Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe I'm particularly sensitive to this because there are people I used to respect who showed their ass publicly multiple times during this administration. Rand Paul is a perfect example. If he runs for President in 4 years or whatever, I want journalists (or someone) to pull that shit out, put it in front of him, and ask him to explain it.
    And you think those words and public statements are going to go missing?
    I mean...are you talking about the internet archive? Again, I think you're taking what she said too literally. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe I'm particularly sensitive to this because there are people I used to respect who showed their ass publicly multiple times during this administration. Rand Paul is a perfect example. If he runs for President in 4 years or whatever, I want journalists (or someone) to pull that shit out, put it in front of him, and ask him to explain it.
    I mean...are you talking about the internet archive? Again, I think you're taking what she said too literally. 
    Why would one be figurative about something so Orwellian and polarizing.  Again,  how does this expand the Democratic majority?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Look, I have beef with the woman's policy positions, but I totally understand what she's saying here
    That’s understandable.  It’s funny how after 4 years of outright hate pouring from the Republican Party, suddenly holding them accountable is being drafted into intolerance and hate crimes...how about if they wouldn’t have sucked Donald’s farts so hard they wouldn’t even have anything to worry about.
    What about the whole concept of allowing people to change and grow as humans? Particularly non politicians which is the risk of this "project" as well.  I don't like it.  It feels draconian. 

Lot of room for growth here I’d say.  Can’t wait to not hold people like this guy and Lindsey flimsey or Moscow Mitch accountable in the name of personal growth.  If people like this “ change” it’s surface level and in name only, sending the monster under the surface. Give them another Trump to rally around and the monster will come back.  Trump isn’t even gone yet and you can rest assured that these people haven’t magically started looking inward to personal growth.
    One person does not make a strategy or a database.  Graham and other elected officials should absolutely be held accountable.  But that's not what I'm talking about and what I would be concerned about.  Imagine a low level staffer in the Trump admin.  They have a poli sci degree and got a job in the admin and it was a great opportunity to start a career.  Should they really be blackballed or name in a db because they worked as a staffer?  I'm not talking about Stephen Miller here.  What about a person that doesn't wear a shirt like that and actually does come to support equality (like Obama eventually did).  Name in a db?  No fucking way.  It's Orwellian.  
    Proof of action.  Not empty words.  She isn’t talking about camps she is talking about holding people accountable that try to distance themselves.  It’s one thing for a person to own up to a fault and work at it it’s another to ignore it completely.  You want to come back from trump you had better work for it. Using your polo s I degree to help the administration is just another way to support the racism and hate ie you therefore become a racist by default.   We literally were in a position of authoritarian March to facism, and you think a list to be used to hold people accountable is t same thing? Give me a break.  You are just using this to paint AOC in a bad light, if Nancy pelosi called to hold trump supporters accountable you would be all for it.  I mean weren’t some of the people that spent their entire life attacking Hillary Clinton just low level Nixon staffers at one time that no one held accountable for their corruption etc.  I admire anyone that puts in the work and claws their way from trumpism and I’m sure AOC does/will too.  Anyone that tries to pretend that wasn’t a chapter of their life and tries to go forward wothout acknowledging and doing something about it. Sorry hard pass.  It is absolutely necessary to hold people that supported this facist racist authoritarian accountable everyday!
    If Pelosi called for the same,  I would never agree with it.  I'm not a hack or a follower.  My respect for Pelosi is about the way she has managed the speakership, not necessarily policy wise.  

