A bit dissapointed...

Comments

• NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    The reality is that ever since the band hasn't been on a record contract (so post 2006), the studio output has been close to nil. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Agreed with you OP

There are a lot of fans who slam everything they do, then head out on full tours or multiple dates. Its truly baffling

I would say the live shows are where its at for Pearl Jam in the last decade.  In the last 10 years they have only released two albums so there is not much to chat about regarding the music except for some Vault releases.   
    Oh they still chat dude and slam every thing the band does, the last few records, and the goods being sold. Yet are the first to buy those goods, raffle them, and then buy the tickets. Its hilarious

I'm sure I'm on the list as a negative poster.   I've at least stopped buying new stuff so I'm not as much of a hypocrite.  But just like people get mad at my speculation, a lot of people conversely get mad when someone makes excuses like "they are so busy, they just played six weeks of shows last year....or they are all busy with families...." because it sounds so silly compared to the rest of the world where some people are working three jobs to make ends meet.   I will admit when I read someone say they haven't released an album because they had kids or toured because they played 20 shows 12 months ago that it makes me want to post a stronger opinion otherwise.  I shouldn't care, but there is speculation on both sides and people believing their speculation is almost fact. 

I come here to talk and speculate.  PJ has been a huge part of my life and my reason for traveling the world.  It is just that PJ is a band with a few people, whereas if you are an Apple geek you can speculate or bitch on an Apple board and it doesn't seem like personal attacks.

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Agreed with you OP

There are a lot of fans who slam everything they do, then head out on full tours or multiple dates. Its truly baffling

I would say the live shows are where its at for Pearl Jam in the last decade.  In the last 10 years they have only released two albums so there is not much to chat about regarding the music except for some Vault releases.   
    Oh they still chat dude and slam every thing the band does, the last few records, and the goods being sold. Yet are the first to buy those goods, raffle them, and then buy the tickets. Its hilarious

I'm sure I'm on the list as a negative poster.   I've at least stopped buying new stuff so I'm not as much of a hypocrite.  But just like people get mad at my speculation, a lot of people conversely get mad when someone makes excuses like "they are so busy, they just played six weeks of shows last year....or they are all busy with families...." because it sounds so silly compared to the rest of the world where some people are working three jobs to make ends meet.   I will admit when I read someone say they haven't released an album because they had kids or toured because they played 20 shows 12 months ago that it makes me want to post a stronger opinion otherwise.  I shouldn't care, but there is speculation on both sides and people believing their speculation is almost fact. 

I come here to talk and speculate.  PJ has been a huge part of my life and my reason for traveling the world.  It is just that PJ is a band with a few people, whereas if you are an Apple geek you can speculate or bitch on an Apple board and it doesn't seem like personal attacks.

You know what dude, absolutely not. I have always found you to be fair on these boards. There is nothing wrong with a little critique at all, and the work ethic thing will always crop up......I have to admit I am envious of the need to work as little as is perceived (although i do not doubt these guys are heavily involved  in a great many causes that we do not hear about). If I ever reach that envied position in life I will consider that a success story LOL. 

At the end of the day the band can do as they please, they can work as much as they like. I agree it doesnt mean people necessarily need to make excuses for them, but as a band who can blame them? They still sell out anywhere they play? they have a rabid fanbase willing to buy anything they make? They are a juggernaut of success - so who is to question this business model?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Agreed with you OP

You know what dude, absolutely not. I have always found you to be fair on these boards. There is nothing wrong with a little critique at all, and the work ethic thing will always crop up......I have to admit I am envious of the need to work as little as is perceived (although i do not doubt these guys are heavily involved  in a great many causes that we do not hear about). If I ever reach that envied position in life I will consider that a success story LOL. 

At the end of the day the band can do as they please, they can work as much as they like. I agree it doesnt mean people necessarily need to make excuses for them, but as a band who can blame them? They still sell out anywhere they play? they have a rabid fanbase willing to buy anything they make? They are a juggernaut of success - so who is to question this business model?

