Ryan Adams 2019

1567810

Comments

  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,030
    Tour cancelled.
    Inevitable.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 21,718
    Man I hope he gets some help ASAP professional counseling at some point he has to own up to this and express remorse..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    Man I hope he gets some help ASAP professional counseling at some point he has to own up to this and express remorse..
    I seriously doubt he feels any remorse whatsoever.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, ILPosts: 4,844
    edited July 20
    Wow, he's posting on Instagram right now, including what sounds like a song clip of him singing "I'm sorry."

    Pretty sure he's been underground since all this came out, right?

    Interesting, he has "limited" the comments of his posts, so there are none. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CAPosts: 617
    edited July 20
    OMG. I was just thinking about this and how kinda impressive it's been he hasn't said a peep in months. The whole thing just sucks . I haven't listened to his music once since shit hit the fan and he is/was in my top 5 . It really spooked me and will never be the same. Sigh.
    Post edited by MissPennyLane on
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,722
    My vinyl has sat collecting dust....
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    I was thinking about playing Rock N' Roll the other day because I hadn't put it on in a long while and a song off it started playing in my head - then I remembered all the shit about this shithead.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 32,071
    My vinyl has sat collecting dust....
    I sold all of my RA albums.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 21,718
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    An album as cool as Rock N Roll.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 10,065
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 

    Make me doubt that he was preying on a 15 year old. The other stuff seemed more like the symptoms of a toxic relationship than a concerted effort for him to abuse women. Not saying he is free from blame but the stuff I read could be offset by showing some contrition and making an effort to overcome his issues that caused him to behave the way he did. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 4,718
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    I don’t know, but it’ll take more than this:




    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 32,071
    Yeah, I was a really big fan & I haven’t listened to a single second of his music since the news broke. I don’t know if I’ll ever be a fan again.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 3,919
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    Whenever it's something criminal, I want to see conviction and consequences. Different thing, but Michael Vick is an example: guilty and served time. After that, see how he conducts himself and decide if you want to go along for the ride.

    With respect to this chooch, is the underage girl the only potentially criminal act? Been a while and I don't remember all of the details. If someone is controlling, manipulative or emotionally abusive in a relationship - that sucks, but I understand more of a range of fan reaction. Maybe it impacts how you see their art, maybe it doesn't. Performance is bound to attract narcissists. How much of a purity test do you want to apply?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,030
    pjl44 said:
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    Whenever it's something criminal, I want to see conviction and consequences. Different thing, but Michael Vick is an example: guilty and served time. After that, see how he conducts himself and decide if you want to go along for the ride.

    With respect to this chooch, is the underage girl the only potentially criminal act? Been a while and I don't remember all of the details. If someone is controlling, manipulative or emotionally abusive in a relationship - that sucks, but I understand more of a range of fan reaction. Maybe it impacts how you see their art, maybe it doesn't. Performance is bound to attract narcissists. How much of a purity test do you want to apply?
    I don't think there were any criminal acts committed. There was an investigation into his behaviour with the underage girl but that must have been thrown out which is probably the reason he's resurfacing and posting again. Of all the inappropriate behaviour listed in the article, that was clearly the most damning and seedy. 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 27,655
    eddiec said:
    pjl44 said:
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    Whenever it's something criminal, I want to see conviction and consequences. Different thing, but Michael Vick is an example: guilty and served time. After that, see how he conducts himself and decide if you want to go along for the ride.

    With respect to this chooch, is the underage girl the only potentially criminal act? Been a while and I don't remember all of the details. If someone is controlling, manipulative or emotionally abusive in a relationship - that sucks, but I understand more of a range of fan reaction. Maybe it impacts how you see their art, maybe it doesn't. Performance is bound to attract narcissists. How much of a purity test do you want to apply?
    I don't think there were any criminal acts committed. There was an investigation into his behaviour with the underage girl but that must have been thrown out which is probably the reason he's resurfacing and posting again. Of all the inappropriate behaviour listed in the article, that was clearly the most damning and seedy. 
    Yeah, I was wondering what was going to happen after the FBI stepped in. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 20,444
    Ryan Adams has been actively tweeting lately.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,947
    And not owning any of his bullshit
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,011
    If there are no criminal charges (and it appears that none are forthcoming), then I see no reason why Adams shouldn't be free to resume his career.  Being a bad boyfriend/husband is no reason for a career to be canceled.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

