Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    mcgruff10 said:
    I enjoy it and I don't think those things are as important as the flavor, but I definitely want to experience the whole show.  And hope that I don't fuck up or accidentally do something disrespectful.
    Caring is all you need -- most places are happy to help you through the meal if you ask questions.
    Next time I go tuna fishing I ll send you some meat. 
    Save the dirty talk for your wife.
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

Trying to think where on the north shore you can get a pizza that looks that good.

Delaney's in Gloucester, but that's too far a drive for takeout.

Maybe Santarpio's?

Or does Swampscott have a hidden gem I don't know about?

Looks like L St in Southie to me.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    bbiggs said:
    There’s only one thing that comes to mind that is better plain.  Cheesecake. 
    BJs.

how would you know?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    Suburban Philadelphia (south jersey)
    NYC and Philly are both great restaurant cities but are both weak sushi cities .  Real sushi is rare and cost 2x what it should.
    When I lived in SoCal it was a slaughter.  
    LA has best sushi options outside of Japan.
    Never had good sushi from a Korean or Chinese owned place.  Like eating high end Italian from a Croation.  Silly 

dude knows of what he speaks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    BJs.

how would you know?
    I can still remember what it was like before marriage!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    BJs.

how would you know?
    I can still remember what it was like before marriage!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Two wonderful plain pizzas for dinner tonight. Crust is awesome. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    C’mon man. Don’t stop posting pics because of the great plain vs toppings debate of ‘19. Lol. Let’s see those delicious looking plain pies! 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    C’mon man. Don’t stop posting pics because of the great plain vs toppings debate of ‘19. Lol. Let’s see those delicious looking plain pies! 
    dude the crust was the best I have had at this place.  I had four god damn slices!! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dude the crust was the best I have had at this place.  I had four god damn slices!! 
    Haha that’s awesome. 4 slices is impressive!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Wife had Lorenzo's at the game tonight
    I don't care for their slices - they are average - but their thing is that one Alice = 2.5 slices at any normal joint.  Huge 
  • Options
    One slice.....fuck off, Autocorrect
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

The pizzas sucked or he’d be posting pictures. You weren’t around when he was routinely posting burnt crusts and orange cheese pizzas.

We've helped him a ton, but he didn’t have a clue what a good pizza was until about a year and a half ago maybe.

Didn't know what good music was either. He ranked Backspacer as PJs best album and Coldplay as his #2.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
     but their thing is that one Alice = 2.5 slices at any normal joint.  Huge 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
     but their thing is that one Alice = 2.5 slices at any normal joint.  Huge 

:lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

The pizzas sucked or he’d be posting pictures. You weren’t around when he was routinely posting burnt crusts and orange cheese pizzas.

We've helped him a ton, but he didn’t have a clue what a good pizza was until about a year and a half ago maybe.

Didn't know what good music was either. He ranked Backspacer as PJs best album and Coldplay as his #2.
    :rofl:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Backspacer will aways be ahead of riot act.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Jesus, you’re dumb. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Take that back. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Take that back. 
    Not even close. I d take Backspacer over riot act any day of the week. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Take that back. 

I’ll give you a pass on this. It’s the sinus meds talking, isn’t it? Yep...it’s gotta be the meds. 
  • Options
    I agree with Mike.  I love Riot Act, and some of the songs are badass...but when I rank 'em, I have Riot Act lower.
    This is totally subjective, unlike the fact that this region's pizza is the best in the USA.  :lol:  

• Options
    Did April 1 arrive early this year or am I in the twilight zone? Lol 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Take that back. 

I’ll give you a pass on this. It’s the sinus meds talking, isn’t it? Yep...it’s gotta be the meds. 
    Backspacer is fun, Riot act is just meh.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Lowest selling album ever.  Come on, riot act is baaaaaad.  If they played the entire album at a show I would leave. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bbiggs said:
    I think we may have woke up on the flat earth this morning. :lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Lowest selling album ever.  Come on, riot act is baaaaaad.  If they played the entire album at a show I would leave. 
    Oh christ. Now you're talking tough again.

And Backspacer is fun? In what way?

The only way it could be 'fun' is if we made a Backspacer Challenge: listen to it in its entirety without accessing your phone or any other distraction to take your mind from the pain.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He’s full of shit. 

Take that back. 

Backspacer is fun, Riot act is just meh.  
    Riot Act is almost perfect.
    Backspacer is about as fun as being kicked in the shin.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Backspacer has the single worst Pearl Jam song on it.  
    Johnny Guitar is the only PJ song that I would say is bad.  They aren't all gems, but that's the only turd.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?