Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    pjhawks said:
    Cluffys boy has sucked so far...now that’s he’s in a real league 
    I said when you got him that he loses his control and walks a tightrope. Did not work out today. Has more often than not in the past, including 2 bases loaded no out situations (not necessarily of his doing both times) in the playoffs. He is getting older and has pitched a lot of innings though.

real league?!? Lol
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    pjhawks said:
    Cluffys boy has sucked so far...now that’s he’s in a real league 
    I said when you got him that he loses his control and walks a tightrope. Did not work out today. Has more often than not in the past, including 2 bases loaded no out situations (not necessarily of his doing both times) in the playoffs. He is getting older and has pitched a lot of innings though.

real league?!? Lol
    I thought you’d get a kick out of the real league comment 😎
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    Apparently Robertson walked 3 guys in a row once in the last 3 or 4 years. Then he did it again yesterday.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    KIMBREL
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    JK_Livin said:
    KIMBREL
    He didn't sign with them, did he? :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:
    KIMBREL
    He didn't sign with them, did he? :confused:
    No, I'm saying we need to sign him. 1 year $40mil
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    edited April 2019
    What a difference a couple years can make 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The greatest eight hole hitter in the history of baseball strikes again
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    edited April 2019
    These guys are scoring mad runs. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Heading down today. Should be a glorious day weather-wise. Hopefully Eflin pitches as well as he did last time out and is able to stay in longer than 5. Go Phils
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Heading down today. Should be a glorious day weather-wise. Hopefully Eflin pitches as well as he did last time out and is able to stay in longer than 5. Go Phils
    great day for some baseball. Going down there later tonight for Muse.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    #Rhysmode
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    should have won that game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    JK_Livin said:
    KIMBREL

you really want that asshat?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Tough loss (again). I don't mind Kapler shuffling guys right now, but by like the end of May guys need to know their roles.

And I wouldn't get irrational and sign Kimbrel to a massive deal unless he wants to do a one-year deal. And I'm certainly not giving up a pick for him. Bullpens, even the best that are paid a premium, are still essentially a coin-flip year-in and year-out.

I'd much prefer signing Kuechel to a 3-year deal at $20M/yr if he'd take it. I have much less confidence in the rotation. And if you're going to spend nearly $20M I'd much prefer to do that on a starter than a reliever. I want a guy I know I can get 7 innings out of instead of 1. 

You've got Nola and Arrieta and a bunch of guys. Not that Arrieta is anything great, but no one sticks out in this rotation. Eflin off to a great start, but you can argue that Velasquez, Eikhoff, Eflin, Pivetta should all be duking it out for the 5th spot. Maybe the 4th.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    Ugly series against the Nats
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Tough loss (again). I don't mind Kapler shuffling guys right now, but by like the end of May guys need to know their roles.

And I wouldn't get irrational and sign Kimbrel to a massive deal unless he wants to do a one-year deal. And I'm certainly not giving up a pick for him. Bullpens, even the best that are paid a premium, are still essentially a coin-flip year-in and year-out.

I'd much prefer signing Kuechel to a 3-year deal at $20M/yr if he'd take it. I have much less confidence in the rotation. And if you're going to spend nearly $20M I'd much prefer to do that on a starter than a reliever. I want a guy I know I can get 7 innings out of instead of 1. 

You've got Nola and Arrieta and a bunch of guys. Not that Arrieta is anything great, but no one sticks out in this rotation. Eflin off to a great start, but you can argue that Velasquez, Eikhoff, Eflin, Pivetta should all be duking it out for the 5th spot. Maybe the 4th.
    At this point why wouldn’t Kimbrell take a one year “show me” deal? Is he willing to sit for the whole season?

What would it take to trade for Bumgarner?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

At this point why wouldn’t Kimbrell take a one year “show me” deal? Is he willing to sit for the whole season?

Too much considering his status there probably.

Also why I was a bit iffy on the Sixto trade at the time.  Felt like he could be better served for something along these lines.
  • Options
    relax people. jeez some of you guys are panicking already. there are on a 103 win pace. no need to sign or trade for anyone just yet. plenty of time for that.
  • Options

I would think even if Kimbrell sits and costs him a year he'd still get more dollars following this season than doing a one year deal and risking some freak injury. I mean he's not getting a 5 year deal, best he can hope for is 4 years. Biggest thing is I'm guessing teams just don't want to pay the pick for him in addition to the years. I figure he signs after the draft for a 4 year (essentially a 3.5 yr) deal.

I'm not trading for Bumgarner because I think he'll cost too much, and I'm not even sure you have the prospects the Giants would be remotely interested in to get him . I'd much rather spend the pure cash, instead of getting a rental, plunk Kuechel into the rotation, and be done with it. It's funny because it's such a loooong fucking season and we could be saying "the fuck were we thinking?" in August.

I dunno, you just can't rely on Pivetta/Eflin/Eikhoff/Velasquez to fill in 3 spots of your rotation. They should be fighting for one spot, at most two.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:
    relax people. jeez some of you guys are panicking already. there are on a 103 win pace. no need to sign or trade for anyone just yet. plenty of time for that.
    The overreactions after the first series of the season were absurd as are any overreactions now. 

That said, I don't think it's a stretch to say that this team isn't winning the world series with this pitching staff and they need help.  Not like this wasn't a point in the offseason as well.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    The overreactions after the first series of the season were absurd as are the overreactions now. 

That said, I don't think it's a stretch to say that this team isn't winning the world series with this pitching staff and they need help.  Not like this wasn't a point in the offseason as well.
    Agree mostly but the point was it's way too early to make a bad trade or signing of the likes of Kimbrel. plenty of time to help out the pitching staff.  Of course if Nola is hurt and not letting on...  the fact is this is a good team and will be in the race all year long.  can tweak later without over paying in April.  

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    The overreactions after the first series of the season were absurd as are the overreactions now. 

Agree mostly but the point was it's way too early to make a bad trade or signing of the likes of Kimbrel. plenty of time to help out the pitching staff.  Of course if Nola is hurt and not letting on...  the fact is this is a good team and will be in the race all year long.  can tweak later without over paying in April.  

Or, you know the bullpen or the rotation could be an issue so why not sign someone now rather than give up people later
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Or, you know the bullpen or the rotation could be an issue so why not sign someone now rather than give up people later
    you can say that about every team in the both leagues.  I mean your Yanks are in worse shape with all the injuries why haven't they signed either guy?  are you advocating the same for every other team or just this one?
  • Options
    See point above about when it's August. Regardless, though, the rotation is more of a long-term issue to me than the bullpen. That can be remedied right now with a decent pitcher slotted in the middle of the rotation that will only cost you money and not players.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

you can say that about every team in the both leagues.  I mean your Yanks are in worse shape with all the injuries why haven't they signed either guy?  are you advocating the same for every other team or just this one?
    I think Keuchel kinda stinks (or will) and I think the bullpen is the least of the Yankees worries right about now, but I of course would be open to signing anyone.  If there were better position players available, I'd be beating the drum for them to be signing people for sure.

Edit: I do think the Yanks should consider Keuchel with the Severino news.  Gio will be up soon too.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    I also think Milwaukee and Atlanta and Washington should also sign Kimbrell.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:
    Who here is panicking? We’ve all been saying they need an additional pitcher since the end of last season...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Who here is panicking? We’ve all been saying they need an additional pitcher since the end of last season...
    I'm not panicking. I'm more frustrated than anything. But yeah we still need to add at least one solid pitcher to the roster.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD