2016 and 2018 Fan Club Singles?

Comments

• temple ball is legal is WA so i am not surprised the hippies messed it up a tiny bit.
    it's happened to me and more than once. being 100% perfect is so over rated
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    on2legs said:
    I’ll never understand the anger people have over this issue.  I get the argument that they “owe” us a single because we paid for it, but it really doesn’t matter to me.  And I know people like to harp on a “customer service” argument to make their point.  And people like to say that a properly run business wouldn’t flake out on sending two records that people paid for and that’s true.  

But a properly run business also wouldn’t allow us to buy the best seats in the house for a fraction of what they could fetch on the secondary market.  And a properly run business also doesn’t give us a chance to buy a tour poster here for $35 when it’s going for $600 on eBay (emek Rome among others).  That would make no business sense to practically give these items away when their true market value is hundreds of dollars more. But they do it anyway.  

So I can easily live with them not being a properly run business. 
    Nike, gives me the opportunity to buy Off-White UNC AJ1s for $160. They go for about $1000 now... so not sure is Nike a properly run business or not?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    MedozK said:
    on2legs said:
    I’ll never understand the anger people have over this issue.  I get the argument that they “owe” us a single because we paid for it, but it really doesn’t matter to me.  And I know people like to harp on a “customer service” argument to make their point.  And people like to say that a properly run business wouldn’t flake out on sending two records that people paid for and that’s true.  

But a properly run business also wouldn’t allow us to buy the best seats in the house for a fraction of what they could fetch on the secondary market.  And a properly run business also doesn’t give us a chance to buy a tour poster here for $35 when it’s going for $600 on eBay (emek Rome among others).  That would make no business sense to practically give these items away when their true market value is hundreds of dollars more. But they do it anyway.  

Nike, gives me the opportunity to buy Off-White UNC AJ1s for $160. They go for about $1000 now... so not sure is Nike a properly run business or not?
      I don't know... but if I were you I would zip over to the Nike message board and raise a ruckus like we got going on over here.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2019
    on2legs said:
    MedozK said:
    on2legs said:

I don't know... but if I were you I would zip over to the Nike message board and raise a ruckus like we got going on over here.
    No need, when I purchase stuff from them I get it.

but I get it.. I’m just surprised they haven’t just pressed up some live cuts... and washed their hands of the whole thing.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    MedozK said:
    on2legs said:

Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    Tim Bierman explaining the fanclub situation in the next newsletter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXJiSZhA5cg
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    MedozK said:
    on2legs said:

Yup. Don't know why that is so hard for some to understand. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    on2legs said:

That is fine that your are 100% complacent with 10 Club's poor practices. That's your choice. The problem is that too many people have given them the same pass over the years, so they continue those poor practices. That, however, doesn't excuse them.  It really doesn't matter what other perks they give us in the meantime. If that offsets the lack of fulfillment for you, that's great. While access to exclusive items and tickets is a membership benefit, the secondary market comparison is completely irrelevant.  When you pay for something, you should receive it within the time frame specified.  Not 2 years later, or possibly never at all. I find it hard to believe that you could "never understand the anger people have over" wanting to get what they paid for years ago.
    Look, I love the Ten Club as much as everyone here. I've gotten a lot more good from them than bad.  A lot.  But that doesn't excuse the bad and I don't know why anyone would be satisfied with the bad.
  • on2legs said:

Don't try to rationalize this away.  Analog members were promised vinyl singles as part of their membership packages.  They have not been delivered.  Whether the Ten Club charges the correct price for tickets is a completely different argument.  I haven't purchased a ticket through the Ten Club in over two years.  Am I now more entitled to my annual single than someone who has?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    on2legs said:

Don't try to rationalize this away.  Analog members were promised vinyl singles as part of their membership packages.  They have not been delivered.  Whether the Ten Club charges the correct price for tickets is a completely different argument.  I haven't purchased a ticket through the Ten Club in over two years.  Am I now more entitled to my annual single than someone who has?
    Not just analog. Even digital members were promised a unique single as well. Just not on vinyl.
    on2legs said:

