The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hoping for two to do well not sure what strains these are the seeds are from Hawaiian grown plants  ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    His mom said, "Why don't you invite one of your other insect friends over."  So he brought home a roach.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    In Canada the government thought they corner the market on Cannabis sales...yet the black market is doing better than ever.  Which is just more than the government could run a hotdog stand.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    brianlux said:
    His mom said, "Why don't you invite one of your other insect friends over."  So he brought home a roach.

lol what a party 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    In Canada the government thought they corner the market on Cannabis sales...yet the black market is doing better than ever.  Which is just more than the government could run a hotdog stand.
    i bot my last batch of 18% thc legal medical grade for $3 a gram, last month. beat that price in the black market? i don't think so! in time there will be no need for a black market. so have patience grasshopper...
    i would trust gov't grown way more than some shady backroom grower who doesn't flush his cannabis with water for it's last growth stint to rid the product of any left over chemicals/fertilizers 
    rec/medical gov't cannabis burns unlike any other black market product i have ever tried. i have 40 years experience.
    i bot my last batch of 18% thc legal medical grade for $3 a gram, last month. beat that price in the black market? i don't think so! in time there will be no need for a black market. so have patience grasshopper...
    i would trust gov't grown way more than some shady backroom grower who doesn't flush his cannabis with water for it's last growth stint to rid the product of any left over chemicals/fertilizers 
    rec/medical gov't cannabis burns unlike any other black market product i have ever tried. i have 40 years experience.
    Price is only a small part of the problem.  I pay 3.99/g through my medicinal supplier...which is why I would never give up my script.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited May 2019
    availability a problem? mine was delivered in 2 days. what else is "the problem" ? there will be many many stores opening soon as well as on line sales. the black market will be shut down as the govt will be offering many amazing strains in many options(oil, gel caps, shatter etc) and the govt will be flushing their cannabis with water in its final stages of growth...ALL unlike the black market who offer higher prices, generally 1 strain only and quality control is non existent in the black market
    in my 40+ years of buying i have never bot quality cannabis for as low $3 a gram.
    but...carry on if u think the black market is "doing better than ever" and will survive this  ;)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, I'm really not understanding this so-called supply crisis that anti-legalization people are talking about. I'm having no problem at all getting weed legally. I'm also having no problem getting weed on the grey market.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

My first Maryland legal purchase. Goji OG flower 1/8, Northern Lights pre-rolls 2x 0.5g, & 0.5g disposable vape.
    DYER'S NO LONGER GOING TO BE UPSET
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I'm really not understanding this so-called supply crisis that anti-legalization people are talking about. I'm having no problem at all getting weed legally. I'm also having no problem getting weed on the grey market.
    have you ordered anything online? if so, how do you pay for it? I want to get some products, but my wife is uber-paranoid that we'll get commandeered at the US border when we go to Florida next christmas. Any truth to immigration checking people's online transaction history?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Buying cannabis with a credit card? Why you should think about privacy

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/buying-cannabis-with-a-credit-card-why-you-should-think-about-privacy-1.4182055

I would not not worry about crossing into the US.  The Northern Border is under staffed at the present.  I would like to think the US Customs has more important things to worry about...and I doubt they run detail checks on that many people...

Give Peas A Chance…
    I have been using my credit card for over 6 years and have never had problems crossing...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited May 2019
    when the state of NY moves forward on REC, which i am pretty sure will be within 1 year, there will be little worries about using a credit card cause the rest of the states won't be far behind(imo)
    correct me if i'm wrong but u cud buy a prepaid visa credit card for online purchases. those can be set up quite anonymously from what i have heard! 
    As long as Cannabis remains illegal federally in the US, then I think they the US Customs through a detailed search may come up with something...and they do not really need anything to ban you...just admitting you use Cannabis could initiate a ban.  I just think it would take a real prick to ban someone over Cannabis in 2019...not saying it's not happening, I just think it would be rare.  But hey, anytime you cross the border is a risk...heck, don't forget the apple and they find it...likely a fine.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    have you ordered anything online? if so, how do you pay for it? I want to get some products, but my wife is uber-paranoid that we'll get commandeered at the US border when we go to Florida next christmas. Any truth to immigration checking people's online transaction history?
    I just use my visa debit card. I have heard about this concern and read up about it a little, but I think the chances of that coming back and biting us at the US border are about a great as us getting hit by lightning TBH. When was the last time you had to reveal all your banking information at the border? They can't just view that when they check their little computers in the booth. The only way that is going to become an issue, I believe, is if you're actually detained for some reason already and they start really digging. And like Meltdown said, despite the fear mongering, they really do have better things to do than check if someone ordered a gram of weed legally.
    But if you're really worried anyhow, you could always just buy one of those preloaded visas at the grocery store and pay with that. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Think the concern people have with CC's is that because Cannabis is still illegal federally that there is some regulation that requires financial institutions involving Cannabis the transactions to the feds, and then it's likely available to the US Customs.  I could be wrong, but I also think Cannabis business's in legal states do not pay the federal tax...because in the eyes of the feds its an illegal business.  Maybe an American can confirm...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Think the concern people have with CC's is that because Cannabis is still illegal federally that there is some regulation that requires financial institutions involving Cannabis the transactions to the feds, and then it's likely available to the US Customs.  I could be wrong, but I also think Cannabis business's in legal states do not pay the federal tax...because in the eyes of the feds its an illegal business.  Maybe an American can confirm...
    The guys you talk to when crossing the border don't have direct access to all our personal credit card info is what I said. They aren't checking into that just as a matter of course  as you chat with them from your car or whatever. They don't have that kind of immediate access to such info.
    Here, this is perhaps helpful info:

