Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• WELD

is so great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:

No country I feel like revisiting this summer. Hmm.... 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    WELD

is so great.
    Could well be my favourite live album of all time.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    WELD

is so great.

Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.
    Yes and yes.  PLEASE, Neil, re-release this on vinyl and DVD!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.
    No, your favorite one is Tori Amos - To Venus and Back live disc like everyones is. 
  • Has Neil Young ever looked cooler than in 2001?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWH8teHR14Q
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.
    No, your favorite one is Tori Amos - To Venus and Back live disc like everyones is. 
    Massey Hall is still my all time favorite live show.  The vinyl sounds like he is in your living room.  

Although I recently got Bruce's Christic shows from 1990, and that is a 1B now, it's that damn good.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.
    Massey Hall is still my all time favorite live show.  The vinyl sounds like he is in your living room.  

Although I recently got Bruce's Christic shows from 1990, and that is a 1B now, it's that damn good.  
    I'd say MTV Unplugged must be my favorite Neil live show.
    mrussel1 said:
    Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.

I'd say MTV Unplugged must be my favorite Neil live show.
    That is very good.  I just wish there was a better recording of it.  It's a great show, but the sonics don't come close to Massey, which is just pristine.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mrussel1 said:
    Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.

100%

It's truly amazing, and he does sound like he's right in your living room
  • cornelia.hcornelia.h Vienna Posts: 47
    Just got my tickets for Berlin on July 3, pretty excited for that one!
    Salzburg 2000, Vienna 2006, Munich 2007, Novarock 2007, Prag, Berlin 1 + 2, Stockholm 2012, EV London 1 + 2 2012, Vienna 2014, EV Berlin 2017, Berlin 2018, EV Amsterdam I + II 2019
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

This gem just showed up on my doorstep.

I know some folks don’t dig this phase of Neil’s career, but I love it. Some straight up twang and first rate players. Plus, a few of the tracks were recorded a couple of blocks from my house.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Edved82 said:
    WELD

is so great.

100%

It's truly amazing, and he does sound like he's right in your living room
    Massey is unmatched IMO. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 265
    Do you think / know there will be anothers euro shows this summer ?
    freddie vedder
  • What does "expanded edition" mean?

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10697

Nash produced an expanded form of 4 Way Street for compact disc, released on June 15, 1992. The expanded edition included four solo performances on acoustic guitars, one by each member. Neil Young performed a medley of three songs from his first two solo albums; Stephen Stills included the at-the-time unreleased "Black Queen" from his eponymous debut; Crosby contributed his also yet to be issued "Laughing" from his 1971 debut LP; and Nash performed "King Midas in Reverse," The Hollies' single from 1967, which although credited to Allan Clarke, Nash and Tony Hicks, was written solely by Nash.[5]

Additional tracks from the tour appeared on the CSN box set released in 1991, as well as Young's The Archives Vol. 1 1963–1972 released in 2009.

• mrussel1 said:

Nash produced an expanded form of 4 Way Street for compact disc, released on June 15, 1992. The expanded edition included four solo performances on acoustic guitars, one by each member. Neil Young performed a medley of three songs from his first two solo albums; Stephen Stills included the at-the-time unreleased "Black Queen" from his eponymous debut; Crosby contributed his also yet to be issued "Laughing" from his 1971 debut LP; and Nash performed "King Midas in Reverse," The Hollies' single from 1967, which although credited to Allan Clarke, Nash and Tony Hicks, was written solely by Nash.[5]

Additional tracks from the tour appeared on the CSN box set released in 1991, as well as Young's The Archives Vol. 1 1963–1972 released in 2009.

Ah okey. Don't own the original release so I've never known Neil Youngs medley etc wasn't on the vinyl.

Then this is worth buying!
    mrussel1 said:

Ah okey. Don't own the original release so I've never known Neil Youngs medley etc wasn't on the vinyl.

Then this is worth buying!
    It's on my list, along with Easy Street.  The rest of the list looks kinda weak.
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Dead Man Soundtrack has now been reissued and available on vinyl.
    There are quite a few new replies in the Letters To The Editor section today. Tuscaloosa will be the next Archives release, followed by Homegrown

...and “Weld is coming” :smiley:

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

How about Denmark instead then?

(Tim Rogers)
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 265
    Hope for more dates (France, Italy...) in june
    freddie vedder
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

How about Denmark instead then?

That's a train ride away.. pretty much. Only scandinavian date. But I guess Tinderbox is a festival... hmmmmmmmmmmm
    goldrush said:
    There are quite a few new replies in the Letters To The Editor section today. Tuscaloosa will be the next Archives release, followed by Homegrown

Haha. I remember watching the WELD show growing up and how we cringed at the crowd. I'd like a cut without the shots of the audience...
    goldrush said:

Haha. I remember watching the WELD show growing up and how we cringed at the crowd. I'd like a cut without the shots of the audience...
    edited March 2019
    DURAN DURAN at that danish festival. Im going! At the same time, with festival ticket and stuff it's gonna end up more expensive than just gouing to Berlin or wherever. Haha. Hmmmmmmm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    Ugh. He's booked The Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. That is the worst venue in town because of shitty sound, and I've boycotted it. I guess I won't be seeing Neil this tour. That sucks, because it is fairly likely that it would have been my last chance. Unless he switched venues again. The last time he came to town he started out booked in the QE, but then moved it to the arena "due to high demand".
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ugh. He's booked The Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. That is the worst venue in town because of shitty sound, and I've boycotted it. I guess I won't be seeing Neil this tour. That sucks, because it is fairly likely that it would have been my last chance. Unless he switched venues again. The last time he came to town he started out booked in the QE, but then moved it to the arena "due to high demand".
    Just buy a ticket.... 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just buy a ticket.... 
    No way - shows at the venue are a completely fucking waste of money. All they result in for me is disappointment. I've learned my lesson with this place.... It managed to completely ruin the one and only time I ever got to see Soundgarden, which I'm pretty bitter about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata