2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Barbato14 said:
    I never post ... shocked that someone hasn’t put this out, was in my car at 540EST listening to Lithium and the host said that PJ is touring with AIC, spent a solid 3 minutes talking about it and said details to come - anyone happen to catch this?
    Have not heard this but alternative nation has an extremely misleading headline (shocking!) That says the same thing. Article attached just talks about 1991 shows
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    ???
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    For those of you who wanted the band to play the Bethel Woods show, that has apparently fallen apart: 

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/02/18/1733896/0/en/INVNT-No-Longer-Involved-As-Bethel-Woods-Music-and-Culture-Festival-Changes-Direction-and-Becomes-Three-Separate-Events.html?fbclid=IwAR3B41ns9hBJQIKKwd9xtdLtFJWnylIkME5e6zzaIQINe3ZxalFGelKFGIY

It looks like Lang has taken all of the talent and the producers of the Bethel Woods show pulled out thinking they would lose money. 

That kind of sucks. I wasn't planning to attend any of them, but don't like seeing stuff "cancelled" either.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Barbato14 said:
    I never post ... shocked that someone hasn’t put this out, was in my car at 540EST listening to Lithium and the host said that PJ is touring with AIC, spent a solid 3 minutes talking about it and said details to come - anyone happen to catch this?
    No known rumors of this to date and PJ doesn't generally use openers anymore. I don't see this being accurate.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Barbato14 said:
    I thought I saw someone else post this somewhere, not necessarily lithium, but the AiC and Pearl Jam tour. Maybe it was referring to a past tour? I can't imagine AiC touring much past the dates they recently announced, without PJ
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited February 2019
    This was the tweet by Pearl Jam last week. Not sure where people are getting the joint tour rumors, though I wouldn't put it past Alt Nation to make that leap for clickbait:

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    and Jeff Ament's Army posted the handbill poster for Feb 17 show on FB.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    While I think that it would be awesome for AIC & PJ to tour together, I don't see it happening. Hope I'm proven wrong!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • foodboy said:
    canned heat is all dead. no original singers
    Yeah I was wondering if Canned Heat was still a thing.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• NewJPage said:
    Barbato14 said:
    Have not heard this but alternative nation has an extremely misleading headline (shocking!) That says the same thing. Article attached just talks about 1991 shows
    was listening in the last half hour or so and the host said he had no info on this and that if they did they would let the listeners know.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    I wonder if Michael Lang asked Bethel to pay a license fee or face legal action.  Would not surprise me. Hopefully that means Lang will announce his event soon.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Get_Right said:
    I wonder if Michael Lang asked Bethel to pay a license fee or face legal action.  Would not surprise me. Hopefully that means Lang will announce his event soon.
    Bethel announced lineup. Santana is the biggest name. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited February 2019

This is wild to me. 

Thursday is a movie showing.

The Beatles had nothing to do with the original Woodstock. I hope Ringos All-Star Band is exactly that with a bunch of guests. 

Arlo Guthrie is a nice catch! His set at the original Woodstock was a psychedelia wonderland. I believe the only things he told the audience during his short 30 min set were: "New York State throughway is closed, man" and "Lotta freaks!" then proceded to tell a story about Moses and the Israelites and compared the manna from heaven to acid.   =) 

Edgar Winter Band is probably the best thing about this tribute. He joined his brother Johnny at the original Woodstock to play Alto sax on a bunch of songs. Could you imagine being in a field at midnight listening to a bunch of jazzy guitar driven blues? 

Santana and the Doobies were already on this tour together if i remember correctly. Santana was probably approached first and just added this on his itinerary. Santana has also already said he was asked to play at both. And I think he will. 

With Santana and Canned Heat pretty much confirmed to play at Woodstock50, I truly think Lang is trying to out due himself at Watkins Glenn. OG Woodstock talent + Contemporary acts + acts that are guaranteed to draw 40k+ (Think uhhh i don't know, PJ, Dead & Co. Phish etc) And with him saying that they are looking for contemporary acts, but acts who tend to give back more to the community and PJ, Dead & Co., and Beyonce rumored to be playing, I can truly see it happening.  

Plus, the rumor is that Bethel Woods promoters heard whispers in the industry of this Woodstock50 lineup and thats why they pulled out. 

When you look at it on paper, the picture becomes a little clearer. 
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    One event is literally still called Woodstock. Guessing that is probably hard to overcome when putting together a rival event, in close proximity, for the exact same weekend.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Well I think there is little doubt that PJ was approached to play Watkins Glen.  Time will tell if they accepted.
    Michael Lang owns the rights to the Woodstock brand.  Bethel cant use it without paying a fee. I was a bit surprised when they announced a celebration without Lang.  Id guess a cease and desist letter went out. Or maybe just a phone call. Enough for them to back off. I would also guess the industry is behind Lang. Just a guess. But hey, you can now buy a woodstock 50 branded martin guitar for $599. I would bet Lang has this monetized to the max.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Get_Right said:
    Well I think there is little doubt that PJ was approached to play Watkins Glen.  Time will tell if they accepted.
    Michael Lang owns the rights to the Woodstock brand.  Bethel cant use it without paying a fee. I was a bit surprised when they announced a celebration without Lang.  Id guess a cease and desist letter went out. Or maybe just a phone call. Enough for them to back off. I would also guess the industry is behind Lang. Just a guess. But hey, you can now buy a woodstock 50 branded martin guitar for $599. I would bet Lang has this monetized to the max.

Part of Woodstock's charm was that unique plot of land.

No festival since had captured the incredible visuals of that live audience. Good luck again Mr. Lang.

• This is wild to me. 

Thursday is a movie showing.

The Beatles had nothing to do with the original Woodstock. I hope Ringos All-Star Band is exactly that with a bunch of guests. 

Arlo Guthrie is a nice catch! His set at the original Woodstock was a psychedelia wonderland. I believe the only things he told the audience during his short 30 min set were: "New York State throughway is closed, man" and "Lotta freaks!" then proceded to tell a story about Moses and the Israelites and compared the manna from heaven to acid.   =) 

Edgar Winter Band is probably the best thing about this tribute. He joined his brother Johnny at the original Woodstock to play Alto sax on a bunch of songs. Could you imagine being in a field at midnight listening to a bunch of jazzy guitar driven blues? 

Santana and the Doobies were already on this tour together if i remember correctly. Santana was probably approached first and just added this on his itinerary. Santana has also already said he was asked to play at both. And I think he will. 

With Santana and Canned Heat pretty much confirmed to play at Woodstock50, I truly think Lang is trying to out due himself at Watkins Glenn. OG Woodstock talent + Contemporary acts + acts that are guaranteed to draw 40k+ (Think uhhh i don't know, PJ, Dead & Co. Phish etc) And with him saying that they are looking for contemporary acts, but acts who tend to give back more to the community and PJ, Dead & Co., and Beyonce rumored to be playing, I can truly see it happening.  

Plus, the rumor is that Bethel Woods promoters heard whispers in the industry of this Woodstock50 lineup and thats why they pulled out. 

When you look at it on paper, the picture becomes a little clearer. 
    it's possible i'm totally weird and different lol but i see nothing "wild" about this announcement. imo
    a movie? lol. no thanks
    and this said with respect, but....
    ringo's allstar band no thanks.
    i dig santana and have seen arlo and santana more than once also a easy pass 
    BUT HAVE FUN ;)
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    People who are old enough to like Ringo Starr and Santana are going to camp out for a few nights? Sure.
    kaw753 said:
    People who are old enough to like Ringo Starr and Santana are going to camp out for a few nights? Sure.
    Haha, good point.
  • it's possible i'm totally weird and different lol but i see nothing "wild" about this announcement. imo
    a movie? lol. no thanks
    and this said with respect, but....
    ringo's allstar band no thanks.
    i dig santana and have seen arlo and santana more than once also a easy pass 
    BUT HAVE FUN ;)
    I was saying wild as in "gee thats all the could muster up on such short notice" not "wow thats wild im buying a ticket now!"
  • btw, Canned Heat have removed any mention of Woodstock50 from their socials 
  • Wtf, why is anyone even talking about Bethel Woods? I know nothing is happening right now with PJ and maybe some of us would go to Watkins......but Bethel as a conversation is a snooze fest. Go Celtics!
  • Wtf, why is anyone even talking about Bethel Woods? I know nothing is happening right now with PJ and maybe some of us would go to Watkins......but Bethel as a conversation is a snooze fest. Go Celtics!
    For awhile, there were 2 different "Woodstock" events that were in the works. 

The first one announced was to take place at Bethel Woods. 
    The second one announced was to take place at Watkins Glenn. 

This threw many "casual" festival fans off, which threw many websites into a tizzy of spreading disinformation, while fights about the woodstock name raged all over the internet. 

Sometime during all of this, PJ @ Woodstock somehow became the rumor, and since then has only gained more traction. I'd say the only real somewhat concrete rumour we have so far almost 3 months in to 2019. 

During this time of disinformation, and as you said while PJ is on autopilot, many people hoped the band would play at Bethel Woods instead of the Micheal Lang produced Watkins Glenn event. 

While I agree with you, it is a snooze fest, I'd rather spread the facts and continue the conversation to see where all this Woodstock stuff goes!
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 781
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Listening to last year's Fenway 1. The crowd is off the charts incredible on Release. I wish a certain 5 gents enjoyed it as much as we did!
    This was amazing. The crowd was ready. Too bad they killed the momentum with Low Light. Still a great show. 
    I agree especially since Low Light was played at  Fenway in 2016 early in the show as well as. It was also played in Worcester so the last 3 MA tours had it. I enjoy the song but it is busted out way too often lately. 

100% agree. 
    As bad as Arms Aloft the next gig? I could only make Fenway 2. Would take some beating...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JT167846 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Listening to last year's Fenway 1. The crowd is off the charts incredible on Release. I wish a certain 5 gents enjoyed it as much as we did!
    This was amazing. The crowd was ready. Too bad they killed the momentum with Low Light. Still a great show. 
    I agree especially since Low Light was played at  Fenway in 2016 early in the show as well as. It was also played in Worcester so the last 3 MA tours had it. I enjoy the song but it is busted out way too often lately. 

100% agree. 
    As bad as Arms Aloft the next gig? I could only make Fenway 2. Would take some beating...
    Arms Aloft had the benefit of being rare, but otherwise I agree. Not a fan of the song and a cover that early in the set felt like a misfire.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    edited February 2019
    JimmyV said:
    JT167846 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:

100% agree. 
    Arms Aloft had the benefit of being rare, but otherwise I agree. Not a fan of the song and a cover that early in the set felt like a misfire.
    Its dreadful along with most of the other covers. First played in Dublin 2010. No reaction from the crowd.
    Post edited by Kearn5y on
    Kearnsy
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    JimmyV said:
    JT167846 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:

100% agree. 
    100% total misfire.  I loved the GTF opener, then kicked it up with Animal and Save You, and then......Arms Aloft??  It was a total dud.  
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    I enjoy Arms Aloft.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    100 Pacer said:
    I enjoy Arms Aloft.
    I love covers, i like Arms Aloft... it was a 100% fail at Fenway