The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I’d argue “live from...” is as good as any game day show, even if brandel sucks 
    15 looks haaaaard 
    Bump
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    These nike hats suck shit 

the TW one is the worst.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    These nike hats suck shit 

the TW one is the worst.
    Touche

It’s not 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    lol koepka shot a 63 on Bethpage Black with pars on the par 5s
    Only 2 par 5’s. Crazy. But agreed...he usually destroys them 
    Which makes it even more crazy, no? Shot -7 on 16 par 4s and 3s? That’s insane 
    For sure! Should have been 9 under. 
    It is soooo good. Brandel actually offers good insight and valid points but his pompous ass ways are too much. That and his need to always use big words. He sucks 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Played 21 holes today At my buddy’s CC...weather was perfect, no wind.... there 2 holes on a bluff overlooking LI Sound, Deer late in the day...just awesome after a crazy work week

I have an outing Monday... this time of year I have at least 2 outings a month thru September 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    bbiggs said:
    It is soooo good. Brandel actually offers good insight and valid points but his pompous ass ways are too much. That and his need to always use big words. He sucks 
    I love that show. Brandel is annoying but at least the other guys go back and forth with him when appropriate.

Shot a 96 yesterday. Came back to life! Wasn't used to a fast putting surface after the greens have been so slow the last few weeks with all the rain we've gotten. Back to the drawing board. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My game sucks right now. I’m pounding the ball off the tee and hitting fairways with regularity. Then the fun starts. My iron distances are all over the map. Putting is atrocious. The scary part is my iron play has always been my strong suit. I started the season needing a new driver and it turned into irons as well. The driver fix worked, but I’d give anything to have my old sticks back. My biggest takeaway...it’s one thing to demo clubs in a simulator but very different on the course. Lesson learned. Time to practice I guess. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Great to hear about all the northern golfers coming out of hibernation this spring.  Hoping to get a round in this afternoon.   I need some lessons as my swing thoughts are all over the place.  I feel like I am close to turning the corner but have been saying it for years.
    Good to see Spieth playing well again!
    bbiggs said:
    Good to see Spieth playing well again!
    https://twitter.com/nolayingup/status/1129410510091411457?s=21

^ Haha!! Awesome! Wish I had those moves 
    Walked 18 today. First time playing this year, first time walking in ages. It’s tiring. Was a glorious morning. My game, not so much. Didn’t bother adding up the score 
    This tourney is over.  
    This tourney is over.  
    Nothing worse than a runaway, wire to wire victory with zero drama...unless it’s Tiger, of course. 
    bbiggs said:
    This tourney is over.  
    Nothing worse than a runaway, wire to wire victory with zero drama...unless it’s Tiger, of course. 

haha. for sure. 
    Distance is being rewarded over any other part of the game.  It is ridiculous.  Instead of requiring shot shaping and making, they "fix" the distance problem by making holes longer which only increases the advantage of the big hitters.  It is insane. 
    Distance is being rewarded over any other part of the game.  It is ridiculous.  Instead of requiring shot shaping and making, they "fix" the distance problem by making holes longer which only increases the advantage of the big hitters.  It is insane. 
    Persimmon drivers and balata golf balls. Needs to happen. 
    The fittest and strongest are still going to rise to the top, but perhaps Zach Johnson may have more of a chance. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited May 2019
    Played 18 this morning and already made a tee time for tomorrow too. I'm feasting on these GolfNow deals down here lol.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    im playing 8am tomorrow am @ Indian Hills....then packing a few suvs full of friends to head over to Bethpage for some good times
    Change of the guard today?  Tiger handing things over to Brooks?
    Wtf is Justin rose wearing? 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Koepka: "This probably sounds bad, but it was a battle," said Koepka. "I didn't strike the ball that well. I was leaking a few to the right but I hung in there and battled."

Dude just set the major record for 36 holes and he's saying he needs to work on his game. C'mon man, even the ones you leaked were dropping onto the fairway.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    How do you figure?  Other than the master's victory Tiger has bee irrelevant for quite a while?  And it appears he is back to irrelevant.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Hope this gets at least a little closer...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How do you figure?  Other than the master's victory Tiger has bee irrelevant for quite a while?  And it appears he is back to irrelevant.
    They were in the same group.  Tiger is in the last stretch of his career and Brooks is going to win his 4th major out of the last 8 in Young Tiger fashion.   

No no one was dominant while Tiger was injured.  Brooks is the first to actually show signs (in majors only) of dominance.

Tiger is not irrelevant.  Not sure if you were being sarcastic.  In the space of a year he made it to top ten in the world, one major, had the best cumulative score to par in the three majors approaching the PGA, won the Tour Championship,  and finished second in the FedEx Cup. 

It’s funny that Brooks is so good. He’s a meat head. Dude looks like a linebacker. I know all these guys are in excellent shape and the training regimens are off the charts, but he’s bulky. Not your typical golfer’s physique. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I guess we have to wait and see. I think it's way too early to make that assumption. Longevity is everything. Spieth, Rory, Day, Johnson...there have been times in recent years when you think, nobody is going to beat these guys. But sustaining that level of play over a lengthy period of time has become something only a handful of golfers have done in the history of the game. 

bbiggs said:
    It’s funny that Brooks is so good. He’s a meat head. Dude looks like a linebacker. I know all these guys are in excellent shape and the training regimens are off the charts, but he’s bulky. Not your typical golfer’s physique. 
    Could prove to be his achilles heel in the future.