So using my example of a staffer in the admin, do you think they should be in this database and what should be done with that info?  Should corporations be pressured not to hire that person because of that employment?
    Should corporations be pressured not to hire racists? Yes yes they should.
    Sorry, that's just a horrible policy and if that's the way of the party,  I'll be exiting. It's guilt by association and if Trump people did the same,  you would scream fascism.  Hold people accountable for what THEY say. It's despicable and appalling. I know lots of Trump voters who are good people.  I work with them.  They're misinformed,  but it's not like they deserve to be impoverished.  I mean seriously.... is this a fucking joke?
    There are currently 70 million known jokes out there and not hiring racists isn’t one.  Are you saying Trump is not worse than AOC? I mean what are you getting at here really? Did Trump have a list, the guy didn’t need one.  He made out that everyone that wasn’t in his cult was the enemy. And 70 million activated and engaged supporters still believe it and aren’t willing to accept the election results. AOC asking to hold high level staffers and donors accountable is somehow worse? Give me a break, I know you don’t like her, but don’t bend over backwards into the right wing talking points making her comments out to be something that they are not. 
    I asked you specifically about low level staffers and you said they should be in the same boat.  I drew a distinction between the elected officials and Stephen Miller and you did not. 
    Again supporting that administration in anyway should mean that people are held accountable.Do I give more leeway to undereducated uninformed people. Well yes I am from deep poverty deep red northern Michigan and but for the grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster I have not become a raving MAGA lunatic.  For better or worse these are my people and I interact with them regularly.  Do I think there is a chance in hell of them growing from this experience hell no they will likely hide it until they get a chance to let it out again. Should people that knowingly worked for and advanced the agenda of one Donald j Trump down to the lowest level staffer be held accountable everyday of the week?  Well absolutely.
    So the voters are complicit too, right? Add them to the list? And i should take Trump literally but not AOC?  OK.
    Yea the voters are complicit in trump.  There was a chance to repudiate that a couple days ago.  No one is callin for voters to be added to a database or list. Some right wing democratic establishment fever dream of AOC as hitler is making that fiction up.  The stated purpose of the database that isn’t AOCs but a former Obama staffer, is to hold Trump associates staff members and accountable. Still not seeing this as a bad thing. I get it you don’t like AOC. There is nothing nefarious about holding political operatives and staffers accountable to their support of trump especially when they try to backpedal on it in the future, which they will.  I think it’s ridiculous that people are spending more time trashing the squad who helped bring the disaffected left back to the polls to defeat trump, than they are trashing the people that still aren’t accepting the results of the election. Whatever floats your boat I guess.  But anything talking about or employing someone is nothing but speculation designed to make AOC look like some nefarious character, which she is not and spins a false narrative.  The purpose of archiving the tweets and statements is stated as holding political operatives accountable. And again AOC doesn’t even have a database or list she just asked people to record those tweets so we can hold them accountable in the future ala Lindsey Graham use my words against me.  
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Still waiting for clarification from AOC, but I had a good laugh at an article railing against the lists/archives that went on at length about the Trump Accountability Project...but the wrong one, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Still waiting for clarification from AOC, but I had a good laugh at an article railing against the lists/archives that went on at length about the Trump Accountability Project...but the wrong one, lol.
    Yeah and I’m waiting on Joe Biden for clarification on the hit job that the New York Post ran on his family...wait no I’m not because the New York post is not a reliable or trustworthy news source and exists to spread right wing propaganda.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited November 2020
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Look, I have beef with the woman's policy positions, but I totally understand what she's saying here
    That’s understandable.  It’s funny how after 4 years of outright hate pouring from the Republican Party, suddenly holding them accountable is being drafted into intolerance and hate crimes...how about if they wouldn’t have sucked Donald’s farts so hard they wouldn’t even have anything to worry about.
    What about the whole concept of allowing people to change and grow as humans? Particularly non politicians which is the risk of this "project" as well.  I don't like it.  It feels draconian. 

Lot of room for growth here I’d say.  Can’t wait to not hold people like this guy and Lindsey flimsey or Moscow Mitch accountable in the name of personal growth.  If people like this “ change” it’s surface level and in name only, sending the monster under the surface. Give them another Trump to rally around and the monster will come back.  Trump isn’t even gone yet and you can rest assured that these people haven’t magically started looking inward to personal growth.
    One person does not make a strategy or a database.  Graham and other elected officials should absolutely be held accountable.  But that's not what I'm talking about and what I would be concerned about.  Imagine a low level staffer in the Trump admin.  They have a poli sci degree and got a job in the admin and it was a great opportunity to start a career.  Should they really be blackballed or name in a db because they worked as a staffer?  I'm not talking about Stephen Miller here.  What about a person that doesn't wear a shirt like that and actually does come to support equality (like Obama eventually did).  Name in a db?  No fucking way.  It's Orwellian.  
    Proof of action.  Not empty words.  She isn’t talking about camps she is talking about holding people accountable that try to distance themselves.  It’s one thing for a person to own up to a fault and work at it it’s another to ignore it completely.  You want to come back from trump you had better work for it. Using your polo s I degree to help the administration is just another way to support the racism and hate ie you therefore become a racist by default.   We literally were in a position of authoritarian March to facism, and you think a list to be used to hold people accountable is t same thing? Give me a break.  You are just using this to paint AOC in a bad light, if Nancy pelosi called to hold trump supporters accountable you would be all for it.  I mean weren’t some of the people that spent their entire life attacking Hillary Clinton just low level Nixon staffers at one time that no one held accountable for their corruption etc.  I admire anyone that puts in the work and claws their way from trumpism and I’m sure AOC does/will too.  Anyone that tries to pretend that wasn’t a chapter of their life and tries to go forward wothout acknowledging and doing something about it. Sorry hard pass.  It is absolutely necessary to hold people that supported this facist racist authoritarian accountable everyday!
    If Pelosi called for the same,  I would never agree with it.  I'm not a hack or a follower.  My respect for Pelosi is about the way she has managed the speakership, not necessarily policy wise.  

