2016 and 2018 Fan Club Singles?

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    I think the universe can be of two minds here.

1. The real issue is not that this has been a perpetual problem since day 1.  There were years, 1994, that the single got delayed, and they made up for it with a double in 1995.  There were years like 2001 they just went ahead and did a double, which was fairly unique. Etc, etc fairly good things.

2. The last few have been a head scratcher and the communication has been a let down. 

So I guess at this point, when they announce they are done with the single two big things I wish for are, that they are putting their heart and soul into the two that are due, and that they are band thought out, like some of the earlier releases that clearly felt like the guys were engaged in the process.  The other thing is that I hope they are going to outline soon, what Analog really means moving forward, not just adding the asterisk that the vinyl single is discontinued.  

So while it is frustrating that this is lingering, I am putting my faith in the organization to ultimately come out making everyone feel better about the whole thing.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The failure to record the single falls on the band, but the failure to keep 2016 vs 2017 straight and to communicate why these are so delayed falls on Tim Bierman and his staff.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

• " I'm really surprised they just haven't taken 4 live tracks (any live tracks), a couple of live photos for the sleeves and pressed up 2 singles and sent them out. "

The band does have 28+ years of recordings stashed in their vaults.

Remember Ramblings I, II, and III ? 

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• rb173565rb173565 Posts: 101
    my hope for the last 'holiday' single is for a rambling style rant with the band reading out some of the comments on the many many threads on this topic and just slating everyone, really going for and not giving a toss as it's the last one
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rb173565 said:
    my hope for the last 'holiday' single is for a rambling style rant with the band reading out some of the comments on the many many threads on this topic and just slating everyone, really going for and not giving a toss as it's the last one
    That would be HILARIOUS!! Call it “Roastings” :lol:
  • on2legs said:
    I’ll never understand the anger people have over this issue.  I get the argument that they “owe” us a single because we paid for it, but it really doesn’t matter to me.  And I know people like to harp on a “customer service” argument to make their point.  And people like to say that a properly run business wouldn’t flake out on sending two records that people paid for and that’s true.  

But a properly run business also wouldn’t allow us to buy the best seats in the house for a fraction of what they could fetch on the secondary market.  And a properly run business also doesn’t give us a chance to buy a tour poster here for $35 when it’s going for $600 on eBay (emek Rome among others).  That would make no business sense to practically give these items away when their true market value is hundreds of dollars more. But they do it anyway.  

So I can easily live with them not being a properly run business. 
    Lol. Agree with everything here.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited February 2019
    I have no horse in this race but to me this is just pure laziness on the ten club and Pearl Jam. How hard can it be to create an annual Christmas single especially when you only work a few weeks out of the year.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have no horse in this race but to me this is just pure laziness on the ten club and Pearl Jam. How hard can it be to create an annual Christmas single especially when you only work a few weeks out of the year.  
    Completely agree. Just lazy and ultimately sad.
    I don't know whether it's lazy, but I do know it has been poorly handled.

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Wonder if we'll get any kind of update in this month's newsletter...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • I not even bothered so much that I don't have the singles.  I know we'll get them eventually.  I am more bothered that we haven't received an update,explanation or apology of any kind.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    on2legs said:
    I’ll never understand the anger people have over this issue. 
    Because the lack of proper information about what the hell is happening, is arrogant as f*ck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I’ve kept a casual eye on these threads hoping to catch somebody sharing that their singles have arrived. I don’t know how some of you can keep this up. Aren’t you tired of feeling burned by this? 

I get that people are disappointed that we paid membership dues and were promised singles and nobody tells us what’s going on... etc, etc

But the fact is that the band and 10C always made good on it. No single was ever lost or forgotten. Sure, they’ve been late, (and later) but we got them. And late is better than not at all, which is where we’re at now.

I can’t help but feel that if people had exercised  a little (more) patience and understanding that the single would be here at some point, and had they not blasted this forum with complaints about it, that we’d still have an annual vinyl single. So, thanks for that.  

...People calling this theft and talking about calling the cops... What are we, 6-year-olds?

If I were in a band that people cared enough about that they wanted to pay to be in the fan club and wanted something unique to make them feel like a part of something, I’d be so happy. But if I ever thought that people were this entitled and bent out of shape about such a small thing, I’d be like, “f*** it then”.

Sure seems like this band can’t do anything right for some. I’m thankful that I’m not one of those. I’ll miss the vinyl single, and I’ll certainly downgrade to Digital membership without it, but what I care about most is still to come... new music... shows... and who knows what else. I’m looking forward to it, whatever it is. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758

If I were in a band that people cared enough about that they wanted to pay to be in the fan club and wanted something unique to make them feel like a part of something, I’d be so happy. But if I ever thought that people were this entitled and bent out of shape about such a small thing, I’d be like, “f*** it then”.

See, this is where things fall of the rails though.  I personally, I have said, I can wait, no skin off my back, its just my philosophy through my own life experience.  And yet, it is fair for those who want to know where their item is to be a bit miffed, there has been no communication on the issue other than the recent we are cancelling the single starting in 2019. 

