Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 120
    The "forthcoming" post from last year is the perfect example of why the 10c doesn't need to say anything. Unless they are saying "its in production/shipping", anything else will be seen as a tease and be picked apart or misconstrued. The lack of info is actually all the info we need rn and says everything.

How about doing something to make up for it?  Hey ten club members, sorry we've neglected you for so long.  We're going to give you a few download codes (which cost us nothing) as a token of good will.  Or we'll gave you a discount on gift cards or at the shop.  Maybe that and an apology for starters.  At least DO SOMETHING.
    I feel bad for anyone that's just getting into Pearl Jam now (or got into them within the past five years) and joined the fanclub. They might feel like the whole thing's a scam. 
    The "forthcoming" post from last year is the perfect example of why the 10c doesn't need to say anything. Unless they are saying "its in production/shipping", anything else will be seen as a tease and be picked apart or misconstrued. The lack of info is actually all the info we need rn and says everything.

How about doing something to make up for it?  Hey ten club members, sorry we've neglected you for so long.  We're going to give you a few download codes (which cost us nothing) as a token of good will.  Or we'll gave you a discount on gift cards or at the shop.  Maybe that and an apology for starters.  At least DO SOMETHING.
    I feel bad for anyone that's just getting into Pearl Jam now (or got into them within the past five years) and joined the fanclub. They might feel like the whole thing's a scam. 
    Well, maybe I can answer that. Although I always liked them, especially Yield and Live on Two Legs and Binaural, I never really was a fan, until last year, after missing out on tickets for Berlin, I found bootlegs instead of tickets and really got into them, up to a point where it feels odd to listen to something else.

So I joined the ten club because I definitely want to see the next show in my area. As far as I remember, I did so shortly after they anounced the end of the single. I certainly don't think "this whole thing" (i.e. Pearl Jam? the ten club??) is a scam, that's just absurd. I think they're too lazy, and it got to a point where they know they can't win anyway, if the deliver the singles now, everybody will complain that they deserved someting better or more special after waiting so long. Same problem with the next album by the way...
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    rahjiim said:

Well, maybe I can answer that. Although I always liked them, especially Yield and Live on Two Legs and Binaural, I never really was a fan, until last year, after missing out on tickets for Berlin, I found bootlegs instead of tickets and really got into them, up to a point where it feels odd to listen to something else.

So I joined the ten club because I definitely want to see the next show in my area. As far as I remember, I did so shortly after they anounced the end of the single. I certainly don't think "this whole thing" (i.e. Pearl Jam? the ten club??) is a scam, that's just absurd. I think they're too lazy, and it got to a point where they know they can't win anyway, if the deliver the singles now, everybody will complain that they deserved someting better or more special after waiting so long. Same problem with the next album by the way...
    Nope, it's not the same problem with the next album.. Even if they said it was "forthcoming", we haven't paid money for it in advance to PJ/TC. If Lightning Bolt ended up to be their last record, the only thing we could do is feeling sad about it, and that's all. They don't owe us a new record. But they can't be justified by saying the same old line so popular on here, "Oh, the fans are never happy, they will bitch about anything anyway, so why even bother?" By that reasoning, we may actually never get the two singles they owe us. Also, I really don't expect nothing special with them.
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 120
    rahjiim said:

Nope, it's not the same problem with the next album.. Even if they said it was "forthcoming", we haven't paid money for it in advance to PJ/TC. If Lightning Bolt ended up to be their last record, the only thing we could do is feeling sad about it, and that's all. They don't owe us a new record. But they can't be justified by saying the same old line so popular on here, "Oh, the fans are never happy, they will bitch about anything anyway, so why even bother?" By that reasoning, we may actually never get the two singles they owe us. Also, I really don't expect nothing special with them.
    So your point ist is, they owe you nothing but these two singles. You don't have high expectations regarding them, but that's all they owe you from a legal standpoint, and so you stick to that?

Anyway, as somebody new, I don't think it's a scam. I do think they can't win whatever they do these days, there's bitching about everything, and I guess they know that.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    rahjiim said:
    rahjiim said:

So your point ist is, they owe you nothing but these two singles. You don't have high expectations regarding them, but that's all they owe you from a legal standpoint, and so you stick to that?

Anyway, as somebody new, I don't think it's a scam. I do think they can't win whatever they do these days, there's bitching about everything, and I guess they know that.

No need to be an apologist.

They could win by not taking ACTUAL YEARS (one year is 365 days) to fix things they are obliged to and promise as a part of their analog membership. 

And it's been, as someone pointed out, SEVEN MONTHS (one month is roughly 30 days) since the tenclub updated us on it.

No need to defend it. No need to be that kind of a fan. Kevin is better than Nick.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Sandkasten
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    rahjiim said:
    rahjiim said:

Scam may be too strong. But by your own explanation I say that easily qualifies as taking advantage of your customers. Would you not agree? You say they know they can get away with it, and that’s right. They maybe lost a few digital memberships to analog, but I bet their fan base is very large and still making a ton of money just off dues. And for someone who did it just mainly for the tickets will get the opportunity to buy tickets once every 3 or 4 years.

i would have no problem dropping my membership if I didn’t have a good number. I good really good seats to Chicago, but know lots of people who had terrible seats and would have been better off in the public sale. If they ever do away with seniority seating it would be an easy choice to drop my membership. I really don’t see the benefit to newer members.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    mace1229 said:
    rahjiim said:
    rahjiim said:

Scam may be too strong. But by your own explanation I say that easily qualifies as taking advantage of your customers. Would you not agree? You say they know they can get away with it, and that’s right. They maybe lost a few digital memberships to analog, but I bet their fan base is very large and still making a ton of money just off dues. And for someone who did it just mainly for the tickets will get the opportunity to buy tickets once every 3 or 4 years.

i would have no problem dropping my membership if I didn’t have a good number. I good really good seats to Chicago, but know lots of people who had terrible seats and would have been better off in the public sale. If they ever do away with seniority seating it would be an easy choice to drop my membership. I really don’t see the benefit to newer members.
    If they continue to have GA sections at shows, the ticket benefit is still pretty valuable to newer members.