They wrote a tremendous amount of fantastic material when they were in their 20s and early 30s at a time when there was a large market interested in paying good money for new music. I would say talent mixed with fortunate timing more than a type of business model.

Of course they can do what they want. They just shouldn't tell fans a new album is imminent when it was not. Or at least come clean and stop pretending their communication  did not contribute to this...whatever this is.
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Agreed with you OP

Can’t disagree with anything you said.  We are all jealous of them of their lifestyle/freedom.
  • Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    I hang around another message board, and right now their seems to be a struggle between people who want only positive things said and posted, and people who want to express how they truly feel.  I used to hold up this forum as a place where people could have both conversations.  People could have the same conversation about favourite song or album or tour or B-side, and other people could talk about whether or not the band sold out/ sells too much merch..  Please don't turn this into one of those places where everything has to be nice and positive and anything less is a troll.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Positivity...
    I just saved a  bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. 
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    edited January 2019
    Eroom21 said:
    I hang around another message board, and right now their seems to be a struggle between people who want only positive things said and posted, and people who want to express how they truly feel.  I used to hold up this forum as a place where people could have both conversations.  People could have the same conversation about favourite song or album or tour or B-side, and other people could talk about whether or not the band sold out/ sells too much merch..  Please don't turn this into one of those places where everything has to be nice and positive and anything less is a troll.
    That is the least thing I want, but if I ask specifically to keep it positive (for I have been on this board too long), that should be respected also. It was just for fun and before I realize it (for I am not on the board everyday) it became somewhat of a bashing round of albums and what I gathered name calling to each other.

Honesty is fine. But these arguments are sooooooooooo old. If you believe that Ten or VS. is the best thing they ever done, and all the rest is crap, be realistic: you're fan of an era and not a band. Bands grow, develop, evolve - not in the way we all wish, but a good band doesn't stand still. Even BS and LB each have their own flavour; hate them or not. They also both have their own themes, gems and weaknesses. The same way Ten had its weaknesses. (It was over-produced. It could have had a much rawer sound, that PJ mastered later.)

So I am not into: keep everything positive. But I am into: let's think positive for a second regarding the upcoming album and what do you think? Do you have ideas you want? Bash the other albums in other threads. But is this really too much to ask?
    Post edited by fortyshades on
    Zod said:
    I also don't feel it's all negative.  It's people discussing the current status of the band, and being a little bummed they aren't as active as they'd like.   It's ok to be bummed.  At least the bummed people get to be bummed together and not alone.  That's a positive :)
    Hahahahaha.... Good point...
    edited January 2019
    Matts3221 said:

Thank you so very much for writing this!

I know I have said a few times that I feel like fans "shit" on the band and I hope that comment did not add fuel to the fire, going forward I will not use that term. Before I used to just look at the board and see all the positivity on there and loved it. Just peps talking about a band they love. 

At a time when the world feels like it is on fire and everyone hates each other , I loved coming on here just to read rumors or what people were very into at the time and speculate , speculate seemed to turn into what every other comment section on the internet does , topic starts then starts to go off the rails and then weird attacks on the band or other members of the board.

Albums get scrapped or postponed for a number of reason and the band members want privacy , I am not putting gossip out there but imaging if one of the band members or their family has cancer right now maybe some crazy shit they don't feel like sending the rest of the world and that is holding them up I would hope you would feel bad.

What sucks is this the internet is the internet and of course someone will be negative. Here is to more positive comments in 2019. Maybe some shows , maybe not but I always have the music to listen too if I want.

Peace and Love

You welcome...

