Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Either way, she's in a serious relationship. Time to let go and move on.
    What? You're not getting off that easy. In this thread, we like to...

(gif courtesy of F Me In The Brain, circa a long ass time ago)
    There's no hope for me. I'm a lost cause
    You took that gif way too seriously, man. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JPPJ84 said:
    Yeah that’s no Auflauf. Looks good :)
    Cabbage Casserole(?) in english gogole says..

Kålpudding- schwedische Hausmannskost!

Kålpudding gehört zu den typisch einfachen Gerichten der schwedischen Küche und wird im Ofen, wie eine Art Auflauf, zubereitet. Gerade zu dieser noch ungemütlichen Jahreszeit wird der Auflauf in schwedischen Haushalten häufig gegessen.

semantics ;)
  • Options
    Either way, she's in a serious relationship. Time to let go and move on.
    What? You're not getting off that easy. In this thread, we like to...

(gif courtesy of F Me In The Brain, circa a long ass time ago)
    You took that gif way too seriously, man. 
    No one‘s a lost cause, Mario! 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited October 2019
    We're not letting you go with that attitude, mister! :nuh_uh:
  • Options
    No
    We need to bring some love back into this thread. Play a lovely duet for us, will you @Hobbes ?
  • Options
    No
    Hobbes, you've been demoted from the Agnes Emergency Response Team, sorry guy. Ballads have become integral to the Agnes thread and we need them at a moment's notice.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    An amuse bouche until the chef comes to the rescue.

https://youtu.be/NiwcOaaRo1Y
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
  • Options
    How about a hopeful song?

https://youtu.be/aEnfy9qfdaU
  • Options
    No
    dankind said:

I think the chef is busy...
    Image result for chef gif
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    ed243421 said:
     I so adore the original- this is roadkill 😩
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:

I think the chef is busy...
    Image result for chef gif

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    I thought that this might be a good read for some folks here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/giving-up-on-love_n_5dadbe28e4b0422422c8f557.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dankind said:
    I thought that this might be a good read for some folks here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/giving-up-on-love_n_5dadbe28e4b0422422c8f557.
    "Still, there’s no more anxiety or fear about love. What weighed on me was the horror of imagining myself alone forever. But really, this lonely life I envisioned far off in the future was already happening. For nearly two decades, I’d been living it. There’d been good days, not so good days and days that were hell. But the same was true of marriage and the time I spent trying to find a new partner. I was already living the worst-case scenario, and I was surviving it. Once I accepted my circumstances, I started to thrive."
    And boom goes the dynamite!  This is something I realized a couple years ago, took control of it, and shit's only gotten better since.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2019
    dankind said:
    "Still, there’s no more anxiety or fear about love. What weighed on me was the horror of imagining myself alone forever. But really, this lonely life I envisioned far off in the future was already happening. For nearly two decades, I’d been living it. There’d been good days, not so good days and days that were hell. But the same was true of marriage and the time I spent trying to find a new partner. I was already living the worst-case scenario, and I was surviving it. Once I accepted my circumstances, I started to thrive."
    And boom goes the dynamite!  This is something I realized a couple years ago, took control of it, and shit's only gotten better since.
    Love to hear that! :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    dankind said:
    That lady has a very good point! I love my freedom and I’m not really missing anything right now. So why stress about being single?! 
  • Options
    Bi-monthly beer night finished.

No one was cheating. No boyfriend or girlfriends were crazy jealous and forced people of different sexes to not be in the same room.

I did not order the cabbage casserole.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    Bi-monthly beer night finished.

No one was cheating. No boyfriend or girlfriends were crazy jealous and forced people of different sexes to not be in the same room.

I did not order the cabbage casserole.
    Why deny your farts like that, man. 

Just seems cruel. 

Fart lives matter.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    dankind said:
    Thank you for sharing this. I found it a good read. I took comfort in it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Renfield said:
    The girl I met 2 weeks ago just walked right past me in the lecture theatre without saying hello. Why does nobody want to know me. I almost burst into tears in the middle of the lecture. I feel so hopeless and alone right now.
    I'm going to ask some guys(and a gal) from our Agnes panel to answer. 
    @bflynn1
    @rgambs
    @Renfield

Let's see if the bat signal still works. ;)
    Signal received...
    But I read earlier this morning that she did see him later, waved and said hello...and that’s a good thing. She was probably occupied with her own thoughts when she did not acknowledge our ‘Drake’ (see Memoji thread). 🧔🏻

The girl I met 2 weeks ago just walked right past me in the lecture theatre without saying hello. Why does nobody want to know me. I almost burst into tears in the middle of the lecture. I feel so hopeless and alone right now.
    I'm going to ask some guys(and a gal) from our Agnes panel to answer. 
    @bflynn1
    @rgambs
    @Renfield

Let's see if the bat signal still works. ;)
    Sorry I'm late. And wow, I'm WAY behind in this thread haha. You just gotta try to find some confidence somewhere. Women can pick up on fear and insecurity like a sixth sense.

And don't be afraid to say "hey" first if she's walking by. If she's any sort of decent human being she'll respond. Then you can ask a follow up question or compliment and then BOOM, you're in a conversation. 
  • Options
    Yes
    I'd find it easier to make peace with my single life if not for the stigma and shame from my family
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    Yes
    There are certainly a whole lot of things to love about the single life.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    What about the loneliness? Not having anyone to share your day with? That part hurts me.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    What about the loneliness? Not having anyone to share your day with? That part hurts me.
    This isn't a slam at all. Please understand this before you read it. 

Your loneliness pains you, but it seems to be something you obsess about. 

Fuck stigma. 

Fuck your family. 

You do what is best for you. 

Say hello. Will everyone say hello back? Unfortunately no, but I would love it if you have small goals. Say hello to three strangers in a week. Limit FB (outside of school obligation) to 4 hours a week.  Create one new painting a month. 

No excuses why you can't.  

No mom excuses. 

No single dude excuses. 

No job excuses. 

Sometimes you will have success. Sometimes you won't.  Pause, understand it isn't necessarily failure, but potentially people lost in themselves. 

I have a very dear friend who is the dictionary definition of introvert. These things would be difficult for her. I understand that may be the same for you but...goals. Small goals. Make them. Stick to them. No excuses. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Yes
    Thanks.
    It is something I obsess about because it is something I've never had. I yearn for the experience of love and being 35 time is slipping by.
    If I had been in a relationship and ended up single again I don't think I'd be this obsessed. 
    I'm thinking of deleting Facebook but am in a depression support group and it's hard to leave that as I help others.
    Maybe deleting off my phone as that is where I am often glued.
    Me saying hello to strangers frightens me, especially women. If I did that to a woman she'd think I am hitting on her. And in this day and age women don't want to feel harassed in public.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    It is something I obsess about because it is something I've never had. I yearn for the experience of love and being 35 time is slipping by.
    If I had been in a relationship and ended up single again I don't think I'd be this obsessed. 
    I'm thinking of deleting Facebook but am in a depression support group and it's hard to leave that as I help others.
    Me saying hello to strangers frightens me, especially women. If I did that to a woman she'd think I am hitting on her. And in this day and age women don't want to feel harassed in public.
    Good morning!
    you could practice saying hello to a guy. Some specific question about the lecture, a schedule. Find out if your uni has a sports program, have you looked that up yet? If they do and you find something you’d be interested in, like boxing, you’d have tons of opportunities to casually talk to strangers. Not in a way that frightens you but concerning a specific subject and with no pressure. Good luck :)
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    JPPJ84 said:
    Thanks.
    Good morning!
    you could practice saying hello to a guy. Some specific question about the lecture, a schedule. Find out if your uni has a sports program, have you looked that up yet? If they do and you find something you’d be interested in, like boxing, you’d have tons of opportunities to casually talk to strangers. Not in a way that frightens you but concerning a specific subject and with no pressure. Good luck :)
    Good morning, I think my body is a bit too old for university sports, I have bad knees haha.
    Plus I don't think 18-22 year old university students want to be running around with an old 35 year old hack like me.
    If I do boxing it would be at a local gym, there's one a walking distance from my home.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on