Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited February 2019
    Lerxst1992 said:

Damn these comments about "isn't selling" read by someone living in a region that can sell out a 59 show Pearl Jam residency with zero marketing expense.

*Hope this isn't taken the wrong way and our Euro fans have a blast this summer.
    This isn't PJ or EV, this is half of The Who at a giant stadium at giant stadium prices. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    mrk2 said:
    Very interesting change. I mentioned already several pages ago, that maybe the Wembley show isn't selling and they are having doubts about Dublin. Let's hope that Eddie will book a solo-Dublin show instead. Obviuously not at the same venue, whatever it was going to be. Maybe something a bit more intimate.

Anyway, bring on the announcement Eddie, we've been waiting long enough :lol:

Damn these comments about "isn't selling" read by someone living in a region that can sell out a 59 show Pearl Jam residency with zero marketing expense.

*Hope this isn't taken the wrong way and our Euro fans have a blast this summer.
    London is a huge Pearl Jam market. The price and size of the venue (80,000) are the reasons it is not selling. If it is half full that is still 40,000 people which is impressive imo. 

If Eddie Vedder was doing a show at Metlife Stadium I would be really curious as to how those tickets would sell.  Hell I would be curious if it was Pearl Jam. 
  • PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:
    Very interesting change. I mentioned already several pages ago, that maybe the Wembley show isn't selling and they are having doubts about Dublin. Let's hope that Eddie will book a solo-Dublin show instead. Obviuously not at the same venue, whatever it was going to be. Maybe something a bit more intimate.

London is a huge Pearl Jam market. The price and size of the venue (80,000) are the reasons it is not selling. If it is half full that is still 40,000 people which is impressive imo. 

If Eddie Vedder was doing a show at Metlife Stadium I would be really curious as to how those tickets would sell.  Hell I would be curious if it was Pearl Jam. 
    It would be the best thing to happen in MetLife stadium in almost a decade
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

U2 was good, GnR was good. Rolling Stones in June!
  • RS65573 said:
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

True. Was more referring to the sorry state of Eli/Odell and the OLine
  • RS65573 said:
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

Bruce 8/30/16 was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    RS65573 said:
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

As a lifelong Jets fan and home game tailgater (gave up on season tickets long ago), you have no idea how good you have it, lol.
  • RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

As a lifelong Jets fan and home game tailgater (gave up on season tickets long ago), you have no idea how good you have it, lol.
    My condolences! 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

Curious as to why people are saying the Who is not selling? If you go on tiketmaster and select 1 ticket only, it gives 791 results. Surly that means 791 tickets remain out of a possible circa 80,000? Am I missing something?
    Kearnsy
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited February 2019
    Kearn5y said:
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

Curious as to why people are saying the Who is not selling? If you go on tiketmaster and select 1 ticket only, it gives 791 results. Surly that means 791 tickets remain out of a possible circa 80,000? Am I missing something?
    Not sure. I was there yesterday and just about every section seemed to have seats available.
    Edit: Sometimes they won't let you purchase a single if it breaks up a pair.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • gravixgravix Posts: 33
    I think @dimitrispearljam is awfully quiet these last few days on here :)
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    gravix said:
    I think @dimitrispearljam is awfully quiet these last few days on here :)
    And thats not a good sign i think
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    He already said that there is one more that maybe announced before the whole tour is revealed. He does not know when 10 Club announces tours so we all play the waiting game now. I am still really curious what is going on in Dublin. Either it was a Who show and no longer is or nothing has changed and the plans are the same with another festival or group playing with him. 
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    He just give us just all the infos he is allowed to give!
    Otherwise he loses his source!
  • Me guesses there is some concern with the promoters and there is some re-negotiations going on with payouts/prices/venues etc. 
  • We have to remember that in 2017 it was not announced until March.  That might just be the plan again except for the few events that announced already on their own timeline.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    a solo tour in big venues announce only three months before the shows sounds very strange. pj always announce them 6 months before...
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    The Who situation must be the reason for the delay. Makes no sense otherwise. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    Does anyone remembers when the 2017 tour was announced? Wasnt it march and the tour das on june/july?
    Announced on March 6, tour dates from May 29 to June 26 (originally, later added some dates before and after)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 480
    mrk2 said:
    Announced on March 6, tour dates from May 29 to June 26 (originally, later added some dates before and after)
    Yeah, I think the capacity of bigger venues, should make a difference here. Not sure if EV sells arenas in a heartbeat, especially if people already made vacation plans.
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:
    Yeah, I think the capacity of bigger venues, should make a difference here. Not sure if EV sells arenas in a heartbeat, especially if people already made vacation plans.
    As far as the Lisbon date is concerned , if its Altice Arena which is the biggest indoor venue we have , Eddie will sell out 18.000 tickets for sure. i´m not worried about that , hell im worried i wont be able to get a ticket to be honest...
  • In 2017 in Antwerp the Lotto Arena (about 5.000 to 6.000 tickets) sold out in 10 minutes with prices up to 130 euro.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if we still have to wait a couple of weeks (although I hope we won't).

'06: Antwerp, Paris // '07: Werchter // '09: Rotterdam // '10: Werchter // '12: Werchter // '14: Amsterdam 1 // '18: Amsterdam 2, Pinkpop
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Stay tuned...
    D.Frank said:
    Stay tuned...
    ??
    I've been tuned for fucking weeks now :lol:
    edited February 2019
    mrk2 said:
    I've been tuned for fucking weeks now :lol:
    yeah :s
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    be patient.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    For how long? Today, next week, next month?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    PJNB said:
    mrk2 said:

Its generally considered to be an appalling venue for a music event. I think thats the primary reason. Im sure closer to the time it will fill up