• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    If the Dems are going to drag their feet on impeachment of this daily fucking trainwreck of a Presidency, they should at least impeach Barr. 
    He literally standing there with BOTH his middle fingers extended to the US House.  Obstruction in plain sight.  We can see you bro.

The ONLY person who is going to get away with this behavior is Don Trump himself. 
    The last I checked Bill Barr ISN'T Don Trump.  Drag his monkey ass in to testify.  All of them, Hope HIcks, McGahn, Don Jr. all those fuckers.  What about Rick Gates?  I haven't heard word ONE from him.   They're called LAWS.

speaking of impeachment ...Kavanaugh, too.  "This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups.   The consequences will extend long past my nomination; the consequences will be with us for decades."  

What a douche.

Why is this taking so effing long?  
    By what grounds should Kavanaugh be impeached?  What has he done as a justice that warrants impeachment?
    The quote above should be enough. Play that whole hearing, case closed.
    It's not even close to being impeachable.  The Senators voted after he said this.  
    Haha, just because this particular senate voted for him doesn't make him unimpeachable for that. This is also the same senate that would never impeach Trump.

He exposed himself as a conspiratorial partisan hack. Completely unfit for the position.
    Certainly no immunity from it, but it would be ridiculous.  Why not impeach Thomas for Anita Hill?  Y'all are fooling yourselves.  
    Yes, Thomas is also unfit for the bench. I believe he also perjured himself when it came to his disgusting Anita Hill behaviour.

Why do you set the bar so low for such an important position? Do I think you need to be a saint? No. But surely out of all the qualified judges in America you can do better than those two.
    I don't take suggestions that lack seriousness, seriously.  Think of it as a double jeopardy, but in confirmations.  The Senate's role is to advise and provide consent.  Once that consent is provided, it's not practical or legitimate to re-litigate the same issues just because a new group of senators has arrived.  That would create a cycle that we would never break, and further devolve American politics.  I have no interest is worsening our environment.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    If the Dems are going to drag their feet on impeachment of this daily fucking trainwreck of a Presidency, they should at least impeach Barr. 
    He literally standing there with BOTH his middle fingers extended to the US House.  Obstruction in plain sight.  We can see you bro.

The ONLY person who is going to get away with this behavior is Don Trump himself. 
    The last I checked Bill Barr ISN'T Don Trump.  Drag his monkey ass in to testify.  All of them, Hope HIcks, McGahn, Don Jr. all those fuckers.  What about Rick Gates?  I haven't heard word ONE from him.   They're called LAWS.

speaking of impeachment ...Kavanaugh, too.  "This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups.   The consequences will extend long past my nomination; the consequences will be with us for decades."  

What a douche.

By what grounds should Kavanaugh be impeached?  What has he done as a justice that warrants impeachment?
    It's not even close to being impeachable.  The Senators voted after he said this.  
    Yeah...I think they had reason to not uphold the nomination and it's too bad partisanism is so ugly right now, but I don't think impeachment can even be on the radar.  His role is to move past what he interpreted as a "hit."  I don't think he will, but at this point, there's nothing to point to that's impeachable.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

Haha, just because this particular senate voted for him doesn't make him unimpeachable for that. This is also the same senate that would never impeach Trump.

He exposed himself as a conspiratorial partisan hack. Completely unfit for the position.
    Certainly no immunity from it, but it would be ridiculous.  Why not impeach Thomas for Anita Hill?  Y'all are fooling yourselves.  
    Yes, Thomas is also unfit for the bench. I believe he also perjured himself when it came to his disgusting Anita Hill behaviour.

Why do you set the bar so low for such an important position? Do I think you need to be a saint? No. But surely out of all the qualified judges in America you can do better than those two.
    I don't take suggestions that lack seriousness, seriously.  Think of it as a double jeopardy, but in confirmations.  The Senate's role is to advise and provide consent.  Once that consent is provided, it's not practical or legitimate to re-litigate the same issues just because a new group of senators has arrived.  That would create a cycle that we would never break, and further devolve American politics.  I have no interest is worsening our environment.
    But the house is the check on the senate as the house has no role in the confirmation process. A repub senate and a repub potus could nominate and confirm the worst candidates for the judiciary and the house could check those appointments via impeachment hearings. The senate could find them not guilty but they’d be “stained.” IMHO, somebody who commits perjury isn’t Supreme Court material. It cheapens the Supreme Court. Or any court for that matter.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

But the house is the check on the senate as the house has no role in the confirmation process. A repub senate and a repub potus could nominate and confirm the worst candidates for the judiciary and the house could check those appointments via impeachment hearings. The senate could find them not guilty but they’d be “stained.” IMHO, somebody who commits perjury isn’t Supreme Court material. It cheapens the Supreme Court. Or any court for that matter.

