Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    So, some folks don’t seem to understand “white privilege” or “institutional racism.” That’s okay. They might not also understand the demographics of the districts represented by the Insurgent Four. That’s okay too, neither do I. But, I’m going to look into it because I’m thinking they’re representing their constituents. I know, oh the horror! The “Others” being elected and representing.

AOC being compared to TeamTrump Treason? Please. You can argue the method of communication but can you argue the substance of the argument or grievance? Take Twitter out of it. Can you?

Biden/Harris

Yes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited July 2019
    Smellyman said:
    Somebody who gives a shit and fights for the 90% of the USA.  Keep it up AOC

https://youtu.be/IYj2hex99gY
    I've hungered for your........ Green New Deal
    Post edited by RYME on
    Green New Deal $600,000 per household yeah you keep it up AOC.
    https://youtu.be/jCVizyK5A54
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    I suggest you point to any quality of life metric where the US beats Sweden. With you calling Sweden  a "second rate" country and all.

To add to your pic!
    Oh man, your making it a tough choice.  Either,

a)  Swedish style:  that pickled herring dish in cream sauce that can cause instant, massive hurling to the uninitiated, or...
    b)  American style:  ground and blended animal parts high in saturated fats that will later bloom into massive hemorrhoids and clogged arteries.

In other words, if I had to choose, would I take food that will punish my body up front and fast or slow and delayed?  Oh man, just give me a damn beer and let me watch the game.  I'll eat when I get home!  :lol:
    1st rate hemorrhoids and clogged arteries ;). No one will argue that we have way better beer too!  All of these “quality of life” things are adding up!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    RYME said:
    Totally couldn’t afford that on Swedish wages...wait, we couldn’t afford that on American wages either!  
    Btw, that dude is such a racist who is obviously 100% anti-woman /s
    RYME said:
    Is this The Onion?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    RYME said:
    Is this The Onion?
    Sadly no.  Just some crazy where RYME gets his news from
    Are you like saying that guy is full of s***?
    That like makes you racist.
    Everything AOC says is onion worthey.
    No she didn't know what I garbage disposal was.
    Like what did he say that was like antiwonan?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    brianlux said:
    I suggest you point to any quality of life metric where the US beats Sweden. With you calling Sweden  a "second rate" country and all.

Thank you for helping prove my point that mrussel has nothing to stand on with his BS. 

Sweden blows.. that's why you spend your day here.  It's patently obvious.  
    So, some folks don’t seem to understand “white privilege” or “institutional racism.” That’s okay. They might not also understand the demographics of the districts represented by the Insurgent Four. That’s okay too, neither do I. But, I’m going to look into it because I’m thinking they’re representing their constituents. I know, oh the horror! The “Others” being elected and representing.

AOC being compared to TeamTrump Treason? Please. You can argue the method of communication but can you argue the substance of the argument or grievance? Take Twitter out of it. Can you?

Biden/Harris

Pelosi has always told her caucus to "vote your district".  She has said that multiple times even this session.  Her issue on this front is certain members taking to Twitter to publicly insult members of the caucus.  Can't do that.  These moderates are always vulnerable.  They need to vote their district too.  
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Thank you for helping prove my point that mrussel has nothing to stand on with his BS. 

I’m going to take the family to the lake this weekend to play on the wakeboards and do some fishing...same thing I do every other weekend during the summer.  Man, the quality of life sure sucks for us overworked Americans...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed out loud to this, hahahahahaha!!!!

This was funny.

TY

SC you know I love you too though, right?
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I’m going to take the family to the lake this weekend to play on the wakeboards and do some fishing...same thing I do every other weekend during the summer.  Man, the quality of life sure sucks for us overworked Americans...
    I'll be at the country club, trying to get my youngest to take golf seriously.  There are so many scholarships available for female golfers due to title IX.  She loves diving though.  Won her meet yesterday for the first time, after not practicing for two weeks because of a broken wrist.  She got it set within an hour of breaking it at the pediatric orthopedic.  It's hell here, I'll tell ya.  
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

So point to any quality of life metric where the US beats Sweden. With you calling Sweden  a "second rate" country and all.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

If you gotta come to a band website and constantly thump your chest, like sweden does....perhaps the couyntry aint so great...

But your post is funny.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    So, I like AOC, I do.

The Green New Deal is a pipe dream but dream big, right?

She can come off as pompous some time and for whatever reason it is a focal point to ANYONE that isn't in favor for her.

Someone mentioned that she is voting for her constituents, and she is, for her district.  So when she votes it is for her district and not the rest of the burro, city, state.   This will get her re-elected but I am still not sure of her future as a politician going any further?

Ruffle some feathers though, make some noise.  Good for her.

I do criticize some things she says but I do like her.

