Kaepernick

Comments

• I'll say one thing for Kaepernick, they replayed Super Bowl 47 on NFL Network a few nights ago and man, he really balled out in that game. If not for some god-awful playcalling on the 49ers final four plays, they might have won the game and he would certainly have been the MVP. 

But he also fell from "5 yards away from winning the Super Bowl" to "benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert." That's quite a fall in a three-year stretch. And when he got a chance to play in 2016, he often looked disinterested out there. But despite going 1-10 as a starter that year, he really didn't play that bad if ya look at his stats. 

I contend that he's not being colluded against. Teams just don't want the headache and circus that would come with signing him. I actually think the same thing happened to Tebow. You'd be hard-pressed to find a guy that would work harder and represent your team in the community as well as Tebow. But do you really want the Skip Bayless show setting up shop outside your training camp to cover (and obsess over) your second-string QB? I guess not. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • He said he'd play in the AAF for $20 million or more.

I guess he really does think he's pretty awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He said he'd play in the AAF for $20 million or more.

Did he really say that?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

Did he really say that?
    A person with knowledge of the conversation tells The Associated Press that the new Alliance of American Football spoke with Colin Kaepernick during its development about joining the league. But Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing with the league that had its debut last weekend. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because neither side has publicly acknowledged such talks.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-for-aaf-per-report/1ppf0e0knfc9c15etextlvg7ub

hippiemom = goodness

Did he really say that?
    “A person with knowledge of the conversation tells The Associated Press that the new Alliance of American Football spoke with Colin Kaepernick during its development about joining the league. But Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing with the league that had its debut last weekend. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because neither side has publicly acknowledged such talks.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-for-aaf-per-report/1ppf0e0knfc9c15etextlvg7ub

That's NFL money.  Who does he think he is Rogers, Brady, Wilson...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Kap is getting paid!!!!!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Kap is getting paid!!!!!
    and probably a lot.  Good for him.  
  • Yes. Things have worked out very well for Kap- better than they ever could have throwing a football that's for sure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I wonder what the settlement was...cause the burden of proof was on Kaep and Reid and it didn't look like they were going to meet it.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    They colluded and paid some hush money.  My guess is that he got some and they donated some. 
    I still root for him.
    (And fuck no he should not have played in the AAS or whatever that abbreviation is for less than the NFL pays.  Dude is much smarter than that.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Rumored to be between 60 and 80 million
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Rumored to be between 60 and 80 million
    Wow!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    And now Kaep joins Sam Bradford atop the list of all-time mediocre QB's to make hundreds of millions of dollars from the NFL.  I never said he was dumb.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited July 2019
    Colin, stop. seriously. ANY flag if the US is associated with slavery or other forms of oppression....

NIKE, you fucked up....

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    If you watch or buy apparel from any sport your contributing to their sky high salaries, I’ve stopped watching all sports except hockey that’s the only one I watch ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mickeyrat said:
    Colin, stop. seriously. ANY flag if the US is associated with slavery or other forms of oppression....

NIKE, you fucked up....

Agreed, that was silly as hell.  Nike blew itself up for one person's opinion.  I really like Colin and what he gave up (although he's fine now), but it's possible to overplay any hand.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I think it is crazier that the moron governor of Arizona (I guess it is to be expected that the governor of that state is a whacko) reacts to a shoe by denying Nike a tax incentive to build a plant in AZ and provide lots of jobs to his residents.  What a fool!
    Hope it is worth it.   How is this a sane decision that this dope makes on behalf of his taxpayers?  (They probably support him and think it is great.  Imbeciles.)

Second crazy....again, to be expected...is from that half-wit Ted Cruz:
    “Nike only wants to sell shoes to people who hate the American flag.”
    Really?  Is that what the message is here?

This is why Trump is President.  This is why the country thinks it is OK to largely ignore Puerto Rico when they undergo a disaster, or to look the other way on so many obvious signs of racial inequality....they do not care.
    They elect people like these two frigging mouth breathers.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I suspect this has been a long planned and coordinated campaign by Nike.  I doubt Kap is reviewing each small batch of shoes for distribution for his personal approval.  No, this smells of Madison Avenue.  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I think Kaepernick is the only one with any claim on reason here, actually. Of course that flag is associated with slavery and oppression (though not the only one, as mickey said), so I don't see any inconsistency in him objecting. As usual, it's the politicians who are the ones who are actually reaching, but no surprise, especially given it's Cruz. 

Nike, like all companies now, needs to think through possible ramifications of its decisions more thoroughly, and if they really think they're making the right decision, then weather that storm. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    That's it.  I am never buying Nike again...oh wait...I never have ever bought Nike.  I will continue my boycott of Nike.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2019
    What is Kap going to do when he finds out the thirteen stripes in the current American flag represents the original colonies?    :o

mind blown ...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This is crazy.  Now people are up in arms about the original Stars and Stripes?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Jason P said:
    What is Kap going to do when he finds out the thirteen stripes in the current American flag represents the original colonies?    :o

mind blown ...
    Lol. And Betsy Ross, the designer of the flag was a Quaker. Quakers were against slavery. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    It does not matter...some on here think your flag is getting replaced with the Russian flag...your flag had good run...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Jason P said:

mind blown ...

So, are you trying to say that there was no slavery in the original colonies? Because that would be incorrect. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    mcgruff10 said:

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    ed243421 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Dr. King Schultz: How do you like the bounty hunting business?
    Django: Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?
    Jason P said:

mind blown ...

So, are you trying to say that there was no slavery in the original colonies? Because that would be incorrect. 
    The argument seems to be that the flag was ONLY or PRIMARILY associated with slavery.  That is a stretch by any means.  You could argue that the flag was anti-women's suffrage, anti-gay rights, anti-standing military and all sorts of other things.  To me, this is just another product of our "outrage" culture, where we seek to find things that separate us, rather than finding common ground.  Both sides...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    I know right. Why do people get so upset when a business makes a business decision that doesn't hurt anyone?