Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    Something I've been noticing, and yes people weigh a lot of stock in this, that politicians aren't wearing the flag pins any more.

Republicans notice this and make light of it every chance that they can.

These 4 need to wear a flag pin.

What country's flag should they wear - the US or one from the countries Trump believe they come from? :P

(How many other countries politicians wear their nations flag on them? Case in point for another thread.)
    North Korea’, Philippines’, Saudi Arabia’s or Russia’s would all be good choices, me thinks.

I have noticed that people from other countries are really proud of their flags here.  Well in NY at least.
    This is true. 

And guess what...I was in Germany for about a week and I saw....GERMAN FLAGS!!!!  On houses...on cars...even a pretty damn big one on the back of some ladies bike (with an attached cart).  Drove a bunch.  Frankfort, down the western side, southern area and back up.  German flags were way more noticeable than I was led to believe!
    Interesting.  I was reading an article that was from an English person and no one wears them but during World Cup time, if that's true.

In Barbados they love their flag and colors.

In Iraq quite a few places fly their countries flags too.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    Something I've been noticing, and yes people weigh a lot of stock in this, that politicians aren't wearing the flag pins any more.

What country's flag should they wear - the US or one from the countries Trump believe they come from? :P

(How many other countries politicians wear their nations flag on them? Case in point for another thread.)
    North Korea’, Philippines’, Saudi Arabia’s or Russia’s would all be good choices, me thinks.

I have noticed that people from other countries are really proud of their flags here.  Well in NY at least.
    I've seen this at Pearl Jam shows. It often blocks my view.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I've seen this at Pearl Jam shows. It often blocks my view.
    I'm not a fan of flags/signs at shows.  That is another thread too.

• Options

This is true. 

And guess what...I was in Germany for about a week and I saw....GERMAN FLAGS!!!!  On houses...on cars...even a pretty damn big one on the back of some ladies bike (with an attached cart).  Drove a bunch.  Frankfort, down the western side, southern area and back up.  German flags were way more noticeable than I was led to believe!
    I was in Germany for about a week. And this is BS in relations to the US. Fo sho. The sho is of the fo on that one.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    But ofc, if it is needed than AOC should put that pin on here and use the biggest of anyone in congress.

Just an observation.
  • Options
    But ofc, if it is needed than AOC should put that pin on here and use the biggest of anyone in congress.
    It would stop a lot of "she hates America" ire.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637

This is true. 

I was in Germany for about a week. And this is BS in relations to the US. Fo sho. The sho is of the fo on that one.
    So you managed to travel the whole of the US and did a flag per capita comparison? Can we see the data?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

So you managed to travel the whole of the US and did a flag per capita comparison? Can we see the data?
    Yes you can.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Having never been to Germany I would defend his statements.  Just come to one of my family gatherings or the block I just moved to.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Having never been to Germany I would defend his statements.  Just come to one of my family gatherings or the block I just moved to.
    Zero in my neighborhood, except on the 4th.  Bunch of UVA and Vtech flags though. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Zero in my neighborhood, except on the 4th.  Bunch of UVA and Vtech flags though. 
    Being in NY and having so many fireman, police officers around and being middle class we get a bunch of it.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    What really pisses me off about this latest round of "Who's the Better American?" is that it started with a vote on a specific piece of legislation that the vast majority of us know nothing about. What were the details in that bill? Why did its sponsors think it would help? Why did people vote for or against it? Did it even pass? I know these four voted against it, not sure why. I then learned 95 other Democrats voted against it, which means many Dems did. Don't know why. Don't even know if my own representative voted for or against it. I don't know if there were amendments offered. I don't know anything, including when this vote even took place. All I know is that for about a week now, four people called Nancy Pelosi a racist. Then some people said she's not. Then the president tweeted. Then some said he shouldn't have tweeted while others are defending his right to tweet. That's what I know. 
    Just imagine if those four ladies had gone to whatever convention they were at and discussed the specifics of the bill, their position on it, their alternative, and left all the racist/anti-Pelosi rhetoric out of it. Would we be further along in our solving this problem than we are now? How many more weeks are we going to give air to deciding who is more racist than whom?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Yes you can.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Yes you can.