Fight on AOC, just don't throw out the bay w the bathwater.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:

Biden/Harris

Pelosi has always told her caucus to "vote your district".  She has said that multiple times even this session.  Her issue on this front is certain members taking to Twitter to publicly insult members of the caucus.  Can't do that.  These moderates are always vulnerable.  They need to vote their district too.  
    Street runs both ways, Pelosi giving that "whatever" interview showed poor leadership.
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I'll be at the country club, trying to get my youngest to take golf seriously.  There are so many scholarships available for female golfers due to title IX.  She loves diving though.  Won her meet yesterday for the first time, after not practicing for two weeks because of a broken wrist.  She got it set within an hour of breaking it at the pediatric orthopedic.  It's hell here, I'll tell ya.  
    Oh God!  How do you withstand the suffering!
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden/Harris

Street runs both ways, Pelosi giving that "whatever" interview showed poor leadership.
    I actually think that was deliberate to draw fire at her, and away from the other members.  Yes, it bothered the 'squad', but the rest of the caucus sees it differently I would think.  I know I would.  
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    So, I like AOC, I do.

She can come off as pompous some time and for whatever reason it is a focal point to ANYONE that isn't in favor for her.

Someone mentioned that she is voting for her constituents, and she is, for her district.  So when she votes it is for her district and not the rest of the burro, city, state.   This will get her re-elected but I am still not sure of her future as a politician going any further?

Anyone who thinks she's in politics for the long haul is as snowed by her as her constituents are stupid.  

Can't wait for it - maybe she'll run once more not to be quite as obvious - but she will leave as "frustrated by the system," garbage, garbage, garbage, then make millions off the very constituents who are too stupid to realize it's all been a game from the beginning.  See: Sharpton, Al (who finally found a comfortable landing spot being Deblasio's puppeteer and driving NYC back into the days of Dinkins).  She played her cards right up front whining about getting her first job and not being able to afford an apartment like every other 20 something that is moving out on their own for the first time (I know - she had her own ApartmentSSSSSS - yes, plural - don't focus on the sideshow - stick with it - the point is fairly obvious).  She's in it for the money. Just like everyone else.  Ask Bernie - how much of his millions did he give to his fellow Vermonters to help them out however little that would be when divvied up among the 15 of them?  Or, Al Gore - who wants everyone else to cut their use of carbon, but instead of doing that himself, paid others to do it for him.

The only stupidity in what she's doing now is by pulling the race card on Pelosi (yikes!!! Really?  lol.) she forced Pelosi to expose her and her friends for what they are - internet blowhards that don't know how people really think. They think b/c on the web, media pulls the race card the moment anyone doesn't do something there way, that's how everyone thinks.  Keep it up. Your naivety is kind of cute.  Did you find the Pentagon money yet?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Look into Caddying.  Tons of schollys.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    edited July 2019
    So, I like AOC, I do.

Anyone who thinks she's in politics for the long haul is as snowed by her as her constituents are stupid.  

Can't wait for it - maybe she'll run once more not to be quite as obvious - but she will leave as "frustrated by the system," garbage, garbage, garbage, then make millions off the very constituents who are too stupid to realize it's all been a game from the beginning.  See: Sharpton, Al (who finally found a comfortable landing spot being Deblasio's puppeteer and driving NYC back into the days of Dinkins).  She played her cards right up front whining about getting her first job and not being able to afford an apartment like every other 20 something that is moving out on their own for the first time (I know - she had her own ApartmentSSSSSS - yes, plural - don't focus on the sideshow - stick with it - the point is fairly obvious).  She's in it for the money. Just like everyone else.  Ask Bernie - how much of his millions did he give to his fellow Vermonters to help them out however little that would be when divvied up among the 15 of them?  Or, Al Gore - who wants everyone else to cut their use of carbon, but instead of doing that himself, paid others to do it for him.

The only stupidity in what she's doing now is by pulling the race card on Pelosi (yikes!!! Really?  lol.) she forced Pelosi to expose her and her friends for what they are - internet blowhards that don't know how people really think. They think b/c on the web, media pulls the race card the moment anyone doesn't do something there way, that's how everyone thinks.  Keep it up. Your naivety is kind of cute.  Did you find the Pentagon money yet?
    so be ause of that she'll seek to stick around for 5 terms. If she can , pensions available.......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I feel like this is sarcasm. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    So, I like AOC, I do.

I agree with every word of this except for the premise: that she won't be in politics for the long haul. While I totally see where you're coming from, you know how some of these congressional districts work. Especially the ones that are super-liberal or super-conservative. Some people get in and stay in for decades. Look at Maxine Waters who has been in the Congress since 1991. Certainly no Republican can beat AOC in her district. And for a Democrat to unseat her in that district, that person might have to be even more far-left that her. So.....an ANTIFA candidate maybe?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Its actually not. Had someone I know tell me about it a while  ago. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Its actually not. Had someone I know tell me about it a while  ago. 

Yep. Suck up to Judge Smails, she'll be a shoe in....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden/Harris

I actually think that was deliberate to draw fire at her, and away from the other members.  Yes, it bothered the 'squad', but the rest of the caucus sees it differently I would think.  I know I would.  
    It seemed careless and instead of putting out a fire she threw gas on it.

I like Pelosi, but I'm my opinion she has made a few unforced errors this past month.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks like aoc is getting sued!  Didn’t trump do something like this?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited July 2019
    The no1 suing-nation in the world. 

Coffee to hot? Sue.
    AOC makes to much sense? Sue.
    Peter and Ace not being brought back for the second farewell tour? sue.
    Pearl Jam putting Cant Deny me on the album? Sue.