I’m not rationalizing it.  I’m saying that I’m choosing to look at the big picture and I am extremely happy with my ten club membership over the last 22 years.   
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:

That is fine that your are 100% complacent with 10 Club's poor practices. That's your choice. The problem is that too many people have given them the same pass over the years, so they continue those poor practices. That, however, doesn't excuse them.  It really doesn't matter what other perks they give us in the meantime. If that offsets the lack of fulfillment for you, that's great. While access to exclusive items and tickets is a membership benefit, the secondary market comparison is completely irrelevant.  When you pay for something, you should receive it within the time frame specified.  Not 2 years later, or possibly never at all. I find it hard to believe that you could "never understand the anger people have over" wanting to get what they paid for years ago.
    Look, I love the Ten Club as much as everyone here. I've gotten a lot more good from them than bad.  A lot.  But that doesn't excuse the bad and I don't know why anyone would be satisfied with the bad.
    Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I don't care about the prices of things on the secondary market because I don't buy things from the secondary market. I'm not going to commend a band or their business entity for not ripping us off simply because the means and opportunity for them to do so is there. I made a business transaction with Pearl Jam and 10C, one they haven't made good on, and that's the only thing I'm concerned with right now. I don't care about what tickets can go for on the secondary market when the last time they played my city was 13 years ago. I don't care about posters for shows I never went to. I know they do a lot of good outside of the issue I'm addressing - I'll give you that. But those extenuating circumstances have no bearing on the fact that I haven't received goods I've paid for YEARS ago.
    Sounds like the makings of a good lawsuit.  

There's a lot of room between being frustrated over not receiving something you paid for 2ish years ago and filing a lawsuit. As long as someone is expressing themselves in a respectful way, there's certainly reason to be annoyed. If they haven't played your area in over a decade, the ticket benefit ain't helping. Nor would the opportunity to buy souvenirs from all the other places they played that aren't your area.

Like you, I'm fine to ride it out but I understand why a lot of people are aggravated. 
    on2legs said:

Eh... People need to put away the pitch forks.  People here post about the ten club with such venom that you would think the ten club beat them up when they were little or something.  

pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I don't care about the prices of things on the secondary market because I don't buy things from the secondary market. I'm not going to commend a band or their business entity for not ripping us off simply because the means and opportunity for them to do so is there. I made a business transaction with Pearl Jam and 10C, one they haven't made good on, and that's the only thing I'm concerned with right now. I don't care about what tickets can go for on the secondary market when the last time they played my city was 13 years ago. I don't care about posters for shows I never went to. I know they do a lot of good outside of the issue I'm addressing - I'll give you that. But those extenuating circumstances have no bearing on the fact that I haven't received goods I've paid for YEARS ago.

There's a lot of room between being frustrated over not receiving something you paid for 2ish years ago and filing a lawsuit. As long as someone is expressing themselves in a respectful way, there's certainly reason to be annoyed. If they haven't played your area in over a decade, the ticket benefit ain't helping. Nor would the opportunity to buy souvenirs from all the other places they played that aren't your area.

Like you, I'm fine to ride it out but I understand why a lot of people are aggravated. 
    Reread some of the posts on here.  People are losing their minds.  

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Oh...for sure. Believe me when I say I have way more contempt for the fan base than 99% of what the band or 10C do. But reasonable people have a legit gripe.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    so many live cuts to choose from.