With reserved seats, you *can* potentially get better sets through the presale but what are the chances that you *do*? I might be more willing to gamble if I was going to shows in the southeast vs. New York, for example. Bird in the hand and whatnot.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I enjoy reading how worked up alot of you are about these two singles.  
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    I honestly and sadly think that they just don't care anymore
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    PSUS2H said:
    I do think 10c cares, however I think the band has a lot of creative control on this and perhaps it is not as pressing to them right now.  10c is known for doing things the right way.  They'll happen eventually.  Don't fret. 
    your naïveté is quite refreshing.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    the cynicism is heartbreaking
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    kramer73 said:
    It’s not being worked up, it’s the fact that we paid for something and that product was never produced or delivered. We are going on years, not months that something that was paid for was never delivered and provided. Why don’t you send me $80 and I’ll send a promised product in a couple years when I’m ready. But don’t expect any communication from me and don’t ever ask about an update. Do you want my Venmo and you can send me the money? 
    What’s the product? 
    What’s the product? 
    No questions please, just sent me the money. But the product is from me and made by me. I’ll send it once a year but I just won’t specify what year. Send it now
    I get what you are doing and all, but this isn’t an apple to apples analogy here. 
    edited August 2019
    What’s the product? 
    No questions please, just sent me the money. But the product is from me and made by me. I’ll send it once a year but I just won’t specify what year. Send it now
    Deliver a superior product for 25 years and then I'll be happy to float you .001% of what I've spent already
    You guys are missing the point and you know I’m right
    People have a legitimate gripe, but it's a stupid analogy 
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    TheBibleIsTen? Must be hardcore fan. I'm with her/him. Why are we cutting PJ so much slack for this? If Walmart had promised us two vinyl singles would we be trying to rationalize the reason for not having received them? 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    kramer73 said:
    It’s not being worked up, it’s the fact that we paid for something and that product was never produced or delivered. We are going on years, not months that something that was paid for was never delivered and provided. Why don’t you send me $80 and I’ll send a promised product in a couple years when I’m ready. But don’t expect any communication from me and don’t ever ask about an update. Do you want my Venmo and you can send me the money? 
    To me it's not about being owed as much as it is sad that this is not an active band
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    NewJPage said:
    kramer73 said:
    To me it's not about being owed as much as it is sad that this is not an active band
    If you can travel to see this band every year then it is still an active band as you can see shows at least every two years.  If not, move on.
    pjl44 said:
    People have a legitimate gripe, but it's a stupid analogy 
    It’s not a stupid analogy, it’s what I thought you could understand. Haha
    pjl44 said:
    What’s the product? 
    Deliver a superior product for 25 years and then I'll be happy to float you .001% of what I've spent already
    So if a company has been around for 25 years they can charge you for a paid for product but they don’t have to deliver it or provide it and that’s ok with you? Wow, that’s weird. So JCpenny has been delivering a superior products for 25 plus years. Just order $80 worth of products off their website and when they don’t deliver just don’t ask any questions or expect any communication from them . I’m sure you will be fine with that
    pjl44 said:
    What’s the product? 
    So if a company has been around for 25 years they can charge you for a paid for product but they don’t have to deliver it or provide it and that’s ok with you? Wow, that’s weird. So JCpenny has been delivering a superior products for 25 plus years. Just order $80 worth of products off their website and when they don’t deliver just don’t ask any questions or expect any communication from them . I’m sure you will be fine with that
    No. I'm only talking about how I'm handling it. If someone is upset enough about the situation that they're requesting a refund from the Ten Club, I think they're well within their rights. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate everyone 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Pearl Jam is still around?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What’s the product? 
    No. I'm only talking about how I'm handling it. If someone is upset enough about the situation that they're requesting a refund from the Ten Club, I think they're well within their rights. 
    I think you made a great point.  Anyone so unhappy about the missing single has a few options. 

1.  Request a refund
    2.  Terminate their membership
    3. File a complaint with the Washington state consumer protection.

Complaining endlessly on a message board has proven to be ineffective.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    It really is insane though.  1/1,000 of the effort Mike has done on this Color and Sound Project  would take care of a fan club single.  
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What’s the product? 
    I think you made a great point.  Anyone so unhappy about the missing single has a few options. 

1.  Request a refund
    2.  Terminate their membership
    3. File a complaint with the Washington state consumer protection.

Complaining endlessly on a message board has proven to be ineffective.  
    Yeah, to use the JC Penney example, that's how you'd handle it, right?

It's a little bit trickier with the Ten Club membership because they've technically fulfilled most of what's included. Especially if you've ordered tickets, downloaded a bootleg, and/or had your tshirt shipped.

I agree with your overall point in that if I'm going to get mad about something it's only in conjunction with some sort of action. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    nicknyr15 said:
    Pearl Jam is still around?
    Nah, their posters and merch is pretty much it these days
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
This discussion has been closed.