Fox News

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    I have a family member that has completely drank the FOX news kool-aid.

Her response about news to me "I don't want to get into a discussion but I believe FOX news is the most fair and balanced of any network out there and I'm not in the mood to debate it."

How are you even able to debate ANYTHING with a person that uses the networks campaign slogan word for word?!?

I'm still floored by her statement to me...
    Anyone seen the showtime series with Russel Crowe as Aisles?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

Her response about news to me "I don't want to get into a discussion but I believe FOX news is the most fair and balanced of any network out there and I'm not in the mood to debate it."

How are you even able to debate ANYTHING with a person that uses the networks campaign slogan word for word?!?

Hate that. It's like, I have my opinion, I have my reasons for my opinions, but I'm unwilling to share my reasons lest they be disproven. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Fox News Contributor Tyrus Sent Lewd Texts To Colleague: ‘Pull Your Boobs Out’

Fox Nation split up Tyrus and his former co-host, Britt McHenry, after he sent her the messages. But he still works at the network.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news-tyrus-britt-mchenry-text_n_5d277b6ce4b02a5a5d57cd13?jc

Haha. Chris is scum.

https://youtu.be/iZIzYge-BmQ
    benjs said:

Hate that. It's like, I have my opinion, I have my reasons for my opinions, but I'm unwilling to share my reasons lest they be disproven. 
    No it's beyond that.  I'm bullheaded like most of my family but I can listen to certain things and call bullshit.

I used to listen to Hannity because people always talked great about him (Consider the sources, I know) and couldn't understand why they loved him.

Glen Beck was insane so I enjoyed him though.

I watch Fox now to see what the other half thinks.  I do agree with them that the left has an absolute bias towards the President.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    benjs said:

No it's beyond that.  I'm bullheaded like most of my family but I can listen to certain things and call bullshit.

I used to listen to Hannity because people always talked great about him (Consider the sources, I know) and couldn't understand why they loved him.

I watch Fox now to see what the other half thinks.  I do agree with them that the left has an absolute bias towards the President.
    the bias towards the president was insanely worse under obama. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

benjs said:

On FOX? Of course!  Not too much anywhere else.

Obama was the first president I saw that held office and wasn't respected.  We saw a shoe or two get thrown at Bush but that was in a different country but nothing like how Obama and Trump have been treated while in office.  Not even close.

Everyone has an opinion now and people that "tweet" it will get picked up and before you know it, it's viral or trending.

benjs said:

Obama was the first president I saw that held office and wasn't respected.  We saw a shoe or two get thrown at Bush but that was in a different country but nothing like how Obama and Trump have been treated while in office.  Not even close.

Everyone has an opinion now and people that "tweet" it will get picked up and before you know it, it's viral or trending.

the right in general, not just on fox. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

benjs said:

the right in general, not just on fox. 
    That seems to be the norm now with biases.  They root for their base and shun the opposition.

It's getting hard to find a bipartisan news source that doesn't have pundits that tell the news.  BBC is still good, Maddow and Hannity, Carlson suck.  

Young Turks crack me up.
    edited August 2019
    Wrong thread
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    The Dayton shooter was a far leftist.  I don’t see cnn covering that.  But it is true.  Most Americans aren’t caught up on some race war that certain media is pushing.  It really is probably low on the list.  Most Americans aren’t experiencing this divisiveness that CNN is pushing.  Ratings wise, most Americans aren’t even watching CNN anymore because they aren’t in tune with the country.  But it’s one of the few legs dems can stand on for the next election.  Push the agenda that you think will get you to the finish line.  Tucker is right, most Americans aren’t concerned.  What they are concerned about is their jobs, the economy, and taxes.  Sorry for not making a mountain out of a mole hill because Don Lemon looks sad.  He’s got his audience that cares, Tucker has his.  Ratings are ratings.  It is what it is.
  • The Dayton shooter was a far leftist.  I don’t see cnn covering that.  But it is true.  Most Americans aren’t caught up on some race war that certain media is pushing.  It really is probably low on the list.  Most Americans aren’t experiencing this divisiveness that CNN is pushing.  Ratings wise, most Americans aren’t even watching CNN anymore because they aren’t in tune with the country.  But it’s one of the few legs dems can stand on for the next election.  Push the agenda that you think will get you to the finish line.  Tucker is right, most Americans aren’t concerned.  What they are concerned about is their jobs, the economy, and taxes.  Sorry for not making a mountain out of a mole hill because Don Lemon looks sad.  He’s got his audience that cares, Tucker has his.  Ratings are ratings.  It is what it is.
    Did you vote for Trump?
    The Dayton shooter was a far leftist.  I don’t see cnn covering that.  But it is true.  Most Americans aren’t caught up on some race war that certain media is pushing.  It really is probably low on the list.  Most Americans aren’t experiencing this divisiveness that CNN is pushing.  Ratings wise, most Americans aren’t even watching CNN anymore because they aren’t in tune with the country.  But it’s one of the few legs dems can stand on for the next election.  Push the agenda that you think will get you to the finish line.  Tucker is right, most Americans aren’t concerned.  What they are concerned about is their jobs, the economy, and taxes.  Sorry for not making a mountain out of a mole hill because Don Lemon looks sad.  He’s got his audience that cares, Tucker has his.  Ratings are ratings.  It is what it is.
    Did you vote for Trump?
    Didn’t vote last go around.  Didn’t feel good voting for either.  Why would you ask that by the way?  
    Did you vote for Trump?
    Didn’t vote last go around.  Didn’t feel good voting for either.  Why would you ask that by the way?  
    Down the rabbit hole you go...