I remember those days too. Track-to-track analysis. Picking songs apart. I remember a whole album review of Riot Act. It was excellently written. It kept the excitement and anticipation going. It became eventually my least favourite album. But so what. If someone tells me their best album is "Riot Act" I am pleased for them. I don't criticize them for not having "taste". My favourite album is Vitalogy. (Even the fillers, which to me aren't fillers but soundscapes that put the whole concept of the album together. Even the weird ending. The conversation between a psychiatrist and a patient; it all fits with the concept of Vitalogy and conformity.) I still do track-to-track analysis on my website  - in Dutch I am afraid. Just for fun. I tried to review them as an Anthropologist. (Even though I should use my website for promoting my books - so I am told, but the publishers company can bite me.) And I try to put the album in a greater perspective. I think, poetically speaking, their best era was Vitalogy-Binaural. But that is just my opinion. I will never force it on every one. Every album has it gems and weaknesses. Every album has its flavour. And now we are even picking on band members; that it is *his* fault the album got delayed. That is conjecture. We don't know that. It is NOT a fact. I think having kids have an influence. Being on the road can be hard. They became older and adults, that is also shown in the lyrics. I think they will think twice now, being parents themselves, of titling a song "Jeremy": for life is much more complicated than a newspaper clipping and it affects the people who were in the situation and knew more about the issue. So they have slowed down, but can still kick out Mind Your Manners, Comatose, Got Some and other "harder" songs. If they were in it for the money, as some have suggested, they would have toured more. But they don't. And isn't that the PJ we all fell in love with: a band that went against the grain, that did things on their own terms? The love of the music is still there. I can see it in every (2-3+hours) concerts - you know how many bands give concerts that are that long *and* change the setlists every night??? It is gruesome. Sometimes they struggle and you know what, that makes it authentic and an unique experience. (When Ed complimented himself for writing the lyrics to Indifference in London, I believe it was 2014, and than forgot the lyrics of the the first verse.) That is gold. That is putting yourself out there. And this band does this over and over again. Some gratitude is in order. Sure there are things to criticize, but also things to be thankful for. The first, lately, start to overshadow the latter and it is a shame. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    I would love to go back to "track-to-track analyses and album reviews and the excitement brought by new music!!!...... In the meantime, I guess we just have to talk about whatever we can think of to talk about, lol. I think people have basically said everything that can be said about the PJ music that already exists TBH, so of course the boards aren't like they used to be when new music and exciting side projects were coming at us like rapid fire.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ...not with Sea, Kat, TenC or other people involved in making this forum work. I am dissapointed in us.

I am the OP of the thread "New album and rumours/ expecations"". I asked on page 1 and several pages later to keep it positive. Is this so hard, really? Is it so hard *not* to mention which songs or albums you hate, than to share some musical dreams or wishes you have? The thread was suppose to be fun; something to look forward to and start a little bit of a buzz about a thing we all wish for. (The new album.)  But as soon as the thread grew , the negativity grew too.

All I wanted to share was some dreams.

Instead there were comments made that the band is disconnected, in "retirement", the band is in a down fall etc. Etc. Etc.

Why still be a fan if the future is so filled with gloom and doom? I heard these comments since Binaural when their last song was "Parting Ways" . I heard it when they got their own recordd label. This forum is no longer fun to engage or particpate in. The negativity is constant, and the arguments stale and put on repeat for the last 20 years. And you know what: the band is still here. But if I was band member and see some of these comments, my stomach would churn.

This is not a plead to TenClub to open the old thread. This is a plea however to us:  to look in the mirror and ask yourself how you came here, what the love for this band initially was and how *you* and all of us together* can stop the hating and basibg and start some positivity here.

It is always easy to point out what someone didn't do, what the faults or weaknesses of an album or song is/was..

Its so easy.

Its a lot harder to vocalize your dreams, wishes and possibilities. For that means vulnerability. You give something away instead of closing things off with negativity. With things we heard a 1000x. And the funny thing is, comments with negativity always holds the underlining and indirect implication "that this is the hard truth:, the reality".

Etc.

No, it is not the "truth" or "reality". The objective truth is, is that we do not know. That *is* the truth. So stop the gloom and doom. The self pity. Share dreams.

