Fox News

Comments

• Tomi Lahren actually denounced what happened yesterday.  Let me clarify that she denounced what the fringe did in storming the capitol.
    she didn't blame it on antifa?
    lol, no.  Where is everyone getting this from besides memes?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Tomi Lahren actually denounced what happened yesterday.  Let me clarify that she denounced what the fringe did in storming the capitol.
    She both sides it blaming leftist agitators as well plus her rhetoric plays a huge role in what happened yesterday. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited January 2021
    Tomi Lahren actually denounced what happened yesterday.  Let me clarify that she denounced what the fringe did in storming the capitol.
    admittedly, from twitter. however it wouldn't be odd for her to do that. she blames the sunset on antifa. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/trump-loyalists-push-evidence-free-claims-antifa-activists-fueled-mob-n1253176

actually, she kinda did:

What happened yesterday is not our President’s legacy. I am very disappointed in what occurred & disgusted with the Trump supporters (plus leftist agitators) who stained the movement. Nevertheless, the America First agenda presses on & we continue the hard work started by Trump.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• She is on FOX right now if u care to listen.
  • actually, she kinda did:

What happened yesterday is not our President’s legacy. I am very disappointed in what occurred & disgusted with the Trump supporters (plus leftist agitators) who stained the movement. Nevertheless, the America First agenda presses on & we continue the hard work started by Trump.
    She said that?  Damn I missed it.  TY.
    actually, she kinda did:

it's from a tweet i just looked up. direct quote. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• actually, she kinda did:

it's from a tweet i just looked up. direct quote. 
    Yes I saw that.  It most likely is from the interview on fox she was doing.  At least she didn't say Antifa, lol.
    there seems to be a clear message fox news is telling its pundits to convey here. every segment i've seen over the last few days, they are crying for unity, and for people from both sides to come together and start the dialogue again, to stop calling other parties "evil". um, I believe I have heard these fox news hosts calling the left evil on several occasions. this is laughable. and obviously is happening only because they are desperate now that they've lost all 3 chambers. 

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6220971886001#sp=show-clips
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    I got it from real news. Tucker said it. Dobbs said it. Hannity said it. Martha McCallum listened to it with no comment.

"we're hearing from people on the ground."

BTW - those fucks sure like their trump merch, don't they?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Wobbie said:

BTW - those fucks sure like their trump merch, don't they?

Yup. And the vast majority of it feature a tag that states: Made in China.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    focksnooze bases 100% of their "reporting" on five things. Not the 5 things you learn in Journalism School.
    Fear
    Hate
    Ignorance 
    Jealousy 
    Lies
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Scuttling the ship of those who don't do what they're told. Even though they were right about Arizona, they made Trumpers mad so they must go!

The Fox News executive who oversaw its election night “decision desk” is retiring at the end of the month, a move due in part to what Rupert Murdoch and other top network leaders viewed as a mishandling of the network’s early and controversial Arizona projection for Joe Biden.

Bill Sammon, 62, Fox News Channel’s senior vice president and managing editor in Washington, told staffers Monday morning about his planned retirement. His role will be absorbed by existing editorial staff members. A spokesperson declined to comment on the reason for his retirement.

Sammon previously worked as a White House correspondent for the Washington Times before joining Fox in 2009.

His announcement came as Fox laid off nearly 20 staffers Tuesday, including Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt, who worked on the decision desk with Sammon. Fox declined to comment specifically on Stirewalt, citing employee confidentiality. His departure shocked many inside the building who bemoaned the loss of a respected Washington voice at a time when the conservative-leaning network is navigating its future without President Trump in office.

In response to The Washington Post’s questions about the layoffs, a network spokesperson issued a statement saying that Fox News’s digital arm had “realigned its business and reporting structure to meet the demands of this new era” in the aftermath of the 2020 election cycle. “We are confident these changes will ensure the platform continues to deliver breakthrough reporting and insightful analysis surrounding major issues, both stateside and abroad.”

Stirewalt, a regular on-air presence, defended Fox’s election night projections after they came under question. “Arizona is doing just what we expected it to do, and we remain serene and pristine,” he said after the network made its call — the first strong indicator that Trump’s reelection hopes were imperiled after an evening of otherwise encouraging early results for the GOP. The Fox call enraged the Trump campaign and altered the narrative of election night media coverage.

While it ultimately proved to be correct, it led to several days of anxiety for Fox, as Biden’s margin over Trump in Arizona continued to narrow during a vote count slowed by the large number of mail-in ballots this year, and other media organizations held off on a decision.

