The National Football League

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Odell Beckham traded to the Browns. Pretty surprising. Antonio Brown is probably all pissed off right now. "They supposed to be talkin' 'bout me!"
    Browns next Super Bowl Champs! :tongue:
    They certainly have to be favorites to win their division now.
    Steelers have gotten worse, Ravens have gotten worse (and the gimmick offense isn't sustainable) and the Bengals are the Bengals.

This weekend we rock Portland
    Jason P said:
    I understand the value of draft picks, but let's say you get a good haul of picks on a trade ... you are hoping that two pan out, one being top 10 in their position and the other being a good central team player ... most likely the other picks will wash out.  Best case scenario you are praying that one become elite (OBJ for example).  This is the gamble. 

So when trading an elite player for a handful of picks where best case scenario is one of those picks becomes an elite player ... well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not a Giants fan tonight. 
    They got the #17 overall, a 3rd rounder and Peppers, so a far superior haul than the Steelers took up the bum from the Raiders (that has to be one of the most one sided deals in recent memory), but still Beckham is a generational talent who is not going to be replaced by this year's 17th overall pick. Giants are screwed for a few years, especially if they trot Eli out there for anything longer than this season. Saquon Barkley must be hating life today. Teams will be putting 11 in the box against him.
    Leveon Bell to the Jets
    Pass on 5 yrs $70 Mil form the Steelers, skip last year and pass up $14.5Mil for the season, sign for 4 yrs and $52.5 Mil.
    Smart. (and play for the Jets...smarterer)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    It’s nice to see all these assholes end up on teams like these.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited March 2019
    Poncier said:
    Jason P said:
    I understand the value of draft picks, but let's say you get a good haul of picks on a trade ... you are hoping that two pan out, one being top 10 in their position and the other being a good central team player ... most likely the other picks will wash out.  Best case scenario you are praying that one become elite (OBJ for example).  This is the gamble. 

So when trading an elite player for a handful of picks where best case scenario is one of those picks becomes an elite player ... well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not a Giants fan tonight. 
    They got the #17 overall, a 3rd rounder and Peppers, so a far superior haul than the Steelers took up the bum from the Raiders (that has to be one of the most one sided deals in recent memory), but still Beckham is a generational talent who is not going to be replaced by this year's 17th overall pick. Giants are screwed for a few years, especially if they trot Eli out there for anything longer than this season. Saquon Barkley must be hating life today. Teams will be putting 11 in the box against him.
    There are some differences. The Giants were negotiating form a position of strength. The Steelers were not.  Every single team knew the Steelers could not bring Brown back, not after he quit on the team and missed a must win week 17 game. Not after he has gone crazy and ruined his own trade value.  Brown also said he would just retire unless he approved the trade.  Beckham did none of that, put up just as good or better numbers, and is 5 years younger.  We will see how Brown likes playing for an average QB, and does not have other pro-bowlers on his offense. 

Steelers should have done sort of what they did with Bell. Play for his contract, forced Brown to whatever team they traded him to, or called his bluff on retiring. 

Also the Emergence of JuJu and Conner helps with the sting of losing those guys. Not saying the Gm and Tomlin did not blow it though. They really screwed this up. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Poncier said:
    Leveon Bell to the Jets
    Pass on 5 yrs $70 Mil form the Steelers, skip last year and pass up $14.5Mil for the season, sign for 4 yrs and $52.5 Mil.
    Smart. (and play for the Jets...smarterer)

All about the guaranteed money....that offer from the steelers allegedly only had $15M guaranteed and his Jets contract has $35M guaranteed.  But yeah I still think it was pretty crazy to not play at all last year...that's a shitload of money to leave on the table.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Poncier said:
    Jason P said:

keep in mind the Steelers always seem to do well with deep draft picks. AB was a 6 rounder.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Browns rumored to be in on Earl Thomas

if they can get him, have Denzel Ward with Garrett& company up front.... man they are serious contenders 
    Scratch the above

Earl getting paid big by Ravens 4/$55m

Mark Ingram to Ravens too
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    I like Bell on the Jets.

I like that the Giants got rid of Odell.

I like that AB has left the Steelers.

Please Denver, draft a good QB and don't let Elway make the pick.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    This Tyreek Hill story could get ugly.  Hope it is not what this is being positioned to be.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    This Tyreek Hill story could get ugly.  Hope it is not what this is being positioned to be.
    Yeah that doesn't sound good.  But wouldn't surprise me from a guy who beat up his pregnant girlfriend in the past....what a piece of trash.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yeah he is that.  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Clay Matthews to the Rams
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    igotid88 said:
    Clay Matthews to the Rams

he can film more commercials in SoCal.

cobb to the cowboys.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    The only other team that deserves Vontaze Burfict other than the Bengals was the Raiders.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Cards met with Kyler, Giants would be smart to offer a 4th rd pick for Rosen, settle on a 3rd round at best. If it doesn't workout next years class is better.
    CROJAM95 said:
    Cards met with Kyler, Giants would be smart to offer a 4th rd pick for Rosen, settle on a 3rd round at best. If it doesn't workout next years class is better.

crazy how you could trade up to get a guy at #10 in the first round and then dump him for a 3rd or fourth round pick.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    full name joshua ballinger lippincott rosen.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The only other team that deserves Vontaze Burfict other than the Bengals was the Raiders.
    JuJu’s hit never bothered me one bit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:

crazy how you could trade up to get a guy at #10 in the first round and then dump him for a 3rd or fourth round pick.
    Cards firing a coach after only one year, a shitty roster with a rookie qb is pretty bad.... what were their expectations last year?

this potential pick of Murray is only because Kingsbury, no one else would do this.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    CROJAM95 said:

Who is the crook on the right?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

^ Kells

all in their way to the JACK SHACK
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Anyone else hoping for some unintentionally funny Rob Gronkowski action films? I can see it now....

Leader of a zombie horde: Joke's on you, Gronk. You've only destroyed half of our horde!
    Gronk: Then it looks like I'm half the distance to the goal (pulls out Rambo-style machine guns and begins firing)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Anyone else hoping for some unintentionally funny Rob Gronkowski action films? I can see it now....

Leader of a zombie horde: Joke's on you, Gronk. You've only destroyed half of our horde!
    Gronk: Then it looks like I'm half the distance to the goal (pulls out Rambo-style machine guns and begins firing)
    tagline: That's Offside! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    To be honest, I thought Gronkowski's verbal skills were limited to: "Me Gronk, score downs."

Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    edited March 2019
    Pass Interference and non-calls are reviewable next season on a 1 year trial basis
    I miss igotid88
    What does that mean?  Any time one of the officials thinks there may have been a foul that they missed they can review?
    Or any time a coach feels there may have been a non call they can throw a flag?
    Tough stuff..

Michael Irvin undergoing testing for possible throat cancer.

Hope for the best for him, like him  lot as an analyst.

AAF suspends the season
    I miss igotid88