What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    goldrush said:
    Tag.

I thought it was pretty fun. I love that it was based on a true story.
    ......... same here!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    US 

terrible terrible terriible script. Lazy writing, high budget execution. Plot holes and very stupid, very predictable ending. 

A dissappinting follow up to get out. I guess that’s what happens when the studio breathes down your neck for another film right away. Solid cash grab. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492
    riley540 said:
    US 

terrible terrible terriible script. Lazy writing, high budget execution. Plot holes and very stupid, very predictable ending. 

A dissappinting follow up to get out. I guess that’s what happens when the studio breathes down your neck for another film right away. Solid cash grab. 
    How was it a high budget?  They budgeted $20M and made more than three times that in the first weekend.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    riley540 said:
    US 

How was it a high budget?  They budgeted $20M and made more than three times that in the first weekend.
    And 2 years not "right away"
    edited March 2019
    riley540 said:
    US 

And Monkeypaw is Jordan Peele's company.  So he was breathing down his own neck?
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    A Star is Born with Lady Gaga - meh
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    That movie was SO worth it, for Bradley Cooper's Bale/Batman voice impression alone.
    Scored a fucking 11 on the 1-10 unintentional comedy scale. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited March 2019
    That movie was SO worth it, for Bradley Cooper's Bale/Batman voice impression alone.
    Scored a fucking 11 on the 1-10 unintentional comedy scale. 
    I really liked the musical parts of this movie... I did find myself very distracted from the rest of it because of my internal cries of, "Are you crazy lady?!?! Run like the wind! Red flag alert!" Everyone else in the theatre seemed to think it was romantic or something. To me it was just a big fucking stupid mistake on her part. Also, she totally sold out for a while there. But I still enjoyed the movie, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    My wife loved it and I enjoyed it....but mostly because of Cooper's voice.  I just could not stop laughing at it, and imagining him saying lines from The Dark Knight.
    Plus, when he pissed himself
    High comedy.
    Plus, when he pissed himself
    High comedy.
    I cringed, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    riley540 said:
    US 

And Monkeypaw is Jordan Peele's company.  So he was breathing down his own neck?
    The movie was produced by Universal. One of Hollywood’s biggest money makers 

and I mean that the poor script was masked by excellent cunemetography and visuals, which cost a lot of coin. 

My gripe is is that that the scrips was lazy. A film should show you stuff, but the big climax was litterally one of the characters explaining the entire plot, standing in one spot, for over 3 minutes. It’s lazy writing. 
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    US 

The movie was produced by Universal. One of Hollywood’s biggest money makers 

and I mean that the poor script was masked by excellent cunemetography and visuals, which cost a lot of coin. 

My gripe is is that that the scrips was lazy. A film should show you stuff, but the big climax was litterally one of the characters explaining the entire plot, standing in one spot, for over 3 minutes. It’s lazy writing. 
    It was distributed by Universal, but produced by Peele’s company.  I don’t care if you like the movie or not.  I just don’t agree that he’s selling out.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Avengers Infinity War. Holy muther******* **** ! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    The Dirt
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    A Quiet Place.  Seriously overrated.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    It's only amazing in the theatre.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    Documentary about Swedish Democrat group leader Mattias Karlsson
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:
    Only when Harvest Moon played. 

Lazy movie. Can't stand all these overrated horror films lately - that oine last yeat and Us this year.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:

Lazy movie. Can't stand all these overrated horror films lately - that oine last yeat and Us this year.
    It was amazing in the theatre because of the extreme tension the silence created in there. People couldn't even chew without feeling nervous about it. :lol: I thought that REALLY worked to increase the enjoyment of a horror film. Love it. But yeah, it falls flat at home a little. But I don't think it was overrated. I didn't think Get Out was overrated either. I really liked it. I haven't seen Us yet.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It was amazing in the theatre because of the extreme tension the silence created in there. People couldn't even chew without feeling nervous about it. :lol: I thought that REALLY worked to increase the enjoyment of a horror film. Love it. But yeah, it falls flat at home a little. But I don't think it was overrated. I didn't think Get Out was overrated either. I really liked it. I haven't seen Us yet.
    Well, it makes sense then that it's more suspenseful in a theater.  It just seemed really sloooow to me except when it made you jump.  A little too much view of the creatures too.  They're scary when you can only get a glimpse but after you've seen them several times, the effect is just kind of "Got it, they're weird."

I loved Get Out. 
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Get Out had a nice premisse. But I thought it fell hard after he figured everything out on. 

Like a 25 minute Twilight Zone someone had to try to tack 60 more minutes to. 

AND YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT.
    Get Out had a nice premisse. But I thought it fell hard after he figured everything out on. 

Like a 25 minute Twilight Zone someone had to try to tack 60 more minutes to. 

AND YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT.
    I don't. I really liked the whole thing.
    Also, I totally fucking love Mother!
    A Quiet Place = boring/overrated, to me.  I know lots liked it but I wanted my 90 minutes back

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    A Quiet Place was very good. Nothing boring about it to me.
    Cillan Murphy signed up to star with Emily Blunt for the sequel. Love that guy. Let's go!
    I agree, Get Out was def overrated because of the director and I'll hold judgement on Us until I see it.
    Mother was bat shit crazy in a good way. It helps to know what the Director was going for.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Mercy Black(Netflix)
    Sucked. The ending marginally made up for a little bit of it but the other 90% of the movie was jump scares garbage. Blumhouse is so hit or miss.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    A Quiet Place was very good. Nothing boring about it to me.
    Cillan Murphy signed up to star with Emily Blunt for the sequel. Love that guy. Let's go!
    I agree, Get Out was def overrated because of the director and I'll hold judgement on Us until I see it.
    Mother was bat shit crazy in a good way. It helps to know what the Director was going for.
    Now that's awesome news!!!!  Cillian Murphy is fantastic, I love Peaky Blinders!!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    Alien

Haven't watched it in awhile. Still holds pretty well. Although I do have a question, why was there a cat on board on the mission?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited April 2019
    Alien

Haven't watched it in awhile. Still holds pretty well. Although I do have a question, why was there a cat on board on the mission?
    Because she loves her cat and wants him to be with her. Those trips she was taking were years long.
    I love Jonesy! He is the only true survivor from the franchise. I actually named my own beloved cat (now deceased) after him - had a nice ring with my last name. RIP Jonesy Jones. Vets always chuckled when they looked at the chart. :)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    Shazam

fun film