It's to pigeonhole you or slap a label on you, that's why.
  • The Dayton shooter was a far leftist.  I don’t see cnn covering that.  But it is true.  Most Americans aren’t caught up on some race war that certain media is pushing.  It really is probably low on the list.  Most Americans aren’t experiencing this divisiveness that CNN is pushing.  Ratings wise, most Americans aren’t even watching CNN anymore because they aren’t in tune with the country.  But it’s one of the few legs dems can stand on for the next election.  Push the agenda that you think will get you to the finish line.  Tucker is right, most Americans aren’t concerned.  What they are concerned about is their jobs, the economy, and taxes.  Sorry for not making a mountain out of a mole hill because Don Lemon looks sad.  He’s got his audience that cares, Tucker has his.  Ratings are ratings.  It is what it is.
    Did you vote for Trump?
    Because you believe KISS famous "ALIVE" series of live albums starting with the groundbreaking first Alive in 1975 are called "Live". 

Looking for a reason for that. Wondered if you might had been one of those libtards voting for Hillary and not appreciating great patriotic american music.
    Did you vote for Trump?

What rabbit hole am I going down?  And are you positive you aren’t yelling about rabbit holes as you are falling down your own?  I never picked a side.  Did you?
    edited August 2019
    Did you vote for Trump?

What rabbit hole am I going down?  And are you positive you aren’t yelling about rabbit holes as you are falling down your own?  I never picked a side.  Did you?
    He was just being helpful and answering you question. Stop shooting in every direction like an american with an AR.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Is there an indication that the shooter acted out of some sort of political or idealogical conviction? In this instance it appears his politics were separate from his actions (unlike El Paso). The guy had issues. Had hit lists of girls/women. Was kicked out of high school for his bad behavior. Was seen as "creepy" by women who knew him. I believe the guy who was with his sister was the first one shot. Seems more like domestic violence rather than domestic terrorism, or political action. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • THIS I THE PATH TO CIVIL WAR!
    (AND I DONT NEED NO CIVIL WAR)

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    You say most americans a lot.  What are you basing this on?  And I'm not going to try and label you, but I am interested to know where you live.  City? Rural? Midwest? NE?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    jeffbr said:
    Is there an indication that the shooter acted out of some sort of political or idealogical conviction? In this instance it appears his politics were separate from his actions (unlike El Paso). The guy had issues. Had hit lists of girls/women. Was kicked out of high school for his bad behavior. Was seen as "creepy" by women who knew him. I believe the guy who was with his sister was the first one shot. Seems more like domestic violence rather than domestic terrorism, or political action. 

Agreed.

Also, CNN did report about his twitter page. I could be wrong, but I think they were the first to report it. But, like you said, there is no indication that his shooting was politically motivated. It's not like he wrote a four page manifesto detailing why he was trying to kill a bunch of people like the guy in Texas did. Therefore, his political leanings are not the story.

Sometimes I think people like @m@mattsl1983 aren't interested in the truth. They're just interested in what they want to be the truth. He's not alone. That's why these opinion shows on Fox get such good ratings......despite force feeding garbage to their viewers on a nightly basis. 

It is interesting to note that Tucker announced he was abruptly going on a vacation the night after this episode aired. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    every fox news idiot goes on vacation right after something they say gets blasted. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD