Ryan Adams 2019

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    heres what Courtney Love had to say, if you can figure it out.

[quote].. really this is all I have to say . Again. Every time I feel sorry for anyone in the last 3 weeks and then days leading up to the @nytimes , and the fall out , I really felt terrible for everyone involved , until I remember “ crazy bitch “ “ Tin foil hat “ . Man this is hard . , I wonder if the glee and aggression involved with identity fraud / slander at this awesome level , does it ? any of it .. ? Hurt them? Like it hurt me , soul crushing fear ..horror lacking lacking .. gaslit maniacal madness . Humiliating mortifying drugs and scary . I’m so sorry ...this is tragic . All of it . That’s my two cents . I feel horrible. For everyone . This just makes me so sad . It did then. Because I didn’t believe Ryan could have known , until proof was presented to me .. 800,000 dollars in his food booze cash advances guitar center studio charges .. to one of 29 Amex cards I was never aware of .first I saw guitar center charges , thought that was normal , this during a really. Horrible financial tine .. full of lack .. not enough groceries .. my kid .. to eat properly , let alone fund your stupid theme park shit album, but I kept seeing Nobu there as well , then the name of the studio and huge bills over a month .i never accused Ryan until I was sure .and then I did . Because it’s true . #financialliteracy #notyet! #silva #kimgordon I stand with #mandymoore @misskarenelson #fuckyounumber #ialso I also demand a fair shake I also demand due process i also comment when a predator is exposed .no i am . Not fiscally literate . But I know when something is wrong .[/quote]
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    heres what Courtney Love had to say, if you can figure it out.

[quote].. really this is all I have to say . Again. Every time I feel sorry for anyone in the last 3 weeks and then days leading up to the @nytimes , and the fall out , I really felt terrible for everyone involved , until I remember “ crazy bitch “ “ Tin foil hat “ . Man this is hard . , I wonder if the glee and aggression involved with identity fraud / slander at this awesome level , does it ? any of it .. ? Hurt them? Like it hurt me , soul crushing fear ..horror lacking lacking .. gaslit maniacal madness . Humiliating mortifying drugs and scary . I’m so sorry ...this is tragic . All of it . That’s my two cents . I feel horrible. For everyone . This just makes me so sad . It did then. Because I didn’t believe Ryan could have known , until proof was presented to me .. 800,000 dollars in his food booze cash advances guitar center studio charges .. to one of 29 Amex cards I was never aware of .first I saw guitar center charges , thought that was normal , this during a really. Horrible financial tine .. full of lack .. not enough groceries .. my kid .. to eat properly , let alone fund your stupid theme park shit album, but I kept seeing Nobu there as well , then the name of the studio and huge bills over a month .i never accused Ryan until I was sure .and then I did . Because it’s true . #financialliteracy #notyet! #silva #kimgordon I stand with #mandymoore @misskarenelson #fuckyounumber #ialso I also demand a fair shake I also demand due process i also comment when a predator is exposed .no i am . Not fiscally literate . But I know when something is wrong .[/quote]
    Like maybe they were involved at some point - not romantically, but that she supported him financially? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ^^^^^^^^ What a shit show!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    I had a rough week last week. Dealt with two clients who were raped the weekend prior. I have turned to his (and many others) music during times like those in the past. When this news dropped, I honest to god felt nauseous about it and still do. I can’t support him, I can’t listen to him. I want my fucking preorder money back for Big Colors. Making a drop off at the local tomorrow. All of it. Gone. Just feel
    sick guys. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I had a rough week last week. Dealt with two clients who were raped the weekend prior. I have turned to his (and many others) music during times like those in the past. When this news dropped, I honest to god felt nauseous about it and still do. I can’t support him, I can’t listen to him. I want my fucking preorder money back for Big Colors. Making a drop off at the local tomorrow. All of it. Gone. Just feel
    sick guys. 
    I’m with you. The thought of listening to him ever again just makes me sick. Those songs are etched on my heart and have pulled me through the darkest moments of my life. Now...ugh. It’s awful. How he treated these women is awful. How he has tarnished music that means everything to so many is awful. And he is an awful human. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    People still listen to Michael Jackson records....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Let the DRA vinyl clear outs begin.  I bet you see him in the used bins now.
    I've already started. 
    Yup. Same here. I’ll be unloading my albums soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • People still listen to Michael Jackson records....
    People still listen to Bruce Springsteen records..!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "yeah you listen to this shit im listening to my i tunes on right now who names a record “Rock n Roll” what assholes do that?"

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Bruce is just stupid, he didn't break any laws...
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Chill.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    Ok. Keep deciding what people can say, think and feel in your little nationalistic bubble.

You keep your love in chains. And only fear remains and keeps your love in chains 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Ok. Keep deciding what people can say, think and feel in your little nationalistic bubble.

You keep your love in chains. And only fear remains and keeps your love in chains 
    WTF is going on here?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    Has his European tour been cancelled yet?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

WTF is going on here?
    I don't know, but if you want me to stay for the night. It's alright.
  • Ironic:

Not everyone still listens to MJ or Elvis. 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    John Wayne married a Spanish senorita.
  • Not everyone still listens to MJ or Elvis. 

Was that what was being quoted, lol?!?

Todd was his guitarist and best friend
  • Todd was his guitarist and best friend
    What could he possibly be afraid of?
  • Todd was his guitarist and best friend
    Ryan?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    His music makes me want to slit my damn wrists anyway. 
    Todd was his guitarist and best friend

People who may be unhinged and want some retribution? Think about it, Chris. A kicker misses a field goal in the big game and gets death threats. This kind of revenge mentality is out there. I don't blame him one bit - he's got a family to protect and if someone is unstable and thinking he was complicit and part of the problem, then there could be threats made to him as well.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Ryan also has a temper.
    I don't. I grew up in the 80s and I remember the allegations in the 90s. Pretty easy for me to drop him too, like Ryan Adams.
    www.cluthelee.com