Even if the decision to do that and announce that included a little hint of acknowledgement of the delay, understand the frustrations, we are laying the groundwork to make this part good and although the single as a 45 will no longer be offered, we are outlining some new great ideas to share with you on what the Club will offer.   

Again I've been fairly neutral, because earth willing I am going to see the last two I am owed and ideally be thrilled with them, but I mean, people just want some clarity, I think they are all within their right to expect a little clarity.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    on2legs said:
    Because the lack of proper information about what the hell is happening, is arrogant as f*ck.
    The ten club has never communicated well. This is nothing new.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Okey, then it still stands: Because the lack of proper information about what the hell is happening, is arrogant as f*ck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    There will be inforrmation about the fanclub singles in a few days in the newsletter. It will say they are forthcoming. That should tide us over until the Summer.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I’ve kept a casual eye on these threads hoping to catch somebody sharing that their singles have arrived. I don’t know how some of you can keep this up. Aren’t you tired of feeling burned by this? 

I get that people are disappointed that we paid membership dues and were promised singles and nobody tells us what’s going on... etc, etc

But the fact is that the band and 10C always made good on it. No single was ever lost or forgotten. Sure, they’ve been late, (and later) but we got them. And late is better than not at all, which is where we’re at now.

I can’t help but feel that if people had exercised  a little (more) patience and understanding that the single would be here at some point, and had they not blasted this forum with complaints about it, that we’d still have an annual vinyl single. So, thanks for that.  

...People calling this theft and talking about calling the cops... What are we, 6-year-olds?

Sure seems like this band can’t do anything right for some. I’m thankful that I’m not one of those. I’ll miss the vinyl single, and I’ll certainly downgrade to Digital membership without it, but what I care about most is still to come... new music... shows... and who knows what else. I’m looking forward to it, whatever it is. 
    These threads have nothing to do with it being canceled. It is 2019, we do not have a single for 2017. This is clearly not a priority and has become a burden, and they do not want to be bothered with it, forums or not.
    No matter how many times I read them, the posts blaming members on this board for the band's decision to stop recording the singles never cease to blow my mind.

• FR181798 said:
    There will be inforrmation about the fanclub singles in a few days in the newsletter. It will say they are forthcoming. That should tide us over until the Summer.
    You're probably not wrong.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I’ve kept a casual eye on these threads hoping to catch somebody sharing that their singles have arrived. I don’t know how some of you can keep this up. Aren’t you tired of feeling burned by this? 

I find it hard to believe that 10C bases any decisions on what a handful of people say on a message board... Surely they aren't considering that when considering business, and the idea that they might not be sending these things out to the entire membership because of spite for a few forum posters is even harder to imagine. That would be super unprofessional and wouldn't make any business sense, and would be far less mature than any of the complaints here have been. I give 10C a lot more credit than that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I've worked in customer service of all types my whole life and whether it be as a waitress or as a research director - no matter what I thought of them - the customer is always right. Standard rule of business. 

Some customers will let you slide no matter what you do and some customers are pains in the asses. Both are to be treated with respect and the company is always wise to keep their customers happy and feeling like they matter. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Okey, then it still stands: Because the lack of proper information about what the hell is happening, is arrogant as f*ck.
    Eh.  Annoying maybe.  The arrogant AF catchphrase seems a little over the top.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Eh.  Annoying maybe.  The arrogant AF catchphrase seems a little over the top.  
    How much does communicating cost in 2019?
    How long time does it take to communicate in 2019?
    Do tenclub members want to be communicated with?

=

Not doing it - is more than "annoying".
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    100% guarantee there will be no update on this in february's newsletter...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    my_wave said:
    100% guarantee there will be no update on this in february's newsletter...
    I agree with this. Go ahead, prove us wrong. :hang_loose:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    njnancy said:
    I've worked in customer service of all types my whole life and whether it be as a waitress or as a research director - no matter what I thought of them - the customer is always right. Standard rule of business. 

Some customers will let you slide no matter what you do and some customers are pains in the asses. Both are to be treated with respect and the company is always wise to keep their customers happy and feeling like they matter. 

Yeah, I agree with this philosophy. And the 10C manager called 10C members who critiqued some posters "losers". The attitude is hard to swallow sometimes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Yeah, I agree with this philosophy. And the 10C manager called 10C members who critiqued some posters "losers". The attitude is hard to swallow sometimes.
    No matter what an asshole a client was - and there were some that I would have loved to just write off - if I had done more than a gentle reminder than 'no, we can not skew the demographics in your favor if the data doesn't support it', I would have been quite possibly fired and if one of my analysts had done this, they would have had a very important meeting with me. 

Clients equal reputation and money. That's why, short of some sort of abusive behavior, they are ALWAYS RIGHT.  And deadlines are made to be met. 
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    I don't know why it's such a big deal (other than the internet). We are no worse off than in 96, probably. I'm sure the 1995 double didn't arrive until the early months of 1996 and no one that I know really complained about that that much.

Having said that, I would like my singles please. They have essentially promised that they are coming :D so there's that...
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Not exactly. He just called the "assholes" assholes, not all the critics.