What the Border Protection Officer Sees on their Screen

At many border crossings, the process starts with license plate readers that can automatically flag persons for additional inspection.   The license plate readers, along with radio frequency identification technology, scan vehicles passing through border checkpoints.  The readers check that information against law enforcement data on cars being sought by police agencies.

Every time you cross a border your name, date of birth, citizenship, address, mode of travel, purpose of travel and value of goods purchased abroad, is collected to form a passage history.  Computers analyze passage histories to pinpoint people who have suspicious travel patterns. These individuals may be earmarked for closer scrutiny by customs officials and law enforcement agents on subsequent trips.

If you are pulled over for a secondary inspection or search even more information is collected and put into the database.  This includes the reason for the additional screening, the results of the search, interview notes, details of any action taken, and the names of your travel companions.

To help evaluate whether to allow you to enter their country, border agents have access to a wide variety of databases including the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database, and the FBI’s electronic clearinghouse of crime data called the  National Crime Information Center (NCIC).  Below are some of the things the U.S. and Canadian Border inspection may be able to see if you are pulled in for a secondary inspection:

• Criminal history.  This may also include health records that involve contact with with the police – such as suicide attempts
    • Family members and relatives
    • Delinquent Tax status
    • Current Job
    • History of when/where/what times you have crossed borders – including state ports where there are border checks

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just use my visa debit card. I have heard about this concern and read up about it a little, but I think the chances of that coming back and biting us at the US border are about a great as us getting hit by lightning TBH. When was the last time you had to reveal all your banking information at the border? They can't just view that when they check their little computers in the booth. The only way that is going to become an issue, I believe, is if you're actually detained for some reason already and they start really digging. And like Meltdown said, despite the fear mongering, they really do have better things to do than check if someone ordered a gram of weed legally.
    But if you're really worried anyhow, you could always just buy one of those preloaded visas at the grocery store and pay with that. :)
    yeah, that's what I was wondering.I was thinking "are they really buying up this information and flagging people (like a no-fly list) and having that ready to go?". I sure hope not. 

I bought one of the visa gift cards. I went back to the damn website and they only take interac e transfer.  :s
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    yeah, that's what I was wondering.I was thinking "are they really buying up this information and flagging people (like a no-fly list) and having that ready to go?". I sure hope not. 

I bought one of the visa gift cards. I went back to the damn website and they only take interac e transfer.  :s
    Oh, that sucks. Well, I seriously wouldn't worry about it if I were you. So I'm guessing they don't have any actual store fronts in Winnipeg yet? If not, WTF??
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, that sucks. Well, I seriously wouldn't worry about it if I were you. So I'm guessing they don't have any actual store fronts in Winnipeg yet? If not, WTF??
    they do. but edibles aren't available legally until october. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oooohhh, I see. I'd actually hesitate to order anything that isn't legal yet with my card too. That's a different ballgame.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oooohhh, I see. I'd actually hesitate to order anything that isn't legal yet with my card too. That's a different ballgame.
    in the eyes of US customs I don't think it would be different. illegal in the US is all they are concerned about (I think). 

AND I REALLY WANT TO TRY A GUMMY BEAR. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

in the eyes of US customs I don't think it would be different. illegal in the US is all they are concerned about (I think). 

It's a LOT different if you happen to get busted by Canadian authorities for buying said gummy bear. I know that is also unlikely, but it's not a risk I ever took. Before legalization, there were all kinds of ways to get weed online and mailed... but I was legit concerned about being busted via Canada Post.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's a LOT different if you happen to get busted by Canadian authorities for buying said gummy bear. I know that is also unlikely, but it's not a risk I ever took. Before legalization, there were all kinds of ways to get weed online and mailed... but I was legit concerned about being busted via Canada Post.
    oh yeah, for sure, I wasn't even thinking of being busted in canada. I don't know if that stuff would be a high priority anymore. I guess I shall wait. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Will your cannabis credit card purchases be visible to U.S. border officials? (Some might, some won’t.)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4461315/will-your-cannabis-credit-card-purchases-be-visible-to-u-s-border-officials-some-might-some-wont/

And credit card data can be stored in the United States, where it’s an open book to U.S. authorities, who don’t need a warrant to access it if it belongs to non-Americans. (The privacy agreements of all five of the big banks warn that customers’ financial data can be stored outside Canada, and be subject to the laws of the country it’s stored in.)
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Jfc, I’ll never be able to leave.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Jfc, I’ll never be able to leave.
    What do you mean? Do you have a drug possession conviction on your record or something?