Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    At systembolaget you can get a bottle of wine for like 70 SEK (£5.87  $7.58)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    I was scuppered in Sweden and Norway with the drink situation. Blew my mind as I'm English and obvs drink too much. And the price. We stayed out all night in Stockholm. Last tour it was light most of the night anyway. But I got a bottle of wine from the hotel next to the venue £50. !!!!I asked my friend . Oh grab a bottle of wine whilst back at your hotel
     He came back and said fifty quid mate. Holy shit. I drank it slow
    Isn't buying alcohol from a hotel expensive in every country? even though yes, we have a bit higher alcohol tax than our southern neighbours. 

I will see what a bottle of wine goes for at the normal "pub" here if I drink out tonight.

I get a glass with half a litre beer (I guess that would be a "pint"?) where i drink for maybe 45SEK (£3,77 . $4,87)

I think when I went it was around £8 for a pint.  I think half litre is under a pint. But yeah Oslo . Oh my. A sandwich and coke and crisps was about £12 I nearly fainted.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Yes
    At systembolaget you can get a bottle of wine for like 70 SEK (£5.87  $7.58)
    That is good. Cheaper than here. Wow. Those systembolaget places were intresting to me . Having only one set place to buy drink and specific hours. But thats what i live about travelling to  see pj. I truely have experienced so much I can't even remember in many places. I'm very grateful. I live in a village and to see so many places and cultures has been the highlight of my life.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    I was scuppered in Sweden and Norway with the drink situation. Blew my mind as I'm English and obvs drink too much. And the price. We stayed out all night in Stockholm. Last tour it was light most of the night anyway. But I got a bottle of wine from the hotel next to the venue £50. !!!!I asked my friend . Oh grab a bottle of wine whilst back at your hotel
     He came back and said fifty quid mate. Holy shit. I drank it slow
    Isn't buying alcohol from a hotel expensive in every country? even though yes, we have a bit higher alcohol tax than our southern neighbours. 

I will see what a bottle of wine goes for at the normal "pub" here if I drink out tonight.

I get a glass with half a litre beer (I guess that would be a "pint"?) where i drink for maybe 45SEK (£3,77 . $4,87)

I think when I went it was around £8 for a pint.  I think half litre is under a pint. But yeah Oslo . Oh my. A sandwich and coke and crisps was about £12 I nearly fainted.
    Alcohol is expensive most places in Canada.  The last time I was in a bar, about 4 years ago...a bottle of coors light was 7 Canadian.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    75 comments behind. Way too many to read through. I'm thinking something big happened: did Spiritual attempt to... you know... with his friend, Agnes?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Systembolaget and the library 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Is that Saw 1 or Saw 2?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,876
    Yes

Is svedka popular there?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,620
    No
    ed243421 said:
    Is that Saw 1 or Saw 2?
    :lol:

KISSed in the Bum, rated XXX
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

Is svedka popular there?
    It is some vodka? It does not exist in any Systembolaget stores so I would say it is not common here. Seems to be made in Sweden though. Made for the international market with the "swedish" thing as a sales argument is my guess then (?)-

Absolut Vodka is very common.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    ed243421 said:
    Is that Saw 1 or Saw 2?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,620
    No
    Peter Criss, Life In and Out of The Bum-Lane?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Peter Criss, Life In and Out of The Bum-Lane?
    He wrote their biggest hit man.

Sort of wrote...

knew the guy who wrote it...

...and sang it.
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

Is svedka popular there?
    It is some vodka? It does not exist in any Systembolaget stores so I would say it is not common here. Seems to be made in Sweden though. Made for the international market with the "swedish" thing as a sales argument is my guess then (?)-

Yeah it is "swedish" vodka sold here in the states.  absolut is good however I am usually a tito's or ketle one fan.  
  • Options
    Yes
    ed243421 said:
    ed243421 said:
    Is that Saw 1 or Saw 2?

Bravo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Now I'm going to this vegan place to drink a beer or two, and might eat something.

• Options
    Yes
    Looks great.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Is svedka popular there?

Yeah it is "swedish" vodka sold here in the states.  absolut is good however I am usually a tito's or ketle one fan.  
    When I was in Philadlephia I saw some vodkas being sold as "russian" and "swedish" but really cheap at the bottom of the shelf. Hehe. Figured they were made in the US but just having "swedish" or "russian" slapped on them. 
  • Options
    Looks great.
    Will see What a full bottle of red wine costs :)

• Options
    Yes
    Yes good idea
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,938
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    I've had 3 vegan meals this week
     And I've found some wonderful food.
    Like fake duck. I call it f-uck.(see what I did there!) The most wonderful food and cheap. Also in the u.k we Greggs it's a food outlet that do pastry things and sandwiches and cakes. They have a vegan sausage roll o.m.f.g it's better than an actual sausage roll. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Yes good idea
    280 SEK for a bottle of wine here so £23 or $30

Works? 
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes good idea

Works? 
    $30 is the cheapest bottle or the norm?
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon If you talk to me next time Pearl Jam come to Scandinavia and not just say a quick Hello (which I appreciated) I pay for your alcohol!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes good idea

Works? 
    Id say the Cheapest i guess. The ”house wine”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes good idea

Works? 
    Say what??? $30 is the cheapest wine you can buy?! Am I understanding that correctly? If so, Sweden just fell in the ranks for me, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    It's very expensive this side
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Yes
    @lastexitlondon If you talk to me next time Pearl Jam come to Scandinavia and not just say a quick Hello (which I appreciated) I pay for your alcohol!
    More chance you will be here!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes good idea

Works? 
    Jesus Christ bro. That s a hell of a lot.