Share your dreams.

Had to get this off my chest. My intention with the OP was positive and not a thread to create this wave of circular negativity. Its not reality. Its nothing than the projections of your own fears and dissapointments and nothing more than that.

Be vulnerable. Instead of feeling sorry and entitled.

Anthonie

so you don't want reality you want people to blow smoke up your ass?
    There is no reality. There is conjecture. Nothing more. And I try to keep my ass away from smoke.
    PJ_Soul said:
    I would love to go back to "track-to-track analyses and album reviews and the excitement brought by new music!!!...... In the meantime, I guess we just have to talk about whatever we can think of to talk about, lol. I think people have basically said basically everything that can be said about the PJ music that already exists TBH, so of course the boards aren't like they used to be when new music and exciting side projects were coming at us like rapid fire.

You could be right. Even though there have been some interesting side projects over the years: Temple of the Dog "reunion"/ tribute, Mike doing his music scores, Stone Gossard with Brad and Little Ships, Jeff Ament with his solo album, the rumor that Ed will do the music score of a movie, the induction in the Rock and Roll hall of fame, the one song they did (besides CDM) - its 1 o'clock at night here and I forgot the title - "No Today" I think it was called. It is a cover. But the lyrics are awesome. The song Skipping. The album Matt Cameron made. Sure it's a bit of this and that. And the band have done this for years - way before LB. These "breaks" seem to help them creatively. And this trajectory is not new. You see more bands, when they grow and the expectations get higher, that they have more years between albums. Think of APC or TOOL. The last album of TOOL came out on the same day as ST. (Even though comparing these bands, is comparing apples with oranges.) I would still like to see a Desert Session with Josh - they talked about it in one of the Deep issues. You are right, it is not as much anymore than it used to be. But still enough to discuss. A band is more than touring or making an album. It's about sharing excitement. Getting to know a band is like taking a journey together; and I always liked that about the community. We might disagree on a variety of issues, but at least we were on the same boat. Now we seem to push people off and even pick on band members themselves. The last is beyond me. You don't have to agree with everything a band member does, but placing rumor as fact, conjecture as truth, I think you (not you specifically, but the great "you") are taking a steep dive that get close to being disrespectful. Like I stated, I do not mean you. You and I have debated lots. (And agreed on little, if I recall correctly.) But you don't hold it against me, I don't hold it against you - it was all in fun or jest or getting into an intellectual debate with some meat on it. We weren't playing "the-I-am-right" game. I always enjoyed our conversations. You made me think and reflect many times. And that is worth more than bashing.
    Eroom21 said:

I am having trouble understanding the contention that discussing PJ as a semi retired or part time entity is negative.

Its factual based on their output lately and the choices they made in life
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    I didn't see the original post but I've been around the PJ forums long enough to know asking people to be positive is like expecting Trump not use the words "very, very bad" ever again.  It's not going to happen. Sorry your attempt to stay positive was derailed. 
    Eroom21 said:

I am having trouble understanding the contention that discussing PJ as a semi retired or part time entity is negative.

Every band goes through moments of less activity, simply because you cannot force creativity, doesnt mean that they are an part time entity or close to retirement. This is an assumption. Since I am on this board they are on the verge of breaking up since Binaural - prop. before that.. Because this is the longest time period between albums does not make this factual based. It is still an assumption. Not every correllation is also a causation. lLets just wait.
  • Someone once sang, “it’s okay... it’s oka-a-ay.”

I’m with you and I know it’s hard to understand the actions of others. I’m reminded of a quote from fight club: you know the saying how you hurt the ones you love... well that works both ways. 

I wonder if if the pain masking as anger is about the loss, the disconnection, the fear this might all end. 

Anyway, here’s my mushy story:

This band became my comfort blanket in 1992 as I struggled in my formative years to deal with the A breaking (and finally broken) family, and an increasing understanding, shock, and revulsion that too often people can be so selfish and cruel. 