Why is making 45s so difficult?  I could pick out 2 songs a year for the band.  I'd do it for a small fee, next to nothing.

look

Don't be Shy from 03032003
    I Wont Back Down 07092016

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited February 2019
    Tiki said:

Why is making 45s so difficult?  I could pick out 2 songs a year for the band.  I'd do it for a small fee, next to nothing.

look

The problem is no one wants the single to be from official bootlegs already available. And I agree, whats the point in that? I think both of those are. But still lots to chose from, unless they are saving up for some vaults.
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:

look

The problem is no one wants the single to be from official bootlegs already available. And I agree, whats the point in that? I think both of those are. But still lots to chose from, unless they are saving up for some vaults.
    I would prefer a new song too but I think that ship has sailed.  I’d be okay with either of the previously quoted two songs especially if we haven’t had them on vinyl yet.  

pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Oh...for sure. Believe me when I say I have way more contempt for the fan base than 99% of what the band or 10C do. But reasonable people have a legit gripe.
    I totally agree it’s a legit gripe.  I just disagree with the disproportionate response from some people.  

on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:

look

I would prefer a new song too but I think that ship has sailed.  I’d be okay with either of the previously quoted two songs especially if we haven’t had them on vinyl yet.  
    I'm okay with live songs. Just not versions already available. I already have the Telluride boot, don't need singles from it.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:

look

I'm not no one. and I don't mind them already being "available".  I "possess" both of those digital files.   Spinning a 45 is different.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

If Ten Club were perfect, they would have fulfilled their membership benefits on time, every time. They have failed to do that several years. Again, the surplus of good things don’t excuse the bad.
    edited February 2019
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

If Ten Club were perfect, they would have fulfilled their membership benefits on time, every time. They have failed to do that several years. Again, the surplus of good things don’t excuse the bad.
      You misunderstood that quote (I didn't make it up by the way).  The ten club (nor I) are most certainly not perfect.  My point was that people demanding perfection in everything the ten club does run the risk of all the good (and more important) things the ten club does for us being undervalued and overlooked.

"Aristotle, Confucius, and other classical philosophers propounded the principle of the golden mean which counsels against extremism in general.[4] The Pareto principle or 80–20 rule explains this numerically. For example, it commonly takes 20% of the full time to complete 80% of a task while to complete the last 20% of a task takes 80% of the effort.[5] Achieving absolute perfection may be impossible and so, as increasing effort results in diminishing returns, further activity becomes increasingly inefficient. Robert Watson-Watt, who developed early warning radar in Britain to counter the rapid growth of the Luftwaffe, propounded a "cult of the imperfect", which he stated as "Give them the third best to go on with; the second best comes too late, the best never comes."

Post edited by on2legs on

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited February 2019
    Since when is delivering a good in a reasonable time frame considered perfection? People are demanding proficiency, not perfection. 

Amazon two day shipping is perfection.
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Haven’t missed much I see! Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

You misunderstood that quote (I didn't make it up by the way).  The ten club (nor I) are most certainly not perfect.  My point was that people demanding perfection in everything the ten club does run the risk of all the good (and more important) things the ten club does for us being undervalued and overlooked.

"Aristotle, Confucius, and other classical philosophers propounded the principle of the golden mean which counsels against extremism in general.[4] The Pareto principle or 80–20 rule explains this numerically. For example, it commonly takes 20% of the full time to complete 80% of a task while to complete the last 20% of a task takes 80% of the effort.[5] Achieving absolute perfection may be impossible and so, as increasing effort results in diminishing returns, further activity becomes increasingly inefficient. Robert Watson-Watt, who developed early warning radar in Britain to counter the rapid growth of the Luftwaffe, propounded a "cult of the imperfect", which he stated as "Give them the third best to go on with; the second best comes too late, the best never comes."

Yes, I misread it. Flipped them around.
    And I don’t undervalue or overlook all the good. I’ve stated that. But their bad isn’t just bad, it’s reeeeeaaally bad. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

And I don’t undervalue or overlook all the good. I’ve stated that. But their bad isn’t just bad, it’s reeeeeaaally bad. 
    Yeah... but they’re good at all the important things. The single, while promised, is not anywhere the big deal people are making it out to be. 

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Yeah... but they’re good at all the important things. The single, while promised, is not anywhere the big deal people are making it out to be. 
    Why? Because they are good at charging for access to buy merch?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16