So the House should impeach a Justice, based on his pre-consent testimony, even though the Senate isn't going to try (let alone convict).  It's a waste of political capital and energy.  Why are you trying to 'stain' a justice when he's not up for re-election?  To what positive end does that serve?

And the House does not have oversight responsibility or authority on the Senate.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

So the House should impeach a Justice, based on his pre-consent testimony, even though the Senate isn't going to try (let alone convict).  It's a waste of political capital and energy.  Why are you trying to 'stain' a justice when he's not up for re-election?  To what positive end does that serve?

And the House does not have oversight responsibility or authority on the Senate.  
    I’m not talking about staining the justice, just the senators who voted for him. And the house doesn’t have oversight of the senate but it does have oversight of judicial and executive appointments via impeachment. And yes, even without a senate conviction, the house shouldn’t abrogate their constitutional duties. So Team Trump Treason nominates Jared Dear Boy or Paulie Manaforte for the Supreme Court and the repub senate majority are afraid of the big bad bully and they get confirmed. What’s the remedy, if not the house impeachment process?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

I’m not talking about staining the justice, just the senators who voted for him. And the house doesn’t have oversight of the senate but it does have oversight of judicial and executive appointments via impeachment. And yes, even without a senate conviction, the house shouldn’t abrogate their constitutional duties. So Team Trump Treason nominates Jared Dear Boy or Paulie Manaforte for the Supreme Court and the repub senate majority are afraid of the big bad bully and they get confirmed. What’s the remedy, if not the house impeachment process?

the fact that the Senate has kaiboshed some of the appointments for the Fed Reserve and the fact that they have already signaled that Cuccinelli is doa gives me some hope that something as egregious as what you are pointing out will not happen.  If they somehow truly appointed someone like Jared, who doesn't have a law degree, then yes I would much more open to impeachment.  To me, that's a long way from Kavanaugh.  
    But think about if putting judges through impeachment trials based on their rulings became the norm.  As soon as the House and/or Senate changed hands, there would be a steady stream of them.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

the fact that the Senate has kaiboshed some of the appointments for the Fed Reserve and the fact that they have already signaled that Cuccinelli is doa gives me some hope that something as egregious as what you are pointing out will not happen.  If they somehow truly appointed someone like Jared, who doesn't have a law degree, then yes I would much more open to impeachment.  To me, that's a long way from Kavanaugh.  
    But think about if putting judges through impeachment trials based on their rulings became the norm.  As soon as the House and/or Senate changed hands, there would be a steady stream of them.  
    Are we back to the context of the perjury charge,  then? When you say “that’s a long way from kavanaugh?” Because an unlearned honest barrister might just be better than the most learned perjurer?

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

Are we back to the context of the perjury charge,  then? When you say “that’s a long way from kavanaugh?” Because an unlearned honest barrister might just be better than the most learned perjurer?

How can a barrister be unlearned?  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

Would you not be a barrister or justice if you were nominated and confirmed but had never gone to law school or been formally educated, thus an unlearned barrister?

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

I believe he perjured himself during his confirmation hearings, making him unfit for the office despite a yea confirmation vote. 
    I'm sure he did, related to the obviously false definitions of the drinking games.  But no evidence has come to light that would have changed a vote.  If it's tongue in cheek, fine.  But I hope people don't really think he should be impeached.  It cheapens the impeachable offenses that Don is engaged in now, by not honoring the authority of the legislative branch. 
    I thought it was more than just “drinking games” that was the subject of the perjury allegation, previous testimony before congress where he either lied or gave misleading testimony, perhaps during his confirmation hearing for the federal bench? Regardless, the subject matter of the perjury allegation shouldn’t be the determinant of whether it’s worth it, a violation or perjury. It’s either perjury or it’s not, regardless of the subject matter.
    It was more than just drinking games. How soon people forget.
    right, if there were an actual thorough investigation , certain allegations may prove valid legally even past the statute of limitations.