To hear EV sing lines like “once upon a time” with such passion and longing when hope and innocence still prospered. Or, connecting with the isolation and alienation of why go and Jeremy. I could go on and on through every album with deeply personal connections. I mean every line of Pendulum, right? Sorry, moving on...

As with many, I’m sure, the lyrics of each album connected so personally and deeply. And, Eddie never just sang these words, he delivered them with such emotion that they would be shroud me and seep into the core of my being. 

In fact, when I listen to every album, the songs take me back to whatever was going on in my life: my observations, my wonderings, conversations, my love, my longing, my hope, my confusion, my fear, my anger... this band is my life’s soundtrack. Now that being said, I have tons of music, new and old -  have you listened to LP?, it’s my newest jam - that I connect with, just none as deeply as Pearl Jam. 

My dream, without expectation, would be to have the part of the soundtrack; to gain new experiences, to reconnect, to feel the enveloping, the warmth, the sinking in. What most need to realize and appreciate is, even if there is never a new song, never another show, we have been beyond blessed with what we have already received. And, we should be so grateful for that, and to keep expecting more is... well, whoever reads this can decide for themselves what it is. 

My God, Pearl Jam has given us so much, and I love them more than most things/people in this world.

Cheers, friends.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
    I didn't see the original post but I've been around the PJ forums long enough to know asking people to be positive is like expecting Trump not use the words "very, very bad" ever again.  It's not going to happen. Sorry your attempt to stay positive was derailed. 
    I know, I know. But we can hope and try. In the same way I hope we will have a twitter free Trump Day. (Maybe a national holiday for the future.) And he does use "very, very bad" a lot, doesnt he? How do the lines go: "Dont you try talk down to me? My mind it aint so simple. Where is your vocabulary? Your ignorance is sinful."
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    edited January 2019
    Eroom21 said:

Every band goes through moments of less activity, simply because you cannot force creativity, doesnt mean that they are an part time entity or close to retirement. This is an assumption. Since I am on this board they are on the verge of breaking up since Binaural - prop. before that.. Because this is the longest time period between albums does not make this factual based. It is still an assumption. Not every correllation is also a causation. lLets just wait.
    All I have seen is some people expressing the same sentiment as the bass player in pearl jam, that it sure would be nice if the band was more of a...band. thats reality. nobody has said they are breaking up
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    edited January 2019
    NewJPage said:

All I have seen is some people expressing the same sentiment as the bass player in pearl jam, that it sure would be nice if the band was more of a...band. thats reality. nobody has said they are breaking up
    All have ups and downs. Relationships. Jobs. Bands. Not playing does not make you not a band; just being on hold for awhile. For whatever reason. And the messages are contradictionary. Stone stated they will return to the studio. We simply dont know. 5 people= 5 different mindsets. You could be right. All I am saying is: an hiatus, for whatever reason, does not equate stopping. Many bands have done this. We are not used to it however. Gettingright, well said btw.

Ps; just read the breaking up line. You may not have said it. But many implied it. "Retirement,", "a nostalgic band" etc. Sorry, if you felt I meant you.

Im going off to sleep now. 3 o clock now. This takes up way too much of mine time.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Eroom21 said:

Semi-Retired isn't the same thing as retired.  In means you work when you want to because there's no need for you to work full time.  It's part time work.   It doesn't mean the band is retired, it's means they only work sometimes when they want to work.  I think it fits.  You can be semi-retired for a long time.  I think Lerxst1992's opinion on it was a valid comment.

Eroom21 said:

I say semi retired based solely on their output the previous 6 years, both in studio and on the road. A fairly long period of time.

It is neither positive nor negative, it just is. IMO, of course :)
    edited January 2019

I say semi retired based solely on their output the previous 6 years, both in studio and on the road. A fairly long period of time.

