2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    my2hands said:
    If people stopped lining up 3 days before a show to buy obscene amounts of merch, two in every size, then maybe they would have to put a little more effort into the music and touring

I will NEVER wait in a merch line again in my life 
    Can't argue with that logic.
    (Although some will, of course) ;-)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    my2hands said:
    If people stopped lining up 3 days before a show to buy obscene amounts of merch, two in every size, then maybe they would have to put a little more effort into the music and touring

Those days are gone for me too.  
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    my2hands said:

Same, I always love a good poster, but it’s just not worth it anymore unless you get crazy lucky 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    my2hands said:
    eboweddie said:
    How many dates did the stones do in 2018. How many have the who booked.  
    The Stones and The Who debuted in 1963 and 1965, almost 30 years before PJ,  and their band members are now all about 75 years old... and I for one do not want PJ to emulate their careers, especially 20 years earlier lol

The Who have 30 shows booked so far and the Stones have 18 US Stadium shows I believe...
    I love The Who and the Stones, but neither band tours every year. Plus, The Who is now comprised of more (younger) hired guns than original members. The Stones employ at least 4 (younger) hired guns. The last Who tour had to be halted and postponed due to Roger's voice failing him. I've heard it argued, sometimes from the artists themselves, that both bands are imitations of their earlier forms.  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    kst said:
    PJ at Woodstock is over. Doesn’t sound like anything else planned for the summer except working on the new album. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As always things can change
    Without disclosing your source can you generally say what you are basing this on?
    I’m basing it on the information my source has given me. Trust me, I wish the news was better. 
    Thanks for that info.

I'm more then ok with it, if they're working on a new album.  Need some NEW music. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    cutz said:
    kst said:
    PJ at Woodstock is over. Doesn’t sound like anything else planned for the summer except working on the new album. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As always things can change
    Without disclosing your source can you generally say what you are basing this on?
    I’m basing it on the information my source has given me. Trust me, I wish the news was better. 
    Thanks for that info.

I'm more then ok with it, if they're working on a new album.  Need some NEW music. 
    If is the key word for me. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    my2hands said:
    Old and dusty rock band with an old and dusty catalog

They used to be the best band on the planet... it's a shame they aren't interested in being that any more... they have just become a group of guys that get together once in a while to cash in and play songs they recorded 20+ years ago

Oh well, nothing lasts forever 
    At this stage of their career I'm fine with them putting out a record every 5-8 years and leaning into their prime material when they play live. I'd be hard pressed to think of many bands writing at their peak 25+ years into their career.

Yeah, it would be great if they toured more and fewer festivals/stadiums. The best antidote to that is diversifying your interests. It's great when they come around, but I hardly notice when they don't. I see 40-50 shows per year and if a couple are Pearl Jam, awesome. 

Nope. They're out there. 

http://youtu.be/nssJ6NXndU4
    Man, I love Porcupine Tree but haven't really given his solo stuff a fair shake. Any recommendations? Blackfield and Storm Corrosion didn't really do it for me, so I just faded on the solo records.

Steven's last two solo albums are terrific. Hand Cannot Erase has great long proof style songs and his most recent To The Bone was a move towards the 5-6 minute song. He described the about as heavily influenced by 80s pop but the prog influence still shines strongly.

This is one off my favorites from the most recent, Same Asylum as Before

http://youtu.be/4Ine6gjxg48
    my2hands said:

Same, I always love a good poster, but it’s just not worth it anymore unless you get crazy lucky 

I recall last summer leaving to take Acela up to New England my wife says make sure you get your daughter a tee shirt!

I just looked at her and said "you have no idea, do you?" This is 930 am Sunday morning:

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    my2hands said:

I recall last summer leaving to take Acela up to New England my wife says make sure you get your daughter a tee shirt!

I just looked at her and said "you have no idea, do you?" This is 930 am Sunday morning:

That Fanatics advertisement in the pic is great. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    my2hands said:

I like the dude looking over his shoulder as if the flipper police are after him!

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This thread lately.....jeez, let's lighten up a bit.

Lighten up about what, the truth?
    Yes.

The truth sucks, we all wish we could have more more more. More tours, more albums. 

But some of the comments here are bordering on complete disrespect.  I get it, people are upset that they don't have their favorite band to go see or hear. I get that, and feel the same. 

