Good News

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Kat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is awesome.

It's very awesome!... it and should be on all cars. You got me to take a look at Dodo and I found this good news one too. Thank you. :)

The dodo is very addictive so watch out
    As is dogrates
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Kat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is awesome.

It's very awesome!... it and should be on all cars. You got me to take a look at Dodo and I found this good news one too. Thank you. :)

As is dogrates
    And, at times necessary.  I sometimes need a break to just watch dogs jump into leaves and elephants kindly approach people.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Kat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is awesome.

As is dogrates
    Indeed. Days can be lost, lol.
    I'm so glad that dog was saved, and it's so sweet the other dogs were so concerned. I was a little surprised that a dog can't get out of that situation himself TBH. I would have just expected him to be able to grab the edge and pull himself out. Obviously not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Johnny 5 still alive

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Good show Willie!

Willie Nelson Rescued 70 Horses From Slaughterhouse to Roam on His Ranch in Texas

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

Willie Nelson Rescued 70 Horses From Slaughterhouse to Roam on His Ranch in Texas

He's a special man. :) Thanks for the morning smile....really need good news.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

For sure, Kat!  :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

Want good news? Turn off the news then, plenty of good in the world, they won't report it though, jyst ramming negativity and divisiveness down everybody's throats changing their view of the world and those around them

Speaking of the Nelson family and the news......

https://youtu.be/3Jxv6rxhG8k
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

Want good news? Turn off the news then, plenty of good in the world, they won't report it though, jyst ramming negativity and divisiveness down everybody's throats changing their view of the world and those around them

oh, the irony. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my2hands said:
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

oh, the irony. 
    Please explain?

I get shit on here for telling people to not stereotype and namecall those they disagree with and to not feed into the divisive rhetoric...... and you're going to try and paint me as the negative and divisive one? Thats funny

Maybe people would like me better if i called the other side toothless morons, buffoons, redneck, white trash, racist, nazi, inbred, scumbag, sexist, moron, idiot, loser, deplorables?

Maybe if i questioned the intelligence of posters i disagreed with i would fit in a little better, eh?

Maybe if i acted like the world was ending every day? OH NO!!!!

oh, i got it, maybe i need to show faux outrage about everything and anything in the world?

Yeah, you clearly don't know me brother

By the way, save your lengthy reply, i'm not going to read it, no time for the negativity or senseless arguing my friend. 

Peace
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

oh, the irony. 
    Please explain?

I get shit on here for telling people to not stereotype and namecall those they disagree with and to not feed into the divisive rhetoric...... and you're going to try and paint me as the negative and divisive one? Thats funny

Maybe people would like me better if i called the other side toothless morons, buffoons, redneck, white trash, racist, nazi, inbred, scumbag, sexist, moron, idiot, loser, deplorables?

Maybe if i questioned the intelligence of posters i disagreed with i would fit in a little better, eh?

oh, i got it, maybe i need to show faux outrage about everything and anything in the world?

By the way, save your lengthy reply, i'm not going to read it, no time for the negativity or senseless arguing my friend. 

Peace
    Few of us here really knows each other other than our words on a screen.  We'd probably all get along great over a few beers or if we met at a show and were having a good time.  But here on AMT, we basically talk about a lot of heavy stuff because current events and the state of the world, etc. is pretty heavy stuff much of the time. 

The reason I started this thread was to have a place to post and talk about some of the stuff that DOES work well in this crazy mixed up world.  When the vibe gets negative, which it has here ( and I'm not going to throw gasoline on the flames here or make any accusations- different as you two are in  some ways, I like what you both have have to say most of the time), then the whole point of "good news" kind of goes south (or north- my compass is the shits).   Would be cool if we could keep this thread about good news (not corporate "news", just good things happening in our world) and maybe leave the arguing off this one.

Thanks guys.

Peace and love.

Amen
    My point again, is that there is a tremendous amount of good in the world that far outweighs the bad, just dont expect NBC to show it to you. It's all poison being spoonfed to the masses and the result is everybody is fearful and angry, locking doors, not talking to their neighbors, stockpiling guns, hating "the others" (shoutout Halifax), and locking their doors.

Know your enemy

edited May 2019
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

oh, the irony. 
    Please explain?

Peace
    alrighty. LOL

I never said you did any of those things, and yes, I agree, those are issues others have, and I have pointed them out as well when I see them. 

it's not the message, necessarily, it's the delivery. 

have a wonderful day. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

oh, the irony. 
    Please explain?

Peace
    Few of us here really knows each other other than our words on a screen.  We'd probably all get along great over a few beers or if we met at a show and were having a good time.  But here on AMT, we basically talk about a lot of heavy stuff because current events and the state of the world, etc. is pretty heavy stuff much of the time. 

The reason I started this thread was to have a place to post and talk about some of the stuff that DOES work well in this crazy mixed up world.  When the vibe gets negative, which it has here ( and I'm not going to throw gasoline on the flames here or make any accusations- different as you two are in  some ways, I like what you both have have to say most of the time), then the whole point of "good news" kind of goes south (or north- my compass is the shits).   Would be cool if we could keep this thread about good news (not corporate "news", just good things happening in our world) and maybe leave the arguing off this one.

Thanks guys.

Peace and love.
    fair enough brian. 

cheers,

HFD
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Cheers, guys!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yesterday, I was watching a sloooow local police pursuit, as a single driver was using the carpool lane and wouldn't stop.  Turned out to be an older man who was confused and had no idea what was going on.  It broke my heart.

So when I saw this on the news earlier, it made me  :)

Not world-changing stuff, but very sweet nonetheless.  Well-deserved, too.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/06/13/wwii-vet-celebrates-birthday-at-donut-shop/

WEST COVINA (CBSLA) — Thomas House has been a regular at Rainbow Donuts in West Covina for more than 30 years.

Thomas House celebrates his birthday at his favorite donut shop. (CBS2)

He started going there with his wife and continued going after her death 10 years ago. Even after losing the ability to drive, House still made his daily trips to the donut shop with the help of friends in the community who offered him rides.

“Everybody has been so nice to me,” House said. “They made a new home for me after my wife died. Rainbow Donuts became my home.”

But after suffering a fall, House’s children decided it would be best if the 98-year-old World War II veteran moved to an assisted living facility in San Diego.

And with just a few days before he turns 99, the community came together to throw House a farewell birthday party at his beloved donut shop.

House said he will be back to celebrate his 100th birthday next year.

Cheers, guys!
    hedonist said:
    Yesterday, I was watching a sloooow local police pursuit, as a single driver was using the carpool lane and wouldn't stop.  Turned out to be an older man who was confused and had no idea what was going on.  It broke my heart.

So when I saw this on the news earlier, it made me  :)

Not world-changing stuff, but very sweet nonetheless.  Well-deserved, too.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/06/13/wwii-vet-celebrates-birthday-at-donut-shop/

WEST COVINA (CBSLA) — Thomas House has been a regular at Rainbow Donuts in West Covina for more than 30 years.

Thomas House celebrates his birthday at his favorite donut shop. (CBS2)

He started going there with his wife and continued going after her death 10 years ago. Even after losing the ability to drive, House still made his daily trips to the donut shop with the help of friends in the community who offered him rides.

“Everybody has been so nice to me,” House said. “They made a new home for me after my wife died. Rainbow Donuts became my home.”

But after suffering a fall, House’s children decided it would be best if the 98-year-old World War II veteran moved to an assisted living facility in San Diego.

And with just a few days before he turns 99, the community came together to throw House a farewell birthday party at his beloved donut shop.

House said he will be back to celebrate his 100th birthday next year.

I love it!

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Well the good news for me is turn off the news and build a garden full album just came out yesterday been waiting for it for a long time.
    https://youtu.be/XMal5XY2lvo
    Somehow Lukas Nelson makes it look easy.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow!  The kid is cool, what he is doing is excellent, the bow ties are amazing, and the kid can operate a sewing machine!  Bravo!

(I've always wanted to learn to run a sewing machine but my mother, who did a lot of sewing, would about once a year... well, let's put it this way, about once a year she's be sewing away and all of the sudden you'd hear this loud scream and then she'd go running for the box of band aids.  I always figured those machines were evil!)

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    PJ_Soul said:
    Awesome kid. Great story.

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    PJ_Soul said:
    As a quilter, I know how much fun being a fabric addict can be and he's using it for a wonderful and loving cause. What beautiful bow ties he's making. :) Thanks for sharing that.
    Falling down,...not staying down

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Teens missing in Algonquin Park for 4 days found in 'great shape'
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/teens-missing-in-algonquin-park-for-4-days-found-in-great-shape-1.4508215

These 2 teens are so impressive...they got lost in Ontario's biggest park but had enough knowledge to set up camp and stay put and wait for help.  Their parents should be so proud of these 2 and the people along the way who taught them invaluable skills to survive lost in Bear country.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Teens missing in Algonquin Park for 4 days found in 'great shape'
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/teens-missing-in-algonquin-park-for-4-days-found-in-great-shape-1.4508215

These 2 teens are so impressive...they got lost in Ontario's biggest park but had enough knowledge to set up camp and stay put and wait for help.  Their parents should be so proud of these 2 and the people along the way who taught them invaluable skills to survive lost in Bear country.
    Very cool!  Those are two smart girls.  And their parents have good reason to be proud.  They did the right things and had the right frame of mind-  a text book case that could be right out of this book:

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

There were 2,967 tigers in India in 2018, according to the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), which performs the survey.
    This represents a 33% increase compared to the last survey in 2014, according to a statement from the NTCA, and continues population growth that has been observed since 2006.

Fewer than 4,000 tigers remain on Earth, according to the World Wildlife Fund says. Most live in reservations in India, where killing a tiger can result in jail time.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/india-tigers-modi-scli-intl/index.html

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

Eat vegetarian = No horses or other animals in slaughterhouses.

Cute Willy:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"