So using my example of a staffer in the admin, do you think they should be in this database and what should be done with that info?  Should corporations be pressured not to hire that person because of that employment?
    Sorry, that's just a horrible policy and if that's the way of the party,  I'll be exiting. It's guilt by association and if Trump people did the same,  you would scream fascism.  Hold people accountable for what THEY say. It's despicable and appalling. I know lots of Trump voters who are good people.  I work with them.  They're misinformed,  but it's not like they deserve to be impoverished.  I mean seriously.... is this a fucking joke?
    There are currently 70 million known jokes out there and not hiring racists isn’t one.  Are you saying Trump is not worse than AOC? I mean what are you getting at here really? Did Trump have a list, the guy didn’t need one.  He made out that everyone that wasn’t in his cult was the enemy. And 70 million activated and engaged supporters still believe it and aren’t willing to accept the election results. AOC asking to hold high level staffers and donors accountable is somehow worse? Give me a break, I know you don’t like her, but don’t bend over backwards into the right wing talking points making her comments out to be something that they are not. 
    I asked you specifically about low level staffers and you said they should be in the same boat.  I drew a distinction between the elected officials and Stephen Miller and you did not. 
    Again supporting that administration in anyway should mean that people are held accountable.Do I give more leeway to undereducated uninformed people. Well yes I am from deep poverty deep red northern Michigan and but for the grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster I have not become a raving MAGA lunatic.  For better or worse these are my people and I interact with them regularly.  Do I think there is a chance in hell of them growing from this experience hell no they will likely hide it until they get a chance to let it out again. Should people that knowingly worked for and advanced the agenda of one Donald j Trump down to the lowest level staffer be held accountable everyday of the week?  Well absolutely.
    So the voters are complicit too, right? Add them to the list? And i should take Trump literally but not AOC?  OK.
    Yea the voters are complicit in trump.  There was a chance to repudiate that a couple days ago.  No one is callin for voters to be added to a database or list. Some right wing democratic establishment fever dream of AOC as hitler is making that fiction up.  The stated purpose of the database that isn’t AOCs but a former Obama staffer, is to hold Trump associates staff members and accountable. Still not seeing this as a bad thing. I get it you don’t like AOC. There is nothing nefarious about holding political operatives and staffers accountable to their support of trump especially when they try to backpedal on it in the future, which they will.  I think it’s ridiculous that people are spending more time trashing the squad who helped bring the disaffected left back to the polls to defeat trump, than they are trashing the people that still aren’t accepting the results of the election. Whatever floats your boat I guess.  But anything talking about or employing someone is nothing but speculation designed to make AOC look like some nefarious character, which she is not and spins a false narrative.  The purpose of archiving the tweets and statements is stated as holding political operatives accountable. And again AOC doesn’t even have a database or list she just asked people to record those tweets so we can hold them accountable in the future ala Lindsey Graham use my words against me.  

