Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:
    The live stream is from The Orpheum tonight

Is the mobile version working yet?
    Yep, the app is working. I think this will be the first live stream since the app launch, but they have been showing the individual Greendale videos in the hearse theatre recently so there shouldn’t be any problems.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    goldrush said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

Yep, the app is working. I think this will be the first live stream since the app launch, but they have been showing the individual Greendale videos in the hearse theatre recently so there shouldn’t be any problems.
    Still only apple... booooooo!

Once droid is good I'm in for life
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Do you have to be a subscriber to watch the stream?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

RS151862 said:
    Do you have to be a subscriber to watch the stream?
    Yes you do

(Tim Rogers)
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

View from my seat for tonight. Don’t let anyone tell the view from the box seats at a theater suck.

View from my seat for tonight. Don’t let anyone tell the view from the box seats at a theater suck.
    Awesome! Have a great time!

(Tim Rogers)
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

Scratch that! The stream wasn’t working on the app today, only from a laptop (I think some people could get it on iPad through Safari)

(Tim Rogers)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Look out mamma...
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

Nice!  Box seats, lower balcony-- my favorite kind of seating for shows!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Stream did not work on the app, quite disappointing. It seems that NYA expected it to as they were replying to comments with "...not working yet". Hopefully they figure it out for next time
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    Beautiful show last night in Minneapolis. Neil’s voice was clear and sounded amazing. Looking forward to doing it again on Thursday.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    goldrush said:

I frickin' forgot all about it and missed the Stream.

How was it? Was a video stream or just a Audio Stream?

How was the show?
    cutz said:
    goldrush said:

I frickin' forgot all about it and missed the Stream.

How was it? Was a video stream or just a Audio Stream?

How was the show?
    It was a video stream, directed by Daryl Hannah. It worked great for me in Sydney, although there were a few people who were complaining of a bad stream in different parts of the US (go figure). The app wasn't working though, hopefully they'll have fixed that for the next stream next week.

Here's the set list:

1.            The Last Trip To Tulsa

2.            Mansion On The Hill

3.            The Needle And The Damage Done

4.            Comes A Time

5.            I Am A Child

6.            Old King

7.            Green Is Blue

8.            Journey Through The Past

9.            Eternity

10.          One Of These Days

11.          See The Sky About To Rain

12.          Broken Arrow

13.          Like A Hurricane

14.          Thrasher

15.          Ohio

16.          Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

17.          Harvest Moon

18.          Out On The Weekend

19.          Heart Of Gold

---

20.          Tumbleweed

(Tim Rogers)
    @cutz There is another stream from the State Theater TONIGHT! 8.30pm CST

It seems that they are trying to work out the glitches that some people had last night. It will be laptop only, the app may be tested next time

(Tim Rogers)
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    goldrush said:

It seems that they are trying to work out the glitches that some people had last night. It will be laptop only, the app may be tested next time

Wahoo!
    Tonight's stream was bit choppy in places, and it seemed like they were testing different mic levels as there was a bit of echo in places, but it was still a cool stream of another great set. 

Cinnamon Girl was a cool opener, but Pocahontas was a bit off. It sounded like Neil was struggling with it. But then, from out of nowhere, came Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) - the first time Neil has ever played it live! No introduction, just bang - a 50 year old song gets a live debut at last, and he nailed it! 

2019-01-29, State Theatre, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Solo

1.            Cinnamon Girl

2.            Pocahontas

3.            Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) 

4.            White Line

5.            Long May You Run

6.            Old King

7.            Green Is Blue

8.            Are You Ready For The Country?

9.            Harvest

10.          Southern Man

11.          Don't Let It Bring You Down

12.          See The Sky About To Rain

13.          Broken Arrow

14.          Stupid Girl (tease)

15.          F*!#in' Up

16.          Thrasher

17.          (Olden Days)

18.          Down By The River

19.          Out On The Weekend

20.          From Hank To Hendrix

21.          Heart Of Gold

---

22.          Tumbleweed

The crowd wasn't great at times - Stupid Girl was just a tease in response to people shouting out, and Neil stopped F*!#in' Up to complain that they weren't singing the "why do I?" part. "It's a singalong folks!" :)

Two live streams this week, with Winnipeg to come. The $20 NYA subscription has paid for itself already :clap:

(Tim Rogers)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited January 2019
    goldrush said:

THANKS for the heads-up, but i missed it AGAIN.