But they arent assholes because they cant fully connect on an album or tour at this point. They have given me some of my favorite music and concerts over the years. It wont last forever.  Im sure we will all get more at some point. But they have earned whatever they are doing right now.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Only vote we have is with our $$$. Maybe less members buying every trinket, shirt, vault, record store day release would help, but I doubt it.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • motarmotar Posts: 141
    Less qq.  More rumors.
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    👇👇👇
    motar said:
    👉👉👉 Less qq.  More rumors. 👈👈👈
    👆👆👆
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Hard to have more rumours if there's nothing brewing.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yes.

The truth sucks, we all wish we could have more more more. More tours, more albums. 

But some of the comments here are bordering on complete disrespect.  I get it, people are upset that they don't have their favorite band to go see or hear. I get that, and feel the same. 

But they arent assholes because they cant fully connect on an album or tour at this point. They have given me some of my favorite music and concerts over the years. It wont last forever.  Im sure we will all get more at some point. But they have earned whatever they are doing right now.

Who is calling them names? Who said that they didn't earn the right to choose their own path? Fans are bummed about their consistently light schedule over the past five or so years. If anything, sadness over absence is a compliment.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Alice in Chains is supposed to be announcing their US tour dates today.  That'll help hold us over until PJ announces something. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Vedd Hedd said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yes.

Who is calling them names? Who said that they didn't earn the right to choose their own path? Fans are bummed about their consistently light schedule over the past five or so years. If anything, sadness over absence is a compliment.
    Exactly 

Disrespect? Where did anyone call them assholes?

Some of the pj apologists around here crack me up, just blind worship lol
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    JojoRice said:
    Alice in Chains is supposed to be announcing their US tour dates today.  That'll help hold us over until PJ announces something. 

Thanks Pete said:

I feel that since Layne is gone, the new band should call themselves "Alice in Chains"
    JojoRice said:

Yeah but they are probably playing large venues with Korn.

Chevelle is playing a similar co headline with Breaking Benjamin.  And for $80 you can get a seat very far from the stage..

I really like both these bands, but after paying $50 to see Chevelle many times play a full set in a 1500 capacity venue, to fork over much more to see them as tiny dots in a venue ten times larger, that "place order now" button is a surprisingly tough one to touch. A show including Korn will be no easier.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yes.

Exactly 

Apologists? The band doesn't owe any of us anything. (Except 2 records and 2 magazines.) They're a business, we're customers. I'm sorry if you misunderstood the relationship. 

They slowed down a while ago. A lot of us found other ways to fill the time. It's ok to be disappointed with their lack of activity, but it's annoying to check in and see people cross into anger.
    pjl44 said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yes.

Exactly 

Apologists? The band doesn't owe any of us anything. (Except 2 records and 2 magazines.) They're a business, we're customers. I'm sorry if you misunderstood the relationship. 

They slowed down a while ago. A lot of us found other ways to fill the time. It's ok to be disappointed with their lack of activity, but it's annoying to check in and see people cross into anger.

The anger seems to be from those who don't like the fan comments about the light activity over the past few years.

Fans honestly miss their presence on new albums and on stage. That's a compliment.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    What the fuck, how come we are talking about SW/PT all of a sudden? PT are fucking UNREAL. Incredible band. SW latest album is total shite but his other solo stuff is still pretty solid.

In Absentia
    Deadwing
    Fear Of A Blanket Planet

Ridiculously good albums. If you love Pink Floyd then The Sky Moves Sideways.

Maybe the best end part to a song ever. Just the whole build up to this end..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfY86cktN0
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    JojoRice said:
    Iam with you on Alice In Chains they put on a great show and usually come to Ohio

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    It will be sooner then later

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    trees said:
    It will be sooner then later
    thEn or thAn? Important distinction.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    Brisk. said:
    What the fuck, how come we are talking about SW/PT all of a sudden? PT are fucking UNREAL. Incredible band. SW latest album is total shite but his other solo stuff is still pretty solid.

In Absentia
    Deadwing
    Fear Of A Blanket Planet

Ridiculously good albums. If you love Pink Floyd then The Sky Moves Sideways.

Maybe the best end part to a song ever. Just the whole build up to this end..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfY86cktN0

My fault. A fan was asking about artists that find it challenging to put out great albums in their 50s. As a big SW and PT fan I figured Steven's last 2 solo records would be a good place to start.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjl44 said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    my2hands said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yes.

Exactly 

Calmer than you are, dude. Where do you see anger? You guys just make shit up as you go lol

Some of you make mountains out of molehills dont you? I'm filling my time just fine, thanks. 
  • I say the only thing they owe us is a little communication :dizzy: 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Alice in chains touring with Korn. Ughhhh.....I cant do it.