AOC does spin a false narrative. Progressives are calling on  Biden to use emergency spending powers to give socialized healthcare because  of covid and will tear this country apart

Her claim that she could have saved already moderate dem seats by converting them into progressive candidate is useless. Holding safe blue seats with progressive candidates is useless.

if AOC wants to be taken seriously, go out and win some red senate seats in 2022. Go out and flip some red house districts. Until then AOC, you are a fraud and a traitor to the Democratic Party.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

AOC does spin a false narrative. Progressives are calling on  Biden to use emergency spending powers to give socialized healthcare because  of covid and will tear this country apart

Her claim that she could have saved already moderate dem seats by converting them into progressive candidate is useless. Holding safe blue seats with progressive candidates is useless.

if AOC wants to be taken seriously, go out and win some red senate seats in 2022. Go out and flip some red house districts. Until then AOC, you are a fraud and a traitor to the Democratic Party.
    Speaking of extreme positions. I hope the AMT extreme police is gonna call you out.

Actually, maybe this  makes me part of the extreme police for already calling you out. This is your first citation.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Socialized healthcare would destroy America in a way Trump never could? 🙄 Canadians, Europeans care to weigh in?  I’d like to see this go to ballot nationwide, I think some people would be very surprised just how popular single payer/socialized/universal healthcare would be.  Traitor to the Democratic Party oh Lloyd 🙄 someone that has energized progressives and brings a multicultural coalition and young people that otherwise wouldn’t be engaged to the Democrat party...what a traitor.   Hey everyone it turns out trump wasn’t the real problem, it was the squad all along.  I can’t help but laugh.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Socialized healthcare would destroy America in a way Trump never could? 🙄 Canadians, Europeans care to weigh in?  I’d like to see this go to ballot nationwide, I think some people would be very surprised just how popular single payer/socialized/universal healthcare would be.  Traitor to the Democratic Party oh Lloyd 🙄 someone that has energized progressives and brings a multicultural coalition and young people that otherwise wouldn’t be engaged to the Democrat party...what a traitor.   Hey everyone it turns out trump wasn’t the real problem, it was the squad all along.  I can’t help but laugh.

tear this country apart”

Please quote me accurately, thanks.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

“ tear this country apart”

Please quote me accurately, thanks.
    I don't think medicare choice will tear this country apart.  I mean if you literally banned private, employer based insurance on day one...yes that would be very polarizing because you know there will be several years of administrative problems with medicare.  So you would want people who WANT to be on that plan to pave the path.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Speaking of extreme positions. I hope the AMT extreme police is gonna call you out.

Actually, maybe this  makes me part of the extreme police for already calling you out. This is your first citation.

We were fractions of a penny of watching a trumponian celebration in our streets unlike any we have ever seen. Pollsters and pundits would have been proven to be fake news even further.

My suburban community in a safe blue state was flooded with trump parades yesterday. The progressives and their media loonies told us we were gettin a suburban blue wave and Instead we are still getting trump caravans.

AOC sanders et al, prove your concept in red America. Cannibalizing safe dem seats proves zero. Had a republican spoke out against their party like AOC has the last 2 says, she would have been expelled from the party.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

We were fractions of a penny of watching a trumponian celebration in our streets unlike any we have ever seen. Pollsters and pundits would have been proven to be fake news even further.

My suburban community in a safe blue state was flooded with trump parades yesterday. The progressives and their media loonies told us we were gettin a suburban blue wave and Instead we are still getting trump caravans.

AOC sanders et al, prove your concept in red America. Cannibalizing safe dem seats proves zero. Had a republican spoke out against their party like AOC has the last 2 says, she would have been expelled from the party.
    I don't think anyone can say the House strategy and election was a success.  I tend to think that the defund the police and riots had a negative effect, just not enough to offset Trump being Trump. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Why would one be figurative about something so Orwellian and polarizing.  Again,  how does this expand the Democratic majority?
    I think we're just interpreting her differently. If I read it the same way you have we'd be Batman and Robin on this one.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I think we're just interpreting her differently. If I read it the same way you have we'd be Batman and Robin on this one.
    Politico with an article on it today.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Politico with an article on it today.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293
    Lol...I didn't realize someone literally built a website. Call me Lindsey Graham because I'm officially flip-flopping over to team mrussel1.
  • Options
    Holy shit that article. What mrussel is saying is spot-on. If you want to launch Stephen Miller into the sun, I'll help you build the rocket. But the idea that some PR staffer in the DoD or whatever is guilty of something is bonkers.
  • Options
    You may officially hold me accountable for my old posts
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Just a reminder. Lindsey Graham asked the people to use his words against him, and they didn't. Harrison was crushed. Dems lost the SC 1st House seat by 1% point, which they had just turned blue in the last race. I lived in that district awhile ago, and still have close ties there, and I can tell you as I heard Jim Clyburn say last night -- "defund the police" and civil unrest in the form of looting and setting fires does not help people like Jaime Harrison and Joe Cunningham.