Fox projected Biden’s win in Arizona at 11:20 p.m. on election night when only 73 percent of the vote had been reported. Yet the news was conveyed with little fanfare or preparation for the network’s on-air staff. No announcement was made until anchor Bill Hemmer, reviewing the latest status of an electoral map that was looking positive for Trump, glanced at the southwest, where the decision desk had left its yellow check mark on Arizona awarding the state to Biden.

Trump allies publicly voiced their displeasure with the network call, while others attempted to pressure Fox to abandon it. Even some of Fox’s opinion hosts cast doubt on the projection.

The Arizona call became a flash point among Trump supporters, some of whom threatened to abandon the network. Indeed, as the president continued his baseless attacks on the election results, smaller outlets such as Newsmax cornered the market on the story and saw big increases in their audience.

Murdoch, Fox News’s co-founder, has told colleagues that the way Fox handled the Arizona call caused reputational damage and cemented the view among some Trump supporters that the network is aligned against him. Even though Fox’s projection ended up being accurate, Murdoch has fretted that it was handled poorly.

Fox recently shook up its evening lineup, replacing former 7 p.m. news anchor Martha MacCallum with a rotating cast of opinion hosts. The move came as Fox’s ratings in that time slot had been outstripped by rivals.

While the decision desk is run by a contractor, Arnon Mishkin, who handled the statistical modeling of the desk, it fell to Sammon to determine editorially when Fox was ready to make its projection on air.

It was Sammon’s role that raised eyebrows in the aftermath of the call, Fox staffers told The Post. But it was Stirewalt’s dismissal that caused more consternation in the building, they said. “A major overreaction to Trump and the audience freakout,” said one staffer, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

Murdoch, whose family controls Fox’s parent company, has been taking a more active interest in its programming in the wake of the election. He was involved in the decision to move MacCallum and is said to be advocating for larger changes as the network navigates the Biden era. A Murdoch spokesperson did not return emails seeking comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/fox-news-stirewalt-sammon-murdoch-arizona/2021/01/19/a54e9f72-5a8f-11eb-a976-bad6431e03e2_story.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    how many times has fox talked about hunter biden this morning?

gonna get awfully tired of hearing that name from fox the next 4 years.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    how many times has fox talked about hunter biden this morning?

gonna get awfully tired of hearing that name from fox the next 4 years.
    great thing is, we no longer need to hear about it. just don't watch. it won't be on any mainstream news. i'm guessing with trump gone, CNN's George Costanza and that Keilar woman won't have to post daily rants about how shitty fox news is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    I got it from my best friend's wife who has morphed into a qanon nut the last few years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    all those soldiers in DC? per fox, they’re there so “you’ll do what the democrats say.” never mind the brain dead, pro -trump mob of two weeks ago.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    all those soldiers in DC? per fox, they’re there so “you’ll do what the democrats say.” never mind the brain dead, pro -trump mob of two weeks ago.
    They were there to enforce the unconstitutional mask mandate coming!
    Wobbie said:
    I hope you’re kidding.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited January 2021
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    I hope you’re kidding.
    Of course I was! 😆
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
    Fox finished behind both CNN and MSNBC last month for the first time in 20 years. To me this is another sign of the republican party splintering itself. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-ratings-free-fall-is-a-self-inflicted-wound-insiders-say

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Fox finished behind both CNN and MSNBC last month for the first time in 20 years. To me this is another sign of the republican party splintering itself. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-ratings-free-fall-is-a-self-inflicted-wound-insiders-say

Why watch fake news when you can get the truth on OAN and Newsmax?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Fox finished behind both CNN and MSNBC last month for the first time in 20 years. To me this is another sign of the republican party splintering itself. 

Why watch fake news when you can get the truth on OAN and Newsmax?
    Well apparently there are now a lot of folks upset with Newsmax for how they muzzled the pillow guy yesterday. I guess it's OAN and Facebook or bust now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate EWW and GROSS for beating out DISGUSTING.

this reminds me of the time Ron Burgundy and the channel 4 news team finished ahead of Wes Mantooth and the evening news team in the ratings. SUPER DUPER!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

this reminds me of the time Ron Burgundy and the channel 4 news team finished ahead of Wes Mantooth and the evening news team in the ratings. SUPER DUPER!!!
    "You dirtbags are in third place"
    chinese-happy.jpg

"You dirtbags are in third place"
    lol fox news is a bunch of dirtbags