Send me 20 dollars in an envelope, and you will get it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Yes you can.

I know you're used to getting free money, but there's a line.  We'll just call it bullshit and be done with it.  
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114

This is true. 

So my experience was BS?  Interesting.  Thanks for telling me what I saw
    “The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

I'm unsure at the comparison between Germany and US.  It seems that if you are in a smaller town with actual houses and land vs cities this is far more true though.  Very few places to hang a flag in a city anywhere ;)

Trying to remember Prague.  I saw Czech flags but mostly on hotels I think.  It's a city though and full of tourists so has an effect.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

This is true. 

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

I'm unsure at the comparison between Germany and US.  It seems that if you are in a smaller town with actual houses and land vs cities this is far more true though.  Very few places to hang a flag in a city anywhere ;)

Trying to remember Prague.  I saw Czech flags but mostly on hotels I think.  It's a city though and full of tourists so has an effect.

I always liked the old political saying.. "who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"
  • Options
    edited July 2019

This is true. 

Now, I think you are puffing up your flag-spotting like Trump puffs up inaugural crowds. or you hanged around in touristshops. Hotels are ofc one place where there often are flags, wherever you go:

Grand Hotel in Stockholm - look we even give our props to your nice little country:

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Yes you can.

Wait, are we talking about bootlegged pj shirts or data?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

This is true. 

Now, I think you are puffing up your flag-spotting like Trump puffs up inaugural crowds. or you hanged around in touristshops. Hotels are ofc one place where there often are flags, wherever you go:

Grand Hotel in Stockholm - look we even give our props to your nice little country:

Maybe read what I wrote again.  And see if I said anything of the sort of what you are trying to imply.  Seriously wtf is wrong with you? I was sharing what I saw. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is true. 

Yes you can.

Wait, are we talking about bootlegged pj shirts or data?

He can get the data, and a "Scandinavian Pearl jam group"-sticker.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    my anecdotal evidence is better than your anecdotal evidence.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    I know u are but what am I?
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    That's actually pretty funny.  Except I didn't say anything except what I saw and the flags were more prevalent than I was led to believe. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    I know u are but what am I?
    https://youtu.be/TxbVdqm6iaE
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If you keep stooping to Trump's level and continue this spat she is not much better...the difference is Trump enjoys this and it is a game to Trump.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    If you keep stooping to Trump's level and continue this spat she is not much better...the difference is Trump enjoys this and it is a game to Trump.
    Dis she stoop to his level though? What is his level? And how come she is down on it?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    There’s actually some similarities between Trump and AOC. They’re both kinda flipping their respective parties on their heads. They both play the race card (AOC saying Pelosi was taliking down on “women of color” when their color played no role at all, and Trump..well it goes without saying all the racial bullshit he spews). They’re both social media obsessed. They both love memes. They both pander to the extremes of their bases (white supremacists for Trump, illegal aliens for AOC). They both come off more as performance artists than elected officials. Lots of common ground. Maybe they’d get along if they ever had a sit-down. Who knows? Maybe she could be Trump’s 4th wife. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Trump. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    There’s actually some similarities between Trump and AOC. They’re both kinda flipping their respective parties on their heads. They both play the race card (AOC saying Pelosi was taliking down on “women of color” when their color played no role at all, and Trump..well it goes without saying all the racial bullshit he spews). They’re both social media obsessed. They both love memes. They both pander to the extremes of their bases (white supremacists for Trump, illegal aliens for AOC). They both come off more as performance artists than elected officials. Lots of common ground. Maybe they’d get along if they ever had a sit-down. Who knows? Maybe she could be Trump’s 4th wife. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Trump. 
    LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…