I hear you. Its also that I am not responding to you necessarily,, more to a common thread, narrarive, where the word "rerirement" was used and even in more extreme wording etc. If this is the def. for you, fine by me. Than they have semi-retired since 2005 or so though. (No b-sides, longer breaks between albums, less tour dates etc.)And you'e right it is a neutral word. I was responding to those who have stated that the "end is near". Creating all kind of threads. Making a zellion comments.I remember the end was also near during Parting Ways. And maybe they are all right. Or maybe the band is trying to reinvent themselves. We dont know. Or maybe it is even more personal. Maybe there is a personal reason they cant get together. The truth is: we do not know. The rest is conjecture. It is the first time though I saw direct attacks or innuendos to band members themsleves. That is new. And spoiled and entitled. What I do know that if there is a choice between a positive narrative or an negative one in a specific situation, many choose the latter. My question is simple: why?
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Malroth said:

Cant open it on the phone... Funny... Sarcastic... Something to dance to... Doesnt look like a rock video... I go for dancing.
    Zod said:
    Eroom21 said:

Semi-Retired isn't the same thing as retired.  In means you work when you want to because there's no need for you to work full time.  It's part time work.   It doesn't mean the band is retired, it's means they only work sometimes when they want to work.  I think it fits.  You can be semi-retired for a long time.  I think Lerxst1992's opinion on it was a valid comment.

I think so too... Very valid. (No sarcasm.) But please see my answer and how this thread started.
  • I used to come this board everyday with all the old names led by SENROCK 12-14 years ago. It was all positive and happy and everyone except a couple people got a long and just talked music. But like every other social media platform it changed to negative and just stupid arguing so you don't many of the old names around anymore. It's to bad but nothing will change. Someone will for sure say something negative about this post even though its 100% true.
    I remember SENROCK's doggie thread!
    Yup and her 90210 and Even Flow threads, It was all positive back then. 
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done

I hear you. Its also that I am not responding to you necessarily,, more to a common thread, narrarive, where the word "rerirement" was used and even in more extreme wording etc. If this is the def. for you, fine by me. Than they have semi-retired since 2005 or so though. (No b-sides, longer breaks between albums, less tour dates etc.)And you'e right it is a neutral word. I was responding to those who have stated that the "end is near". Creating all kind of threads. Making a zellion comments.I remember the end was also near during Parting Ways. And maybe they are all right. Or maybe the band is trying to reinvent themselves. We dont know. Or maybe it is even more personal. Maybe there is a personal reason they cant get together. The truth is: we do not know. The rest is conjecture. It is the first time though I saw direct attacks or innuendos to band members themsleves. That is new. And spoiled and entitled. What I do know that if there is a choice between a positive narrative or an negative one in a specific situation, many choose the latter. My question is simple: why?

Its upsetting when a band calls it quits. Sometimes its done with no notice, sometimes notice consists of only  5 months and 35 shows (looking at you Rush!). How some fans deal with this can come across the wrong way.

Looking at PJs age, they may be near the time this decision is made for them. If they barely want to be a band at 54 years old, how motivated will they be at 62? That's their business, i fully get that.

Which is fine, it's a very personal decision most of us get to make. From my perspective I wish there was a tiny acknowledgment from them that their available days to roam the planet together celebrating their great music in person with their fans might not be as numerous as one might think.

Instead they tease  a new album is forthcoming then pretend like that statement was never made ten months later. Instead the focus is on solo shows on the continent that has seen the most band/solo related action of late. So be it :)
    Who wants to play a show in Dallas when you can play a show in Barcelona?
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    My thoughts exactly OP. There are so many armchair experts and negative thinkers on here that I never ever come to this forum anymore. I love the band, I love the music, I love going to the shows. But this forum is so full of pretentious know it alls that it isn't worth reading a thread for more than a page. They almost always devolve into whining. My guess is the same negative posters on this forum are the same people that flame Facebook posts with racist and derogatory attacks on total strangers. Such a sad pathetic life, to be that negative and down. 
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.