also be able to see if hes a functional drunk, which is disqualifying to me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

Would you not be a barrister or justice if you were nominated and confirmed but had never gone to law school or been formally educated, thus an unlearned barrister?
    I'm pretty sure a barrister needs to have a law degree, plus a few years of other experience.  I'm not in England so not really sure.  When I first read it, I thought you said barista!  I was going to type... yeah I don't want a liar or a barista on the bench.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

I'm pretty sure a barrister needs to have a law degree, plus a few years of other experience.  I'm not in England so not really sure.  When I first read it, I thought you said barista!  I was going to type... yeah I don't want a liar or a barista on the bench.  
    My use of the term “barrister” May have been a mistake as it may not be a term that’s interchangeable with “justice” or judge. In my uninformed mind, it’s all the same to me.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

My use of the term “barrister” May have been a mistake as it may not be a term that’s interchangeable with “justice” or judge. In my uninformed mind, it’s all the same to me.
    I think justice of the peace would be the one you're looking for here.  They are appointed by the people and need no formal training. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:

What a douche.

I think justice of the peace would be the one you're looking for here.  They are appointed by the people and need no formal training. 
    I’m still arguing that the POTUS could potentially nominate someone for a seat or office and be wholly unqualified and with a complicit senate, be sworn in. The house, via impeachment, could try to do something about it. 

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    What are they hiding??

House Oversight votes to hold Barr, Ross in contempt over census dispute https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics/house-oversight-contempt-vote-barr-ross/index.html
    What are they hiding??

House Oversight votes to hold Barr, Ross in contempt over census dispute https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics/house-oversight-contempt-vote-barr-ross/index.html
    That it was racially motivated, Team Trump Treason knew about it as such, endorsed it and when questions started being asked, lied about it and encouraged others to do the same, resulting in Wiiiiiiiiiilbur, lying to Congress at the direction of Team Trump Treason. What else is new?

Brilliantati©
    Like see this paper right here? This one? In my hand? Now it’s in my pocket? But it’s a secret deal with Mexico. See? Here, I’ll take it out again and show you. See? It’s just like that and you’ll find out. See? Here it is again. I don’t know what else to tell you. Do you want to see it again? Here it is. See?

https://apple.news/Ae0yZp87dTLy37uOS5U8yGg

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    What are they hiding??

Jordan knows all about political theater
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Norway 🇳🇴 lol Norway 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Why would documents related to a census question be redacted? Why? Adding the question of whether “you’re a citizen” of the US to the census and you redact documents related to THAT question? Just imagine what’s going on behind the scenes. The census? Evil steveo and Miller. But you’re ok with authoritarian regimes. I turn my lonely eyes to BS.

Brilliantati©
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2019
    Impeachment is pure judgement.  Judge-y-ness.  It don't have to be criminal.  It can be whatever you want.

This illegitimate Trump/Pence Presidency should be erased from the jump. Mitch's Senate, Paul Ryan's House?  COMPLICIT.
    Every law, every appointment. Overturned.  They're corrupt.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Erased.
    Jan 27 2017 Donald Trump issues executive order banning travel to the US for 7 mostly Muslim countries and suspending admission for refugees.
    A WEEK ON THE JOB
    He's been a total dick from the jump.
    Jan 28 2017 US President Donald Trump and Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull have a contentious phone call over deal for US to take 1,250 refugees
    Jan 31 2017 US President Donald Trump fires Attorney General Sally Yates after she instructs Justice Department officials not to defend Trump's travel ban
    Feb 8 2017 US Senate confirms Avowed racist Jeff Sessions Attorney General, after controversy and protests

Every goddamn day with this guy.  Bad decision after bad decision.
    edited June 2019
    Feb 12 2017 North Korea conducts a solid fuel ballistic missile test from Banghyon air base
    Feb 13 2017 US President Donald Trump accepts the resignation of national security adviser Michael Flynn over his dealings with Russia
This discussion has been closed.