Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    We had a visitor this afternoon 

my cat was just playing with the possums tail haha
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    ^^^. So cool =)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Wow!  My cat would have gone into full attach mode.  We keep her as an indoor cat because she want to attack anything non-human that moves, including the fox and coyote that would have her for dinner!

Your cat is well behaved!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Wow!  My cat would have gone into full attach mode.  We keep her as an indoor cat because she want to attack anything non-human that moves, including the fox and coyote that would have her for dinner!

she's an old cat about 10 now. She was just tapping at the tail playing. I have 3 cats and they just chill with the possums and eat together. My younger cat swipes at them at the food bowl and is not as friendly. 
    brianlux said:

she's an old cat about 10 now. She was just tapping at the tail playing. I have 3 cats and they just chill with the possums and eat together. My younger cat swipes at them at the food bowl and is not as friendly. 
    10 is getting up there, but not too bad.  She's a beauty!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Mourning doves- I love their cool coo!

Not really a fan of these shitbirds, but the goslings are adorable.  And man, do they grow fast.  The picture below is from last week.

Not really a fan of these shitbirds, but the goslings are adorable.  And man, do they grow fast.  The picture below is from last week.

Cute little puff balls!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    wasa1971 said:
    We had a visitor this afternoon 

That's fantastic! I hope to see some moose when I'm up in Glacier/Waterton Lakes/Banff/Jasper this summer.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

She was watching me very closely :D

She was watching me very closely :D
    Sweet!

edited June 2019
    currently at hospice facility for my father in law. this morning as I was taking my sister in law home, we saw a doe and a baby deer not more than a few weeks old , it was so small, walking around the broader campus of this place.
    Kobacker House in Columbus Ohio , if anyone was interested in seeing pictures.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    on the grounds of my sunday meeting last sunday.

edited June 2019
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1143754435660422&id=687383314630872
    I find this ridiculous for the poor kangaroo... This was gentle behavior but it will get you in a headlock and rip you apart with its powerful hind legs. They have long sharp toe claws.
    Post edited by rhanishane on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Rose , Willow , Charlotte, Ginger enjoying a gorgeous summer day outside of their pen ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    my little mate is back 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

they are definitely shitbirds.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg
    ^^^ A beauty!

No pictures, but last night we got home after dark and caught one of our local juvenile foxes trotting across the driveway.  It was great to see at least some of our local fox family is still out and about.  Must be extra cautious to keep the cat indoors though.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2019

Lol! I'm with you - Canada geese are the WORST. I really can't stand them. But yeah, babies are always cute. I can't think of any baby in the whole animal kingdom that isn't adorable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2019
    I came home the other day and spotted like 5 big fat fucking RATS hanging out and casually walking around right there on the path that runs alongside my apartment building. Then I saw one run right into the building through a crazy person's patio door. This crazy person has been putting out big piles of feed for the past few weeks. They are trying to feed the squirrels I assume, but have also managed to create a huge rat colony on the property as well. I called the management company to let them know, and they told me they knew who was doing this, and that she's already been handed her eviction notice (for more reasons than feeding wildlife), and she has to move out tomorrow. So thank goodness for that. But it seems like too little too late, since I doubt the rats are going to just pick up and leave so quickly. Management wasn't aware of the rat problem yet - I told them to be prepared for extermination measures.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    PJ_Soul said:
    I came home the other day and spotted like 5 big fat fucking RATS hanging out and casually walking around right there on the path that runs alongside my apartment building. The I saw one run right into the building through a crazy person's patio door. This crazy person has been putting out big piles of feed for the past few weeks. They are trying to feed the squirrels I assume, but have also managed to create a huge rat colony on the property as well. I called the management company to let them know, and they told me they knew who was doing this, and that she's already been handed her eviction notice (for more reasons than feeding wildlife), and she has to move out tomorrow. So thank goodness for that. But it seems like too little too late, since I doubt the rats are going to just pick up and leave so quickly. Management wasn't aware of the rat problem yet - I told them to be prepared for extermination measures.
    You need to move. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    I came home the other day and spotted like 5 big fat fucking RATS hanging out and casually walking around right there on the path that runs alongside my apartment building. The I saw one run right into the building through a crazy person's patio door. This crazy person has been putting out big piles of feed for the past few weeks. They are trying to feed the squirrels I assume, but have also managed to create a huge rat colony on the property as well. I called the management company to let them know, and they told me they knew who was doing this, and that she's already been handed her eviction notice (for more reasons than feeding wildlife), and she has to move out tomorrow. So thank goodness for that. But it seems like too little too late, since I doubt the rats are going to just pick up and leave so quickly. Management wasn't aware of the rat problem yet - I told them to be prepared for extermination measures.
    You need to move. 
    No way, my place is awesome, and in the perfect location, and I have lived there for nearly 20 years and it is therefore rent controlled in the most expensive city in the country with a rental vacancy rate of about 0.5%. They will have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming because they are tearing the building down for me to move. :lol: Saying "you need to move" to someone in Vancouver is like telling someone they need to cut off their own feet, haha.
    It's just one total crazy idiot who has now been evicted. Everyone else in just fine. The management will deal with any rodent problems immediately.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You need to move. 
    No way, my place is awesome, and in the perfect location, and I have lived there for nearly 20 years and it is therefore rent controlled in the most expensive city in the country with a rental vacancy rate of about 0.5%. They will have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming because they are tearing the building down for me to move. :lol: Saying "you need to move" to someone in Vancouver is like telling someone they need to cut off their own feet, haha.
    It's just one total crazy idiot who has now been evicted. Everyone else in just fine. The management will deal with any rodent problems immediately.
    Fuck it, the rats will just carry you away.

You'll be known as the crazy rat (not cat) lady!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You need to move. 
    Fuck it, the rats will just carry you away.

You'll be known as the crazy rat (not cat) lady!
    Well if rats take over the building I will absolutely become the cat lady - I'll need them to kill the rats! ... And then I'll swallow a fly, and perhaps I'll die?? (I hope you know that song!)
    Not gonna lie, I had to Google it. My Peter Paul and Mary knowledge begins and ends with Puff, the Magic Dragon. I haven't heard that song in quite some time.
    Not gonna lie, I had to Google it. My Peter Paul and Mary knowledge begins and ends with Puff, the Magic Dragon. I haven't heard that song in quite some time.
    I like this version too: