Both
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Spineless
    who, his guitarist?
    Both
    so because he was also manipulated and probably confused/conflicted because of his relationship with RA, that makes him spineless?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Spineless
    who, his guitarist?
    Both
    so because he was also manipulated and probably confused/conflicted because of his relationship with RA, that makes him spineless?
    No, but his statement seems to scream “ me, me, me” and he’s not a victim whatsoever in this case. Another musician that had worked around him released a statement with similar experiences and came off much more tactful and sympathetic.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Spineless
    who, his guitarist?
    Both
    No, but his statement seems to scream “ me, me, me” and he’s not a victim whatsoever in this case. Another musician that had worked around him released a statement with similar experiences and came off much more tactful and sympathetic.
    he's not a sexual victim, no, but whenever you have a strong association with someone who is outed as being a freak/perv/pedo/etc, you inevitably get cast as some type of weirdo by association. people look at you funny, like "how did you not know, and if you did, FUCK YOU". there's no winning here for these people. 

I'm not sure pointing fingers at RA's associates is the right move here. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

Spineless
    who, his guitarist?
    Both
    he's not a sexual victim, no, but whenever you have a strong association with someone who is outed as being a freak/perv/pedo/etc, you inevitably get cast as some type of weirdo by association. people look at you funny, like "how did you not know, and if you did, FUCK YOU". there's no winning here for these people. 

I'm not sure pointing fingers at RA's associates is the right move here. 
    Definitely agree.

Narcissists/Manipulators fool everyone around them, not just young people they prey upon. 

Adams has left a lot of broken people in his wake; including ex-wives, ex-bandmates and fooled fans. 

The underage stuff is disgusting and sick for sure. And that is what will probably put him in jail, or court at least.   He has messed with a lot more people from whom he hid this shit  It's amazing that he was even caught. Narcissists usually get away with fooling people for a long long time.

The ex-wives and ex-girl friends were probably abused the worst our of everyone but there is unfortunately no easy way to prosecute someone for ruining your life. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Man this whole thing has just left such a bad taste , I’m never gonna look at artists in the same light again none ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Just got cancelled Big Colors pax an e-mail. Says due to “unforeseen circumstances” that it’s been cancelled. What a bullshit thing to put. That’s when it’s best not to put anything. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I’m a prisoner 
  • Options
    I’m a prisoner 
    No you aren't.  

"YOU'RE" a hater.  You've said so yourself...

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    So far the UK/Ireland tour is going ahead. 
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Hoping for some good ol' picketing.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    eddiec said:
    when does it start?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Hoping for some good ol' picketing.
    Pick pocketing?
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    eddiec said:
    when does it start?
    March 30th in Dublin.
  • Options
    He's insane if he continues on with this tour. He needs to go away for a couple of years and reassess where he's at if in his life. Has he learned from this? Has he owned up to what he has done in the past? Now is not the time for this. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    He's insane if he continues on with this tour. He needs to go away for a couple of years and reassess where he's at if in his life. Has he learned from this? Has he owned up to what he has done in the past? Now is not the time for this. 
    I agree.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:
    I agree.
    Is he going to be on suicide watch while he's over there?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Guess he's gonna plow through it and hope people get tired of screaming, give up and forget
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    dankind said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I agree.
    Is he going to be on suicide watch while he's over there?
    I also agree, and good question. Perhaps that will depend on how bad the hecklers are.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    He has a right to make a living but I hope he’s dealing with his issues. Though his judgement could obviously use some work.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    He has a right to make a living but I hope he’s dealing with his issues. Though his judgement could obviously use some work.
    What is up with the investigation?  If he was a serious threat they wouldn't let him leave the country.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    DewieCox said:
    What is up with the investigation?  If he was a serious threat they wouldn't let him leave the country.
    I doubt he would be seen as a serious threat in any case. He's a musician who sexted with one teenager a few years ago, as far as anyone can tell at least. It's not exactly going to be on the FBI's top 10 things to do list, you know what I mean? He's not a flight risk, so I doubt anyone sees a reason to stop him from touring. I personally just think it seems like a bad idea for him. Risky PR move for sure. It could also definitely be bad for his mental health if things don't go well. I can't imagine he won't be confronted throughout the tour about this.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I worry he's a high risk for suicide.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    I doubt he would be seen as a serious threat in any case. He's a musician who sexted with one teenager a few years ago, as far as anyone can tell at least. It's not exactly going to be on the FBI's top 10 things to do list, you know what I mean? He's not a flight risk, so I doubt anyone sees a reason to stop him from touring. I personally just think it seems like a bad idea for him. Risky PR move for sure. It could also definitely be bad for his mental health if things don't go well. I can't imagine he won't be confronted throughout the tour about this.
    Leaving the country is "flight" that's why I mentioned it.  I'm surprised he would be allowed to leave the country?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    He'll probably do the first show and decide from there. If the majority of people show up, he'll continue. If it's a shitshow, he'll cancel.
    They may also be waiting to see how many people demand refunds.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    Leaving the country is "flight" that's why I mentioned it.  I'm surprised he would be allowed to leave the country?
    He is just dealing with investigation and allegation at this point. He hasn't been indicted. He can go wherever he pleases.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    No, I mean not a flight risk, as in he isn't planning on not coming back to America after the tour to avoid future prosecution. And like Nancy said, he hasn't been charged with anything yet.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    I just hoped that people wouldn't show up to his show so he had to make a living bussing tables.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I worry he's a high risk for suicide.
    I agree with this 100%
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    The last place he needs to be right now is in front of an audience. Even if (and it's a pretty big 'if' at this point) say half of the crowd were there as fans, can you imagine the abuse he would take from the other half? There would be so many people there just to goad him and push him to see if he breaks down or lashes out or, worse still, says something to put himself even deeper in the shit. It would be a complete car crash of a tour.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)