    http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    edited July 24
    So what would satisfy the fans for him to do at this point ? I’m not a fan I don’t have any of his music but just wondering could he ever be forgiven? 
    Many fans think anyone who is no longer interested in listening to him are the big assholes in all this (which just makes assholes of them IMO). The RA fan group on FB is a majority of such people, and they have spent the last several months trash talking the women RA hurt, and those whose feelings changed about Ryan. So RA still has a fan base, just not as big as before, and with a higher ratio of jerks, lol. Me, I will still listen to him. I would never go another one of this shows though - it would just feel wrong to me. I'm just not inspired to go watch a confirmed creep perform, even if he's really good.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    edited July 24
    Yefa said:
    If there are no criminal charges (and it appears that none are forthcoming), then I see no reason why Adams shouldn't be free to resume his career.  Being a bad boyfriend/husband is no reason for a career to be canceled.
    RA is the only one who can cancel his career (which he is apparently not doing). He has always been free to resume.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,011
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yefa said:
    If there are no criminal charges (and it appears that none are forthcoming), then I see no reason why Adams shouldn't be free to resume his career.  Being a bad boyfriend/husband is no reason for a career to be canceled.
    RA is the only one who can cancel his career (which he is apparently not doing). He has always been free to resume.
    You seem unaware of how today's cancel culture operates.  Do you think he wanted to cancel his album release(s) and European tour?
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

    http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    edited July 24
    Yefa said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yefa said:
    If there are no criminal charges (and it appears that none are forthcoming), then I see no reason why Adams shouldn't be free to resume his career.  Being a bad boyfriend/husband is no reason for a career to be canceled.
    RA is the only one who can cancel his career (which he is apparently not doing). He has always been free to resume.
    You seem unaware of how today's cancel culture operates.  Do you think he wanted to cancel his album release(s) and European tour?
    Obviously not. I'm saying it is choice if he wants to resume it, it was his choice to disappear for months, etc. He also could have chosen not to be a fucking asshole - I'm sure that would have helped his career too. When you are a public you do CHOOSE to leave the demand for your material up to the public.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,011
    edited July 24
    I feel confident that you have recordings in your collection that were made by much bigger assholes than Ryan Adams and nothing of the sort has ever happened to them.  I could start naming those artists but I'm sure you know at least some of the ones I am talking about.  
    I think the negative response to Adams has been proven to be way out of proportion to what he actually did (as the underage claims added up to nothing).
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

    http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,011
    Aziz Ansari had no career for a year after one bad date.  Think about that for a minute.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

    http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    Yefa said:
    I feel quite certain that you have many recordings in your collection that were made by much bigger assholes than Ryan Adams and nothing of the sort has ever happened to them.  I could start naming those artists but I'm sure you know at least some of the ones I am talking about.  
    I think the negative response to Adams has been proven to be way out of proportion to what he actually did (as the underage claims added up to nothing).
    If I don't know about the behaviour, then I can't react to it, right? Same goes for all of society. If they don't know about it, they aren't going to react. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them reacting when they do know about it. It's not an everybody or nobody situation, right?
    But that isn't relevant with me anyhow. Like I said, I still spin RA records.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    edited July 24
    Yefa said:
    Aziz Ansari had no career for a year after one bad date.  Think about that for a minute.
    Yeah, and that sucked.... What is your point??? I hope it's not that nobody should ever suffer any consequences for their bad behaviour. If you are actually anti-#metoo, I can tell you I'm out of this convo right now, since I haven't got time for that kind of BS.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 20,444
    Yefa said:
    Aziz Ansari had no career for a year after one bad date.  Think about that for a minute.
    You aren't going to budge ol Soul my man.

    Just sayin.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,767
    edited July 24
    Yefa said:
    Aziz Ansari had no career for a year after one bad date.  Think about that for a minute.
    You aren't going to budge ol Soul my man.

    Just sayin.
    Well no, not on #metoo. I have gone off about the problem with hysteria in the past - I figure anyone with a brain understands that hysteria is never good. But I find the argument that hysteria somehow delegitimizes #metoo as a concept or movement offensive in the extreme. I also think that RA deserved what he got from the public/fans for his specific behaviour, so the argument in favour of RA over fans who chose to move away from him to one degree or another rubs me the wrong way. What happened to Aziz Ansari has absolutely nothing to with the RA situation, so I feel like bringing that up is just throwing a big red herring into the conversation.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 3,919
    Yefa said:
    I feel confident that you have recordings in your collection that were made by much bigger assholes than Ryan Adams and nothing of the sort has ever happened to them.  I could start naming those artists but I'm sure you know at least some of the ones I am talking about.  
    I think the negative response to Adams has been proven to be way out of proportion to what he actually did (as the underage claims added up to nothing).
    He hasn't been charged but I wouldn't say that added up to nothing. I don't care if someone goes to the guy's shows but that was a rough article with a lot of *first hand* accounts. 
Sign In or Register to comment.