Thank you anyway. 

How was this Stream?
    Post edited by cutz on
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Neil and the Promise of the Real will play the Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, OR on May 23.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Another stunning show tonight in Minneapolis. Highlights: Cowgirl, Don’t be Denied, Cortez... the whole damn thing. Glad I was able to catch a few of these shows.
    Another stunning show tonight in Minneapolis. Highlights: Cowgirl, Don’t be Denied, Cortez... the whole damn thing. Glad I was able to catch a few of these shows.
    So jealous of everyone at these shows! Not much chance of Neil doing solos in Australia though unfortunately...

I saw that Running Dry was played again tonight. Someone posted on FB that the time between release and first live performance of Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) = 49 years, 8 months. Time between first and second live performances of Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) = 48 hours!

(Tim Rogers)
  • There is no Neil song I would not want to hear. He could play the most greatest hits of greatest hits shows and it would still be a bliss. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    goldrush said:
    So jealous of everyone at these shows! Not much chance of Neil doing solos in Australia though unfortunately...

I saw that Running Dry was played again tonight. Someone posted on FB that the time between release and first live performance of Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) = 49 years, 8 months. Time between first and second live performances of Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets) = 48 hours!
    Wow!  And it's such a great song!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

my2hands said:
    goldrush said:
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

Update on the Android app 

(Tim Rogers)
    Northwest tour dates are up

(Tim Rogers)
    Hearing all this touring news got me in a Neil mood. 

I realized I'd only listened to Peace Trail a few times so gave it another spin.  This is one of Neil's strangest albums!  In the right mood, I like this out-in-left-field LP a lot.  It's cool how scaled down and basic it is.  I'm sure it's gotten some criticism for being "tossed off" and, true, it does sound like something three guys stayed up all night putting on tape, jamming in a small studio with comfortable couches, Persian carpets, a cat in the window bench and a hookah or pipe with feathers on the table.  It's definitely night-time music.  Cool!

• Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    brianlux said:
    Hearing all this touring news got me in a Neil mood. 

I realized I'd only listened to Peace Trail a few times so gave it another spin.  This is one of Neil's strangest albums!  In the right mood, I like this out-in-left-field LP a lot.  It's cool how scaled down and basic it is.  I'm sure it's gotten some criticism for being "tossed off" and, true, it does sound like something three guys stayed up all night putting on tape, jamming in a small studio with comfortable couches, Persian carpets, a cat in the window bench and a hookah or pipe with feathers on the table.  It's definitely night-time music.  Cool!
    I really liked Peace Trail. It's pretty offbeat, which is always something I look for in a Neil record, and far better than either of the records he's done with POTR. Jim Keltner's drumming is fantastic on it. Haven't spun that in a while so must go back to it. Thanks for the reminder!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Neil & The Horse are on stage tonight. and tomorrow. I'd kill for a ticket! Guessing no Poncho again? Wonder what happened there. 
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Are theres still tickets to the ireland show? Or the London show?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Edved82 said:
    Neil & The Horse are on stage tonight. and tomorrow. I'd kill for a ticket! Guessing no Poncho again? Wonder what happened there. 
    There will be a live stream of tonight's show on the Archives site. I think it starts at around 6.30pm PST

Poncho has pretty much retired now, although you never say never. He's perfectly happy as an organic farmer in Hawaii these days.

https://youtu.be/4RM0pIJO2sQ

(Tim Rogers)
  • Are theres still tickets to the ireland show? Or the London show?
      tickets still  available for Ireland.
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2