You can argue, as you will, about a theoretical waste of time in courting voters from red states. But if we don't win a majority that way, then how the hell else do you propose we do it? We've got all the blue votes we're gonna get in blue states. 

You keep forgetting that we are all basically agreeing with you that clean air, living wages, health care for all, etc, is worth fighting for. The reality is that we're only going to get there by bringing the rest of red America along. They WILL. NOT. FOLLOW. a self-branded socialist into our path. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Not eating my hat yet.  This text from the website. The only text from said website in question in fact. 

We should welcome in our fellow Americans with whom we differ politically.

But those who took a paycheck from the Trump Administration should not profit from their efforts to tear our democracy apart. The world should never forget those who, when faced with a decision, chose to put their money, their time, and their reputations behind separating children from their families, encouraging racism and anti-Semitism, and negligently causing the unnecessary loss of life and economic devastation from our country's failed response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We should not allow the following groups of people to profit from their experience:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Individuals who worked for the Trump for President campaign, Republican National Committee, and affiliated PACs in 2016 or 2020.

Those who staffed his government.

Individuals who worked in any role as a political appointee in the Trump Administration.

Those who funded him.

Individuals who used their massive personal wealth and influence to bundle money for Trump.

The tweet in question.

so far no link to AOC or the accountability project, or who actually owns or staffs or other than Politico alleging it sprang up because of AOC wanting to hold people that were complicit in Trumpism accountable, and an NY Post article saying that it is the project of a former Obama staffer.

lol the idea that first they came for Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnel, then They came for Kayleigh mcEnemy, then they came for me energy going around about this.

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Just a reminder. Lindsey Graham asked the people to use his words against him, and they didn't. Harrison was crushed. Dems lost the SC 1st House seat by 1% point, which they had just turned blue in the last race. I lived in that district awhile ago, and still have close ties there, and I can tell you as I heard Jim Clyburn say last night -- "defund the police" and civil unrest in the form of looting and setting fires does not help people like Jaime Harrison and Joe Cunningham.

You can argue, as you will, about a theoretical waste of time in courting voters from red states. But if we don't win a majority that way, then how the hell else do you propose we do it? We've got all the blue votes we're gonna get in blue states. 

You keep forgetting that we are all basically agreeing with you that clean air, living wages, health care for all, etc, is worth fighting for. The reality is that we're only going to get there by bringing the rest of red America along. They WILL. NOT. FOLLOW. a self-branded socialist into our path. 
    I understand completely what you are saying, but in my time on earth it seems that when the left reaches out to the right the right takes two steps back and waits for us to come to them. We are at the point that regressing seems like progress because this has gone on so long.  I say that it would be an easier task to organize and breathe new life into the party of progress by reaching out to the non participants out there and targeting them with a positive progressive message than it will be to reach to the right and have them stab us in the back yet again.  Reverend Barber of the poor peoples campaign says that red states are just unorganized blue states.  I happen to agree that what is needed is organizing the apathetic and poor and underserved rather than reaching out to t he enemies of progress.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Not eating my hat yet.  This text from the website. The only text from said website in question in fact. 

But those who took a paycheck from the Trump Administration should not profit from their efforts to tear our democracy apart. The world should never forget those who, when faced with a decision, chose to put their money, their time, and their reputations behind separating children from their families, encouraging racism and anti-Semitism, and negligently causing the unnecessary loss of life and economic devastation from our country's failed response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We should not allow the following groups of people to profit from their experience:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Individuals who worked for the Trump for President campaign, Republican National Committee, and affiliated PACs in 2016 or 2020.

Individuals who worked in any role as a political appointee in the Trump Administration.

Those who funded him.

Individuals who used their massive personal wealth and influence to bundle money for Trump.

The tweet in question.

so far no link to AOC or the accountability project, or who actually owns or staffs or other than Politico alleging it sprang up because of AOC wanting to hold people that were complicit in Trumpism accountable, and an NY Post article saying that it is the project of a former Obama staffer.

lol the idea that first they came for Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnel, then They came for Kayleigh mcEnemy, then they came for me energy going around about this.

From what I’ve gleaned from reading on this, both Trump Accountability Projects preceded AOC’s tweet (which I provided in my initial post on this), and the one listing people (as opposed to Trump’s statements) probably used the tweet to raise their own profile.

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

But what does "profiting" mean?  Does that mean holding a job?  That gets back to the point I made yesterday.  Some mid/low level staffer should never work again?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

But what does "profiting" mean?  Does that mean holding a job?  That gets back to the point I made yesterday.  Some mid/low level staffer should never work again?
    Just not in a dem administration. They can go pump gas. Its not uncommon for administrations to purge and refuse to hire the staff or enablers of the previous. And honestly, fuck those people who enabled the worst administration in this nation's history. 237,000 dead Americans, and counting.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Its kinda like Alan Dershowitz no longer being welcome to the swank summer set on Martha's Vineyard. He can work but I seriously doubt a dem would hire him. He made his bed and he can lay in it. Same for everyone else who sold their souls for this POS administration. Actions have consequences.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

Apparently the initial list included the White House Calligrapher, though there are reports the list(s) is fluid.

On another note, I did reach out to AOC through social media for clarification on her tweet, but unfortunately don’t actually expect a response. Her website needs a zip code to submit an email, so I’m wondering if someone south of the border would be comfortable pursuing this?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

Just not in a dem administration. They can go pump gas. Its not uncommon for administrations to purge and refuse to hire the staff or enablers of the previous. And honestly, fuck those people who enabled the worst administration in this nation's history. 237,000 dead Americans, and counting.
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

You don't need a list, db, or anything for that.  You don't need announce anything either.  Those are part of federal job records.  Will this list be used to pressure corporate America?  That's what I was talking about yesterday.  Cancel culture is real, as you know.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

You don't need a list, db, or anything for that.  You don't need announce anything either.  Those are part of federal job records.  Will this list be used to pressure corporate America?  That's what I was talking about yesterday.  Cancel culture is real, as you know.  
    C'mon, man. Do you really think corporate America HR departments or the average left wing communist socialist ANTIIIIIIIFA is going to keep tabs on all of these people and start a BDS movement against said corporations? AOC is reminding people to not forget who stood for what where and when it mattered. Would you be comfortable if Sarah Hucksterabee Sanders became Google's, GM's, Kraft's, McDonalds' or Unilever's, or any other corporation in America's press spokesperson? Would you stop buying their products? I wouldn't but I'd question their hiring decisions. Lindsey Flimsy Flip Flop Faloozy Graham challenged the voters of Georgia to hold him to his word and they didn't. AOC is reminding people to do that. Was the woman who started the Me Too list wrong to have done so? Actions speak louder than words and when you choose a side, be prepared to live with any potential consequences, particularly if you run for office. Both sides are not the same.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Those who elected him

Those who elected him.

Those who funded him.

The tweet in question.

C'mon, man. Do you really think corporate America HR departments or the average left wing communist socialist ANTIIIIIIIFA is going to keep tabs on all of these people and start a BDS movement against said corporations? AOC is reminding people to not forget who stood for what where and when it mattered. Would you be comfortable if Sarah Hucksterabee Sanders became Google's, GM's, Kraft's, McDonalds' or Unilever's, or any other corporation in America's press spokesperson? Would you stop buying their products? I wouldn't but I'd question their hiring decisions. Lindsey Flimsy Flip Flop Faloozy Graham challenged the voters of Georgia to hold him to his word and they didn't. AOC is reminding people to do that. Was the woman who started the Me Too list wrong to have done so? Actions speak louder than words and when you choose a side, be prepared to live with any potential consequences, particularly if you run for office. Both sides are not the same.
    1. I'm not talking about policy makers and senior officials.
    2. Do I think corporate HR is keeping a list?  No.  Do I think it's possible the left wing keeps a list and tries to pressure corporate America?  Maybe.  That's my concern.  

Again, this is beyond AOC's tweet, which was covered.  The text of the website is about "taking a paycheck".  Who took a paycheck? Lots and lots of people.  What does it mean to "profit"?  I don't know what they mean.  That's a loaded term.  Am I profiting every other Wed when I get paid?