattle 2 2018? Just naming a couple of long ones of the top of my head and I realize ballpark shows are not for everyone but we are talking setlist length here. 
    I would take a solid opener and 2:15 over a guaranteed 3 hours
    PJNB said:
    Yeah.  I would be fine with it.  If I was still song chasing I wouldn’t.  But 2.5 hours is plenty.  
    You old farts! 
    If I could change anything it would be to only allow two songs that last longer than 4.5 minutes.  I get bored easily.  You won’t catch me at a Phish concert.  I love guitar though, just not jam bands.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    My own personal bias here but for the love of god, never play RITFW again.  That would cut an unnecessary, repetitive 7 minutes off the show and instead end the show with a unique closing song voted by the fans for each concert.  Do it, I dare them!
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    edited August 2019
    An announcement by the band at this stage would be appreciated....not asking for a tour / album announcement (although that would be great!), but just anything about "we're working on it" or "be patient" would be appreciated. 

Feels like we've been in limbo since Fenway.  I mean "You Can't Deny Me" off their forthcoming New Album was released in January 2018 right?  Almost eighteen months ago. 
    Post edited by RT85129 on
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    Acoustic set would be the piss break for everyone
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    PJNB said:
    You old farts! 
    I'm for 3 hours of music! I just want to see 45 minutes of something else first. 
    vedpunk said:
    My own personal bias here but for the love of god, never play RITFW again.  That would cut an unnecessary, repetitive 7 minutes off the show and instead end the show with a unique closing song voted by the fans for each concert.  Do it, I dare them!
    I love RITFW and fans would just vote for some goofy b-side to check off their list
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    vedpunk said:
    I always thought release would be an epic way to close a show. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    RT85129 said:
    An announcement by the band at this stage would be appreciated....not asking for a tour / album announcement (although that would be great!), but just anything about "we're working on it" or "be patient" would be appreciated. 

Feels like we've been in limbo since Fenway.  I mean "You Can't Deny Me" off their forthcoming New Album was released in January 2018 right?  Almost eighteen months ago. 

That announcement is forthcoming. 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    CopperTom said:

I think I prefer this.  It usually means less covers.

PLEASE 

less covers

less covers

less covers

less covers
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Headed home on the L and just passed by Wrigley. We all complained about the ballpark shows, but how bad would we kill for some ballpark shows right now?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    I would love them to mix shit up like that. Why the hell not? Open with Ledbetter that is not drawn out. Fuck it! It all works really and mixing keeps things fresh. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    I would love them to mix shit up like that. Why the hell not? Open with Ledbetter that is not drawn out. Fuck it! It all works really and mixing keeps things fresh. 
    So many ways they could mix things up. My first show long road was in the first encore and it worked beautiful.  Hell in my tree was in the second encore.  Hey pj, allow me to write a few set lists please.  My setlists would make everyone’s head spin!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Bunch of new posts and nothing from our pal from Greece.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    You old farts! 
    I'm for 3 hours of music! I just want to see 45 minutes of something else first. 
    Same here. I am all for 3-4 hours of music or even more. But I agree with some on here who have mentioned the setlists becoming a little predictable and or repetitive. I am not one to ever complain, I agree with most who have said there is nothing like soaking in the atmosphere of a live PJ show. Not many other places I'd rather be  or things I'd rather be doing than a PJ show so with that I leave it at let the band play whatever the hell they want to play, but I am on board with seeing them shake things up a bit. Keep us guessing and minds blown with some of their deepest cuts that are rarely played and sound amazing. given2fly23 said:
    Headed home on the L and just passed by Wrigley. We all complained about the ballpark shows, but how bad would we kill for some ballpark shows right now?

I also don't understand why some don't like the stadium shows. I personally have loved the stadium shows and the energy the band has played feeding off the crowd. I myself have no complaints about the acoustics, sound, or visibility of the stadium shows. I understand the weather can always play a factor, but the band has always been able to pull through and say "Show must go on" I am all for the band continuing the trend of stadium shows. It's nice to see my favorite band has reached that stratosphere level that they can sell out these huge, historic, monumental venues. I'll gladly go see them wherever the hell they decide to play. With that being said, let's get some news going with some future shows lined up. It's almost been a full year since Wrigley and I am ready for some live PJ again! 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I've been calling BS on all those who said they'd skip any ballpark shows. They are so full of it. This does not apply to those that have to REALLY travel for said ballpark shows. Of course we would all love arenas, but....

@dimitrispearljam - hey bud, with so many new, yet meaningless posts in this thread, can you humor us with something? "2020 is going to be a busy year is preferred" but even a simple "find something else to obsess over" would be great. You've been eerily quiet here. 🤙
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    edited August 2019
    The pressure on the band is something else. I hope they don't tour now just to piss you all off even more.

Just off the top of my head of later in the career

San Diego 2013 insane epic
    Detroit 2014 ridiculous
    Philly 2016 , not spectrum but damn 
    Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona last summer was unreal

Post edited by MissPennyLane on
    If we have been following the other rumour threads of the last 6 years we are going to have to wait another couple of months before anything starts trickling in and that is IF they are playing in the spring/summer. Anyone checking this thread daily hoping for news is going to be disappointed. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    PJNB said:
    I wouldn’t mind a shorter set list if it meant we got back to more varied and less predictable sets.   A long show once in awhile is a treat but I don’t need every show to be like a final farewell performance with a bunch of covers jammed in.  Old school Pearl Jam sets - fast and furious - is fine with me. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore