Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463

what in god's name is this abomination? did the Tasmanian devil hit the compost bin?
    Not sure what the scissors are for, but looks like you could use a fork
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    Slice from my local bakery

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    SC i find it interesting how you use scissors to cut up salad onto your pizza. Looks healthy. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    SC i find it interesting how you use scissors to cut up salad onto your pizza. Looks healthy. 
    I cut the slices. 

That is how the kebab pizza comes in Sweden¨, with the salad/jalapenos/tomato/sometimes cuccumber. Don't know how it evolved into it. But it's the best, except for the kebab ofc because that is supporting the killing of animals. So I replace it with falafel or, just ask them to skip the kebab. Now I also order vegan cheese.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Vodka and plain.  I hate my kids.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    We had pizza tonight.  Cheese and a Sicilian.  Very good.  I ate three pieces and the rest goes into the freezer.  My Uber credit was going to expire in a few days so I needed to use it - AmEx & Uber Eats is great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Almost too much cheese...

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    mcgruff10 said:
    I read something yesterday that might interest you (and would have been more interesting 6 weeks ago)

Are Sundays a Part of Lent? - About Catholics

Sundays in Lent are not considered part of the forty (40) days of the Lenten season and therefore one is not required to uphold one’s Lenten penitence. For example, if you gave up eating desserts for Lent, you may have a piece of cake on a Sunday.

So technically you can have pizza on Sunday.

I never knew this , was counting the days till I get to have what I gave up (not pizza thankfully), always wondered how they got 40 days as its 47 from Ash Wed to Easter Sunday.

Learned a new Lent fact.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    As a kid from a strict catholic family upbringing, that rule was considered shite by many Catholics and for weak willed.  
    :lol:.  
  • Options
    Our priest (a Monsignor) was adamant about it.  He gave up drinking liquor for every Lent and he joined my father for drinks Easter evening, without fail every year....for his first liquor since Ash Wednesday.  ;)
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I read something yesterday that might interest you (and would have been more interesting 6 weeks ago)

Sundays in Lent are not considered part of the forty (40) days of the Lenten season and therefore one is not required to uphold one’s Lenten penitence. For example, if you gave up eating desserts for Lent, you may have a piece of cake on a Sunday.

I never knew this , was counting the days till I get to have what I gave up (not pizza thankfully), always wondered how they got 40 days as its 47 from Ash Wed to Easter Sunday.

Learned a new Lent fact.

Daaaaaaaamn.  I never knew that! I must admit though, before I read your post I caved tonight and had two of the vodka and one of the plain.  It was amazing.  I ll say an act of contrition tonight begging for forgiveness.   ;)
    excellent info for next year!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    ^ lol. Caving a week before. Been there, done that 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ lol. Caving a week before. Been there, done that 
    My wife and I had no dinner planned,  we caved.  The pizza was solid, the vodka was the best I ever had.  I still haven't had any wine since Lent started.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Learned a new Lent fact.

Daaaaaaaamn.  I never knew that! I must admit though, before I read your post I caved tonight and had two of the vodka and one of the plain.  It was amazing.  I ll say an act of contrition tonight begging for forgiveness.   ;)

Dude.
    I am going to be the jerk here and deal some tough love.

Really?

You caved a week prior?  For pizza?

C'mon man!

All good. 
    You guys are a hell of a Brady Bunch and your kids get to see lots of good examples of leading and being a great role model.
    (But seriously!  :lol:  You caved!  Sorry, I am just a David Goggins acolyte and believe that the inner voice that tells us it is OK to cave needs to be beaten and thrown down the stairs.  ;))
  • Options
    That is awesome, though, that the vodka was the best you have ever had.

I'm enjoying vodka, myself!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Lent is bullshit. Religion is bullshit. Eat whatever the fuck you want, when you want. You have no one to answer to or disappoint.
  • Options
    Lent is bullshit. Religion is bullshit. Eat whatever the fuck you want, when you want. You have no one to answer to or disappoint.
    Except maybe your doctor... :lol:
  • Options
    Most of the world's population disagrees with you. :lol:

• Options
    That is awesome, though, that the vodka was the best you have ever had.

I'm enjoying vodka, myself!
    I have also been enjoying ketel.  :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Learned a new Lent fact.

Dude.
    I am going to be the jerk here and deal some tough love.

Really?

You caved a week prior?  For pizza?

C'mon man!

All good. 
    You guys are a hell of a Brady Bunch and your kids get to see lots of good examples of leading and being a great role model.
    (But seriously!  :lol:  You caved!  Sorry, I am just a David Goggins acolyte and believe that the inner voice that tells us it is OK to cave needs to be beaten and thrown down the stairs.  ;))
    It was a tough week but no excuses, I caved.  However I will not hear up any of the leftovers!!
    thanks for the kind words.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    mcgruff10 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Ok, don't go on me..but why you called pizza, a pie??
    Just a nickname I m guessing. 
    Or it could be because it’s traditionally round like a pie.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    edited March 2021
    Yep!  When my mom asks me every year what I gave up for lent, I just laugh.  Had a wonderful pepperoni pie on Friday night...delicious.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Eating quality pie is a religious experience. Epizzapalian?
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options

• Options
    🍄
    And
    🥓?
  • Options
    Mushroom & sausage.
  • Options
    🌭
    Got it.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    RK50065 said:
    Almost too much cheese...

almost.

but, no.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Eating quality pie is a religious experience. Epizzapalian?
    That could be a religion I'd get behind!